Let’s sign Gareth Bale

StrettyEnder07

He would improve us no end. If it's on a loan I am 100% for it. Hell if the naysayers are correct and we only get half a season out of him I'd prefer that to a full one of any of our other players.
Haha mate you actually get people on here who just hate anything anyone says, they think its football manager honest to god. Bale? Behave we don't want him I will only be happy if Messi signs or hey we have that young lad Lingard, he will come good, Bale would not improve our attack at all.

Even though he is well past it and by all accounts 44, with no pace, no touch, can't run, can't score a goal and is ready for his zimmer frame, he would STILL be our best attacking player by some distance.

"Waits for alerts from angry fans going mental that anyone dare have a different opinion to them"

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
That's why I am saying get him on loan for probably half his wages, Madrid will pay half of them to get him out of the club for at least a season, the same as we will do if Sanchez goes to Inter/Juve.

Can everyone losing their minds over Bale realise that I have said TAKE HIM ON LOAN not buy him permanently, seems to be a part of the brain that people are struggling with this concept.

We would end up paying maybe £250k a week for Bale if he came on loan, we are giving Marcus "Can't hit a barn door with a fecking banjo" Rashford £300k a week for doing pretty much feck all, so Bale on £250k a week on loan would be pretty risk free, especially if Sanchez goes to Italy with Lukaku and it frees up money for elsewhere this summer.
If reports are to be believed Bale is on £600-650k. So half that still makes him the most expensive player after Sanchez. Hardly risk free!

Maybe it's your part of the brain that is struggling...!

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I'd take him on loan if we were proper desperate on deadline day.

As long as Real subsidise his wages like we did with Nani at Sporting.

StrettyEnder07

If reports are to be believed Bale is on £600-650k. So half that still makes him the most expensive player after Sanchez. Hardly risk free!

Yeah never heard of clubs agreeing different splits, only 50-50 haha maybe, just maybe Einstein they might do what 45-55? oooo 40-60 could you imagine.

Lingard is on over 100k a week, Phil Jones on what 150k a week, Rashford 300k a week, Pogba on 400k a week, Sanchez 500k a week, Matic 150k a week, Martial prob now on 300k a week.

But yeah, giving Bale 250/300k a week is crazy haha have a day off you melt

StrettyEnder07

I'd take him on loan if we were proper desperate on deadline day.

As long as Real subsidise his wages like we did with Nani at Sporting.

You actually have me intrigued here, so Bale on loan paying a whole 250/300k a week is a massive risk and basically insane to even be considering it.

You're Ole, go on then what do you do this summer?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It's funnier you thinking Real Madrid are going to pay a player 400k a week to play against them. :lol: Jesus pal, who needs a day off?

StrettyEnder07

It's funnier you thinking Real Madrid are going to pay a player 400k a week to play against them. :lol: Jesus pal, who needs a day off?
Yeah because players going on loan to other clubs for a season with the club who own the player paying a percentage of their wage is unheard off? FML

So if Sanchez goes to Inter Milan on loan or on a permanent you think that Inter will be paying all of his wages?

Or when we wanted rid of Nani and paid about 90% of his wages while he was at Sporting on loan?

Also, are we due to play Madrid next season are we, thought we were in the Europa.................good effort though.

NEXT

Summit

Yeah because players going on loan to other clubs for a season with the club who own the player paying a percentage of their wage is unheard off? FML

So if Sanchez goes to Inter Milan on loan or on a permanent you think that Inter will be paying all of his wages?

Or when we wanted rid of Nani and paid about 90% of his wages while he was at Sporting on loan?

Also, are we due to play Madrid next season are we, thought we were in the Europa.................good effort though.

NEXT
You think Madrid will pay 400k a week to a player not playing for them? ok

So this deal of Madrid paying 60% of his wages would only be for United? No other team in Europe can have this deal?

Last edited:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
You won’t get a player of his quality (when fit) for less.

Worth a loan but not a purchase. Low risk instant boost and not a bad mentor for Rashford and co he’s won everything there is to win domestically and continental wise.

Im completely against a full signing of him and we still need to invest in future options so in an ideal world we wouldn’t bother with him but as a mentor for younger players and an example of professionalism he’s not bad.

StrettyEnder07

You think Madrid will pay 400k a week to a player not playing for them? ok
You think United will pay 300/400k a week and receive no fee just to get rid of Sanchez? Is there much difference, can't see it.

Madrid are desperate to get rid of Bale, United can easily sit and wait all summer and say you want rid you pay a decent percentage of his wages and we will take him, if Madrid say no then we pull out.

Not sure why you're getting so bent out of shape, Inter have the same position with us, they know we are desperate to get rid of Sanchez so will say well you pay half or 60% of his wages and deal.

Exact same thing that Sporting done with us with Nani.

