Let’s sign Gareth Bale

Halal Jalal

Absolutely ridiculous to even compare Bale to Ronaldo. CR7 still trains as hard as ever plays for one of the best clubs in Europe, competing for CL. At 34.
The other guy is pretty much a retired football player who wouldn't mind sitting out his contract on the bench and now moves to China. At 30.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If it wasn't for Sanchez 18 months ago, Bale would definitely be pulling on a red shirt this coming season.

The only annoying part is I would rather have Bale right now, but glad to see the club learning from previous mistakes.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I dont see what it has to do with anything but no i dont.
You used Ronaldo as an example of a player showing "passion for the game" by his move to Juve. That's the relevance.

People (not necessarily you) seem disappointed in Bale for not taking a pay cut and moving to a non-elite club.

Juve are one of the top sides in the world and Ronaldo got a pay rise with the move. The two situations are very different.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Do you think Ronaldo would be taken a £400k a week pay cut to move to Juventus?
Ronaldo wasn't in that situation in the first place because he was more passionate about the sport in his 30s than a 15 YO Bale. And although he was leagues above him when they were teammates, the gap has even become bigger since. That's not a good look on Gareth, to him football has become an afterthought nowadays, he'll be in a great financial situation but his footballing legacy could've been much more.

duffer

Scout
Ronaldo wasn't in that situation in the first place because he was more passionate about the sport in his 30s than a 15 YO Bale. And although he was leagues above him when they were teammates, the gap has even become bigger since. That's not a good look on Gareth, to him football has become an afterthought nowadays, he'll be in a great financial situation but his footballing legacy could've been much more.
Not being as driven as Ronaldo is something you could legitimately say about pretty much every player ever so in my opinion is a ludicrous yardstick!

Do you think Ronaldo's "passion for the game" would have made him take a £400k a week pay cut to move to Juve? I personally doubt it very, very much because at the end of the day he is a professional.

#00F

Supports
Barca
People don't want their clubs to sign Bale, then they compain about Bale going to China. If United/PL clubs would have attempted to sign Bale but then he choose China, it would have made some sense. He can't play for a 'top tier European club' if none wants to sign him.

He would be stupid not to go to China. 10/15 years from now, many players like Bale will go to China without hesitation, they are becoming a big financial and cultural powerhouse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
And Real Madrid are supposedly the ones that have called the deal off. Maybe someone else has expressed an interest whom have an asset Madrid would be intersted in:wenger:

Mainoldo

We are not giving Bale those wages or anything remotely attractive to what he would want.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Do you think Ronaldo's "passion for the game" would have made him take a £400k a week pay cut to move to Juve? I personally doubt it very, very much because at the end of the day he is a professional.
That's where you're wrong though, Ronaldo didn't need to take any pay cuts because he was that good, You can bet that the likes of PSG etc. would've lined up for his signing as well. Meanwhile Bale has to take a pay cut because he's washed up, and that's on him.

duffer

Scout
That's where you're wrong though, Ronaldo didn't need to take any pay cuts because he was that good, You can bet that the likes of PSG etc. would've lined up for his signing as well. Meanwhile Bale has to take a pay cut because he's washed up, and that's on him.
What am I wrong about?

manunited1919

I would take Bale on a loan swap for Alexis Sanchez. Both players are deemed failures at their current clubs but have massive quality. An exchange would be good for both clubs and for the 2 prima-donnas.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
After losing Ceballos and Asencio, they've a depeleted squad with no one coming in. Bear in mind, they were going to lose Bale for free.
Zidane has to suck it up.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
If Bale does leave I've no doubts it'd be to England, tbh. If it weren't for the transfer ban I reckon Chelsea would have gone huge on him.

RedDevil@84

Hurry up Ed. Call the Chinese and tell them that if Bale is not coming, then we have a south American superstar whom they could buy

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Circus of a club :lol: Hope he stays there for the rest of his contract and both parts produce comical values for the football world.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's going to be leading Castilla out making £600k a week :lol::lol:.

