Let's all laugh at the F1 Thread

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Strap in gents and ladies, this is going to be a
long one.

I'll admit, I was a bit disappointed when the F1 thread started to get reasonable heads in it. Disillusioned by the sheer lack of handbags flying around on each page; from rabid fanbois irking fair minded posters (Unicorns) to the point of losing their shite, to all the race day shenanigans of calling F1 drivers cheats and murderers.

Thus, a hiatus was in order and boy has it delivered, the F1 thread is still the gift that keeps on giving.

Let's get straight into it! :D

While I'm sure he'll be getting the thread banned soon, let's enjoy the handbag of the year posts that go to the very special one of a kind...

Personally, I think it makes for better reading if we see his face as he says this...

Adding to his Top Tier contribution to the F1 thread are these beauts.

Gloating is fair, as long as honestly is too:

Is inheriting cafe accounts accepted? @Niall Kevin must have past on he's 2002 account to he's 12 year old says

While we get confirmation on that, we can revel on these amazing 2 gems...First I thought, naaaah, let's give him the benefit of the doubt, clearly he's a decent poster most of the time in here and just got caught up in the moment...

Turns out, it is the grand total of all he's contributions to the F1 thread. I Kevin kid you not! :lol:

To summarize, Max fans were all out to party that's for sure...

Seriously though, birds of a feather, really do flock together could not be truer...how quickly they found each other. Something tells me they all have a PM conversation that looks a bit like this:

If you zoom into the pc, you'll see this:

@Kanu just got he's invite this week, he must be over the moon.
I suspect 2-post-Sonny will be invited to that convo very soon if he keeps it up.

Enough about Max fans only though. In case they are feeling hard done by, there are some Hamilton fans to laugh at too. Albeit not as embarrassing.

Hard to pick though as much of it is humble pie kind of posts. Which mind you, are always delicious when you do find them. Bless Mickeza's heart for he's sportsmanship.

This statement kind of sums up what many Hamilton fans that have had to endure this season have had to do to not show the hurt...

Who would have thought Masi wasn't the worst it could get for Mercedes fans...now they have to imPerez (I'll grab my coat) themselves for Max every time he wins a race and the eventual WDC later this year.
At least they will be able to say they've walked in Checo's shoes.

Others, like our beloved @The Hilton (be back soon buddy:)) have understandably pull a Houdini with this thread. Some just cannot do a Perez.

22 May was the day the straw broke the camels back.

Which leaves us with Ferrari fans...well shite. The less said about them the better. But let's say something regardless...

@Zlaatan I see still around licking he's wounds after each race, but I really miss @WPMUFC with all those weekly pic updates :(
He's gone from this:

To this:

And that's all she wrote folks :D

PS: Got leave you with my Marimaldotin Brundle quote of the week!

Until next time!
You could of done your research on the Hamilton fans and unlocked the potential of this thread.

SirAnderson

You could of done your research on the Hamilton fans and unlocked the potential of this thread.
Yeah but then I'd have to go to last season when Hamilton was relevant. :nervous:
I've done that last year a bit, pre-thread. Hamilton fans are actually what inspired this thread.
Here's hoping they will have a revival. It's tough to get content in the current climate. But any gems folks see, have free rein to post them here. :)

Last edited:

klsv

long one.

I'll admit, I was a bit disappointed when the F1 thread started to get reasonable heads in it. Disillusioned by the sheer lack of handbags flying around on each page; from rabid fanbois irking fair minded posters (Unicorns) to the point of losing their shite, to all the race day shenanigans of calling F1 drivers cheats and murderers.

Thus, a hiatus was in order and boy has it delivered, the F1 thread is still the gift that keeps on giving.

While I'm sure he'll be getting the thread banned soon, let's enjoy the handbag of the year posts that go to the very special one of a kind...

Personally, I think it makes for better reading if we see his face as he says this...

Is inheriting cafe accounts accepted? @Niall Kevin must have past on he's 2002 account to he's 12 year old says

While we get confirmation on that, we can revel on these amazing 2 gems...First I thought, naaaah, let's give him the benefit of the doubt, clearly he's a decent poster most of the time in here and just got caught up in the moment...

Turns out, it is the grand total of all he's contributions to the F1 thread. I Kevin kid you not! :lol:

Seriously though, birds of a feather, really do flock together could not be truer...how quickly they found each other. Something tells me they all have a PM conversation that looks a bit like this:

I suspect 2-post-Sonny will be invited to that convo very soon if he keeps it up.

Enough about Max fans only though. In case they are feeling hard done by, there are some Hamilton fans to laugh at too. Albeit not as embarrassing.

Hard to pick though as much of it is humble pie kind of posts. Which mind you, are always delicious when you do find them. Bless Mickeza's heart for he's sportsmanship.

This statement kind of sums up what many Hamilton fans that have had to endure this season have had to do to not show the hurt...

Who would have thought Masi wasn't the worst it could get for Mercedes fans...now they have to imPerez (I'll grab my coat) themselves for Max every time he wins a race and the eventual WDC later this year.

Others, like our beloved @The Hilton (be back soon buddy:)) have understandably pull a Houdini with this thread. Some just cannot do a Perez.

Which leaves us with Ferrari fans...well shite. The less said about them the better. But let's say something regardless...

@Zlaatan I see still around licking he's wounds after each race, but I really miss @WPMUFC with all those weekly pic updates :(
He's gone from this:

To this:

Until next time!
I am not a Max fan, though :lol: If you read my post you quoted from the start, you'll see that me going on about "flashtappen" and "Hamilton fanboys" was an attempt at being sarcastic and trying to point out the hypocrosy of the anti-Merc gang. I take it that I wasn't succesful at it as @pauldyson1uk also called me out on my post in the other thread.

My point was that everyone talks about how they want a 3-way race but then also wish Mercedes to suffer.

I will gladly accept my post didn't turn out as I wanted it to, but I won't take accusations of being a fan of Max/RB :lol:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I am not a Max fan, though :lol: If you read my post you quoted from the start, you'll see that me going on about "flashtappen" and "Hamilton fanboys" was an attempt at being sarcastic and trying to point out the hypocrosy of the anti-Merc gang. I take it that I wasn't succesful at it as @pauldyson1uk also called me out on my post in the other thread.

My point was that everyone talks about how they want a 3-way race but then also wish Mercedes to suffer.

I will gladly accept my post didn't turn out as I wanted it to, but I won't take accusations of being a fan of Max/RB :lol:
Your best bet for staying unnoticed in the F1 thread is to be as neutral as possible with comments, sarcastic or not. @SirAnderson takes no prisoners!

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
long one.

He's gone from this:

To this:

Until next time!
I'm very confused about all of this.

The Hilton

long one.

He's gone from this:

To this:

Until next time!
:lol::lol::lol:

Top drawer commentary, and I'm honoured to not only get a mention, but even my own meme!

In my defence I've been abroad for around a month from the middle of May, so haven't been able to keep up with things. That, along with having put the more obvious trolls in the thread on ignore, has meant a lot less biting!

I still can't stand Verstappen or Horner though, don't worry about that! I'm just a little quieter about it, now that they have a procession to this years championship.

Evans999

Threads a joke. F1 becoming cool with young people has made me feel like I don't belong.