Not to sure why you're finding it so hard to understand how a loan works????? Not rocket science lad

Summit

Not to sure why you're finding it so hard to understand how a loan works????? Not rocket science lad
Come on fella, stop assuming that I don't know how a loan works because I'm of the opinion that Madrid won't subsidise Bale's wages to get him out the club. 400k is a lot of money to pay someone playing for someone else unless there is a cash injection from United like 20m for a two year loan with an option to buy for said amount. Only then can I see Real paying some of his wage but even then I couldn't see 400k being paid by Real.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Yeah never heard of clubs agreeing different splits, only 50-50 haha maybe, just maybe Einstein they might do what 45-55? oooo 40-60 could you imagine.

Lingard is on over 100k a week, Phil Jones on what 150k a week, Rashford 300k a week, Pogba on 400k a week, Sanchez 500k a week, Matic 150k a week, Martial prob now on 300k a week.

Sounds like you should apply to be the sporting director....maybe you could ask for Real to pay all of Bale's salary and maybe a happy ending massage for your trouble.

Alternatively with your melt talk...I hear love island is back on soon....!

As for day off...I'm sitting by the pool right now, ha ha.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So if you're United, Sancho/Pepe are not obtainable this summer, you get offered Bale on loan for half his wages for a season, he is an insane improvement on Mata/Lingard (don't care what any muppet on here says), you not think that would be a pretty risk free bit of business from our point of view?
On those conditions? Sure i'd take him. Not sure those conditions are realistic...

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Do these comments from Bale sound like someone we should be signing?
However, he told upcoming BT Sport film "State of Play" that the "sacrifice" required to compete among the elite in a team sport means "you lose your life."

"As a professional athlete -- especially in a team environment -- you don't get to choose your schedule, maybe like a golf or a tennis player," Bale said. "So we're kind of just robots. We're told where to be, when to be there, what time we have to eat, what time we have to go to the coach.

"It's kind of like you lose your life in a way. You don't get to choose what you want to do, when you want to do it. But a career in football's so short, sometimes you just have to sacrifice it."
http://www.espn.com/soccer/real-madrid/story/3859223/real-madrids-bale-footballers-are-robots

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Add in all the times he's turned us down in the past too? Hell no.

The only way he would want to come here is if, he's been looking at Sánchez chilling out making movies whilst picking up his obscene wages and thinking ''I'll have a bit of that please, play golf all day, perfect''.

You would have to pay me to bring Bale here.

Saying that, I actually would not be surprised if Woodward signs him, the football is a sideshow to the money making anyway.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Add in all the times he's turned us down in the past too? Hell no.
He must still be praying every other night because of that. If he came here, instead of the 4 CLs he wouldve won the europa league and fa cup. And get to work with Moyes, who will tell him to track back more often and work harder.

I wouldn't mind him here if the deal could be worked out massively in our favor, especially given how Madrid are desperate and running out of options. Still has something to offer and suits the style we are trying to achieve.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He must still be praying every other night because of that. If he came here, instead of the 4 CLs he wouldve won the europa league and fa cup. And get to work with Moyes, who will tell him to track back more often and work harder.

I wouldn't mind him here if the deal could be worked out massively in our favor, especially given how Madrid are desperate and running out of options. Still has something to offer and suits the style we are trying to achieve.
No question Bale did the right thing, we're hopeless and just a con job for the Glazers to bleed us dry.

I don't think he has much left to offer tbh. If he had any desire, he would have left Real a few years ago.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Come on fella, stop assuming that I don't know how a loan works because I'm of the opinion that Madrid won't subsidise Bale's wages to get him out the club. 400k is a lot of money to pay someone playing for someone else unless there is a cash injection from United like 20m for a two year loan with an option to buy for said amount. Only then can I see Real paying some of his wage but even then I couldn't see 400k being paid by Real.
Agree, surely Real can release themselves from their contract for a lot less than 400K x however many months he has left.

Needham

Can't work Bale out. For Wales he wears his heart on his sleeve, is effusive in interviews, mucks in and inspires others to be better players. At Real he looks like a mannequin having a 5 year sulk.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Sanchez to another club and Bale to United costing the club near enough same outlay would be an ideal scenario. Bale would own the right wing if he can be fit and bothered.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Id rather see us keep Sanchez then get Bale. At least the former can stand on his feet for 10 minutes without breaking. Honestly I wouldn't want either of them. Its time for United to stop being used as some sort of retirement home for players.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's apparently told his team mates unless Real pay what he's owed, he'll just run down his contract and "play golf" while he's there.

I love it. :lol:

Silas

Sanchez to another club and Bale to United costing the club near enough same outlay would be an ideal scenario. Bale would own the right wing if he can be fit and bothered.
There's nothing ideal about Bale coming to United.

devilish

He's apparently told his team mates unless Real pay what he's owed, he'll just run down his contract and "play golf" while he's there.

