Let's all laugh at Scousepool Ft. A bunch of complete miseries

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
I know all about the bitter rivalry you lot have with Liverpool but come on, have you no compassion?

I feel a bit sorry for any runners up, however otherwise you might dislike them.

For the love of God, can you not find a shred of decent human sympathy?
Poor ol' Dave. Looking for an ounce of compassion on a United forum. What an absolute weirdo. :lol:

Another excellent end to the season for the scousers. Every 5 years like clockwork they mount a serious challenge, and invariably then collapse the following season. You could almost write it into the boom bust cycle.

To give them some credit, most of the headlines are about how Liverpool lost the title rather than City won it. Must really irk the Berties that still nobody cares what they do.

jackwanson

Supports
Man City
Another excellent end to the season for the scousers. Every 5 years like clockwork they mount a serious challenge, and invariably then collapse the following season. You could almost write it into the boom bust cycle.

To give them some credit, most of the headlines are about how Liverpool lost the title rather than City won it. Must really irk the Berties that still nobody cares what they do.
That's because we blew it against Tottenham and Messi imploded with Barca. I can guarantee talk will be all about City if we had beaten Tottenham and Liverpool had lost to Barca. If CL Final was City vs Barca. Nobody will be talking about Liverpool coming in 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Saw this on Twitter this morning:

If you kill yourself, that's called suicide.
If you kill someone else, that's called homicide.
If you don't win the league for 29 years, that's called merseyside.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
United's point total was closer to Cardiff's than to City's.

If anyone should be doing the laughing... it's the scousers at us.
They can, and they should. As we are laughing at them. let's laugh together (at each other).

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Silver lining of crap season is that pack of skip licking slum dwellers in tears! And to all those claiming they are only going to get better? You seriously think they can get more than 97 points next season? City will be stronger again, possibly aresnal and spurs as well, and there is always the tiny possibility we could be on the way back up. This was their golden chance and they blew it :lol: :lol:

Zoo

They didn't win the league but they did win the Hearts & Minds Cup. Congratulations.

djembatheking

They never learn do they . My next door neighbour is a 70 year old scouse season ticket holder and he called here saturday morning to let me know he was off to stay with his brother to soak up the atmosphere in Liverpool and watch them win the title on Sunday . He is always coming out with Shankley quotes , well he will get one when I see him later , " first is first , second is nothing " . I can`t wait to see him .

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They can, and they should. As we are laughing at them. let's laugh together (at each other).
I agree. So let's laugh. It was good to see after 5 years Ole finally got Cardiff playing some good football. ;):angel:

Edit: that was nicked from elsewhere obviously.

Last edited:

Lentwood

I agree with the sentiment around 'we're crap, not really in a position to laugh at anyone', but then again on the other hand

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Because when you boil it all down, we didn't win the PL and neither did they!

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
They never learn do they . My next door neighbour is a 70 year old scouse season ticket holder and he called here saturday morning to let me know he was off to stay with his brother to soak up the atmosphere in Liverpool and watch them win the title on Sunday . He is always coming out with Shankley quotes , well he will get one when I see him later , " first is first , second is nothing " . I can`t wait to see him .
:D:D:D

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
I agree. So let's laugh. It was good to see after 5 years Ole finally got Cardiff playing some good football. ;):angel:

Edit: that was nicked from elsewhere obviously.
So was this.
Being a liverpool fan is like living in Josef Fritzel's cellar.
Every time you see a ray of light, you get fecked.

Ether

really enjoying the thought of this lad being so disappointed with not winning it

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
but the thing is they can always have faith in klopp to be challenging for the title again.

the have the manager and structure

direction is forwards --->> not - or <<---

Coming second and 2 cl finals in a row

he was only 1 point off city. it went to the wire as i predicted. if klopp can get by the summer without losing players

Last edited:

Chabon

Somebody pointed out on twitter that the last two times a club has been top at Christmas and failed to win the league are Liverpool this year and ten years ago. Which sounds awful from Liverpool, until you look at the post-Christmas form of their title rivals in each season:

08/09:

18/19

At which point you realise it's not awful, they just got done in by arguably the two greatest runs of form in PL history. Both this year's Liverpool side and the one from ten years are probably in the top ten teams the PL has seen, and neither won the title.

Which is, I'd argue, pretty fecking funny (As long as we don't give any thought to comparing that United side to the current one, of course).

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Somebody pointed out on twitter that the last two times a club has been top at Christmas and failed to win the league are Liverpool this year and ten years ago. Which sounds awful from Liverpool, until you look at the post-Christmas form of their title rivals in each season:

08/09:

18/19

At which point you realise it's not awful, they just got done in by arguably the two greatest runs of form in PL history. Both this year's Liverpool side and the one from ten years are probably in the top ten teams the PL has seen, and neither won the title.

Which is, I'd argue, pretty fecking funny (As long as we don't give any thought to comparing that United side to the current one, of course).
No, they've done it thrice actually. They do it every 5 years to be precise. 2008-09 , 2013-14 and then 2018-19

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I’d get the tribalism aspect if they lose the CL final but right now - they didn’t choke it came down to margins this title race and if they win the CL - that’s a hugely successful season for them and when you compare to ours - tribalism or not - we are in no position to be laughing at anyone. We should wait till June 1 at least.
Could be worse. We're shit and they won.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
God there's some miserable sods on here. You don't have to be 'good' yourself to laugh at your rival's misery.

I don't subscribe too much to the tribal aspects of football but still enjoy an Arsenal slip or meltdown, regardless of how shit Tottenham may happen to be. Lighten up a bit.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

08/09:

18/19

Their defensive record is fecking insane in that run-in. After they defeated us at the Etihad, they won 16 of their 17 remaining games and kept 12 clean sheets in those 16 losses. Crazy.