Let's hear it for Anthony Taylor...

kf

Watched the last 20 minutes on a stream and he and his team missed a clear pen (which would have resulted in Bramble being sent off) and gave Arshavin offside when he was onside and clean through on goal

I wonder how long Arsene will take to figure out he's from Wythenshawe :wenger:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
After lecturing us on complaining about refs in the midweek I am quite interested to see what pete, Jopub et. al have to say.

Christofaux

Didnt give a stonewall penalty and red card either. hth.

Made some terrible decisions to slow the game down.

I think referee's get a bonus for 0-0 draws.

kf

To be fair both of those calls were pretty close.
Think the penalty was pretty obvious tbh. Clever from Bramble to pretend to fall over as he pushed him though

kf

Didnt give a stonewall penalty and red card either. hth.

Made some terrible decisions to slow the game down.

I think referee's get a bonus for 0-0 draws.
Was there another one earlier in the game or are you on about the one I mention in the OP?

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
Watched the last 20 minutes on a stream and he and his team missed a clear pen (which would have resulted in Bramble being sent off) and gave Arshavin offside when he was onside and clean through on goal

I wonder how long Arsene will take to figure out he's from Wythenshawe :wenger:
Are you suggesting he cheated?

RK

Worked out well.

Ref costs us 1 point (draw was probably fair)

Ref costs Arsenal 2 points.

2 > 1 :)

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
In fairness i think most of the blame needs to go to his assistant who should have flagged up the pen and not flagged up for the Arshavin run.

The ref seemed to get most of the calls he was close to right.

Laphroaig

The penalty wasn't that clear, although I thought it should've been given, and the offside was pretty close and not really his decision. Still, two decisions where Arsenal arguably got unlucky. Atkinson must be fuming.

Christofaux

In fairness i think most of the blame needs to go to his assistant who should have flagged up the pen and not flagged up for the Arshavin run.

The ref seemed to get most of the calls he was close to right.
Especially that throw in.

We lost a throw in, we are meant to win those.

Laphroaig

Did he actually say that? Hehe! But hey, he didn't question their integrity, so it's probably fine.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The decisions were shocking to be fair, particularly the offside.

I await with interest the reactions from the media to see how they contrast with the reactions to our match v Chelsea.

Ferguson

Not the sort of penalty that usually gets given unless the player goes to ground.

The throw-in and the offside call on the other hand were clear mistakes. Arshavin would still have had to deal with a charging Mignolet who pulled up after the whistle blew for offside, but it was a brilliant opportunity.

Bad luck for Arsenal, but Sunderland made their own luck by playing courageously. You've got to buy a lottery ticket to have any chance at all, and Sunderland might have even taken the three points.

wr8_utd

:'(
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "We are very disappointed because we gave a lot today. We tried everything but Sunderland defended very well. I am too disgusted to talk about the offside and penalty decisions. You don't need me to tell you that it was offside but we have to take it on the chin, even though justice was not done."

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
That's twice this season Arsenal have dropped points to Sunderland due to officials. They conceded at the Stadium of Light after the ref there added on time to added on time.

Cal?

CR7 fan
That's twice this season Arsenal have dropped points to Sunderland due to officials. They conceded at the Stadium of Light after the ref there added on time to added on time.
You do realize that added time is supposed to be a minimum of time to be added, it's still upto the referee to decide when to end the game.

Laphroaig

What's the throw-in people are talking about? Not Clichy's foul throw? I thought that call was spot on.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
You do realize that added time is supposed to be a minimum of time to be added, it's still upto the referee to decide when to end the game.
Indeed I do, but I was at the Stadium of Light that day, and it was amusing to see the ref go to blow his whistle twice, only to stop and let the game continue. The rest, as they say, is history.

Laphroaig

There's a difference between saying you are disgusted at decisions made, as opposed to disgusted at officials themselves.
You are what you do! Anyway, in Frosty's quotes Wenger is disgusted with the officials, not the decisions.

Edit: Saw some other quotes now. Anyway, both SAF's and Wenger's comments were spot on, not just bitter, paranoid bile. You shouldn't be punished for speaking the truth.

wr8_utd

:'(
They dropped points at the SoL because Rosicky can't take a penalty kick.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Was it his first ever Premier League game? Never seen him before.