Wondering if Coutinho will end up in similar situation.

LARulz

Marca says Bale's family asked him to reconsider - so he's called it off/stalling.
Other reports say the board.

My guess is Zidane has realised he is fecked and can't lose a potentially good player and needs a scapegoat if it all goes wrong. Rather than say he's changed his mind, tell the board to take the blame.

Mindhunter

Bale would be brilliant for us. Sanchez will have an audience when he plays the piano in the medical room. Other players will have another data point to negotiate for higher salaries. It's a win-win.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Other reports say the board.

My guess is Zidane has realised he is fecked and can't lose a potentially good player and needs a scapegoat if it all goes wrong. Rather than say he's changed his mind, tell the board to take the blame.
I doubt that very much..

Madrid have gotten rid of even better players. And when they hound out a player through Marca... Its usually a coordinated effort from the club. Doubt it is just a Zidane decision.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
What am I wrong about?
You're asking whether Ronaldo would've taken a pay cut... while ignoring the fact that he wasn't in that position in the first place because of his drive, and being in tip top condition in general, but Bale is in no position to ask that. Though we've seen similar players to choose another European club with a pay cut (Kaka, Redondo etc.) than somewhere like China where you'd expect to end your career, not when you've just hit 30.

duffer

Scout
You're asking whether Ronaldo would've taken a pay cut... while ignoring the fact that he wasn't in that position in the first place because of his drive, and being in tip top condition in general, but Bale is in no position to ask that. Though we've seen similar players to choose another European club with a pay cut (Kaka, Redondo etc.) than somewhere like China where you'd expect to end your career, not when you've just hit 30.
I asked a hypothetical question based on a certain set of circumstances. I'm not wrong.

Do you think Ronaldo would take a pay cut to play in Europe for a big club rather than goto a lesser league/club for the money?

Ranchero

Ok, I've had my doubts, but that performance against Liverpool was basically the ultimate United audition.

Issued a 'come get me' plea in his post match interview.

Give him what he wants and lets bring this fine lad home to the PL.

What say you lot?
Let's sign Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Van Dijk. WE ARE UNITED!! ;)

Melville Red

Cursed, I wish some bugger would curse me with something like £600,000 a week.

I like the way Bale is telling Zidane to poke his transfer, call it player loyalty.:D

I never took this China thing seriously if he struggles with the Spanish culture and way of life can you imagine him in China. He’ll be down the takeaway every night ordering a number 33 a 52 76 and a side order of chips with a Diet Coke.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If it wasn't for Sanchez 18 months ago, Bale would definitely be pulling on a red shirt this coming season.

The only annoying part is I would rather have Bale right now, but glad to see the club learning from previous mistakes.
We say that now, but we'd have probably "preferred" to have Sanchez in Rooney's latter days.
One injury early doors from Bale, or some people realising late, that his sprinter pace isn't there anymore, and we'd be in a similar position to Sanchez now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cursed, I wish some bugger would curse me with something like £600,000 a week.

I like the way Bale is telling Zidane to poke his transfer, call it player loyalty.:D

I never took this China thing seriously if he struggles with the Spanish culture and way of life can you imagine him in China. He’ll be down the takeaway every night ordering a number 33 a 52 76 and a side order of chips with a Diet Coke.
I love the image that he'll just be in some miniscule little place in the middle of rural China, having to do everything himself.

He probably wouldn't even know he was in China in day to day life, except for training and match days!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I never took this China thing seriously if he struggles with the Spanish culture and way of life can you imagine him in China.
By all accounts he and his family love it in Madrid. It's the language he doesn't speak, the culture and way of life and city he seems to love

Melville Red

I love the image that he'll just be in some miniscule little place in the middle of rural China, having to do everything himself.

He probably wouldn't even know he was in China in day to day life, except for training and match days!
Exactly, and it brings a smile to my face as well.
I just hope we don’t end up with him, you can just sense something though can’t you, Woody thinks he’s spotted an opening. Oh god it’s all going to go tits up.