I love it. :lol:
this is the mentality we don't need at United and why we shouldn't allow players of that sort anywhere near to OT.

Last edited:

el3mel

Where did I hear the same phrase? Let's see..

Yeah I remember

Phill Jones. :lol:

Same scenario here. It won't happen so we can't sign an injury prone player then pray to God he will become fit by a miracle here.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Imagine we have Bale and Sanchez next season, spending most of their time on bench or medical room, and costing us 1m wages per week.

Welcome to Old Trafford retirement home, the paradise for retirement.

Giggsyking

That's why I am saying get him on loan for probably half his wages, Madrid will pay half of them to get him out of the club for at least a season, the same as we will do if Sanchez goes to Inter/Juve.

Can everyone losing their minds over Bale realise that I have said TAKE HIM ON LOAN not buy him permanently, seems to be a part of the brain that people are struggling with this concept.

We would end up paying maybe £250k a week for Bale if he came on loan, we are giving Marcus "Can't hit a barn door with a fecking banjo" Rashford £300k a week for doing pretty much feck all, so Bale on £250k a week on loan would be pretty risk free, especially if Sanchez goes to Italy with Lukaku and it frees up money for elsewhere this summer.
Rash on 45K a week, don't make up lies. Injured all the season Bale is on 600K a week. You people learned nothing from Sanchez deal.

devilish

So we spend a year complaining about how Sanchez smashed our wage structure causing all sort of problems and how we are surrounded by players who lack hunger only for some of us to support this sort of deal. Bale had turned us down when he was in his prime. He is only considering us because he's finished at top level and no one wants him. Do you really want this guy in our dressing room?

Enigma_87

You know who
I would take him on a loan for 1 season as long as RM cover half his wages.
90% of the wages. 300k luxury player who is on the fence whether he should play golf or football shouldn't be an appealing proposition for us :(

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
So we spend a year complaining about how Sanchez smashed our wage structure causing all sort of problems and how we are surrounded by players who lack hunger only for some of us to support this sort of deal. Bale had turned us down when he was in his prime. He is only considering us because he's finished at top level and no one wants him. Do you really want this guy in our dressing room?
Perfectly put sir! It's crazy talk.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The video of him and the other Madrid players when he looks at them and says "I don't know what you're saying" is one of the most awkward things i've seen in terms of footballers. There seems to be barely any connection between him and the rest of the team and it says a lot about someones mentality to me that they wouldn't want to bridge any sense of animosity. Bale despite his brilliance has always struck me as someone who was very individualistic which is fine in some sides (It was alright at Tottenham) but it would not be okay at United. It just doesn't fit in with the ethos of the club and it's why you're in this mess in the first place. Too many fractured relationships and not enough team cohesion. I just don't think Bale would work and it would end up being Sanchez pt 2.

Melville Red

This lad James from Swansea is quicker than Bale, younger than Bale and is injury free.
He will be cheaper than Bale and at this stage of their respective careers a lot better than Bale.
I’ve also heard James can speak Welsh so he would sound continental if he breaks into that during training which should satisfy some people.
Come on let’s look to the future and a bright young lad looking to improve himself not some washed up Madrid reject.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Haha mate you actually get people on here who just hate anything anyone says, they think its football manager honest to god. Bale? Behave we don't want him I will only be happy if Messi signs or hey we have that young lad Lingard, he will come good, Bale would not improve our attack at all.

Even though he is well past it and by all accounts 44, with no pace, no touch, can't run, can't score a goal and is ready for his zimmer frame, he would STILL be our best attacking player by some distance.

"Waits for alerts from angry fans going mental that anyone dare have a different opinion to them"

People don't want Bale because he would be a continuation of United's short term transfer policy which has done you zero good over the last 5 years or so. Players like Di Maria, Falcao, Schweinsteiger coming in because they're big names and were quality in their heyday but now are either struggling with injuries, out of their prime or simply no longer as motivated. Bale is a potential combination of all three of those and would be another big ego coming to United who would be unlikely to want to knuckle down and buy in to the manager's philosophy.

None of your fans are asking for Messi, that's just a silly exaggeration to make a point. What your fans do seem to want is the club to focus on trying to find the next Bale, rather than signing the one who has spent his recent career popping up for the odd game and playing a lot of golf. I don't think anybody is happy with continuing to start Lingard either, just that the solution shouldn't be 'let's sign the welsh Alexis Sanchez' if you really want the situation at the club to change.

Bale might end up scoring quite a few goals, but it's equally likely he would upset the dressing room, spend most of his time on the treatment table and not help contribute to any potential pressing game you want to play. It would be far better to sign someone who may not have the quality now, but would be better in the long term and prepared to run himself in to the ground for the football club. Even if Bale was a successful signing he would be very much in the 'short term fix' category where you're shoving plasters on everything rather than actually fixing it.