Let's hear it for Anthony Taylor...

kf

There's a difference between saying you are disgusted at decisions made, as opposed to disgusted at officials themselves.
Wenger: "I'm mystified. How could the FA appoint that Manc bastard?" :wenger:

Allegedly.

Christofaux

You are what you do! Anyway, in Frosty's quotes Wenger is disgusted with the officials, not the decisions.
Frosty's quote is like Goal.com's quote.

In real life Wenger: He had a nice tea party and all invited enjoyed themselves.

Frosty WEnger: feck all you cnuts.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Now that was funny. Never looked like scoring.

Incidentally, I was also at St James's Park for the 4-4. I should go to more Arsenal games.
I was at the Wigan come back against them, that was sensational stuff

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Frosty's quote is like Goal.com's quote.

In real life Wenger: He had a nice tea party and all invited enjoyed themselves.

Frosty WEnger: feck all you cnuts.
I think it does clearly call into question the official's integrity. After all, he intimated that he does his job badly, and that's a huge issue of integrity :)

kf

Was it his first ever Premier League game? Never seen him before.
No, he's done a few games in the Prem. He did Spurs v Newcastle at WHL just after Christmas. He's had mixed reviews!

Christofaux

I think it does clearly call into question the official's integrity. After all, he intimated that he does his job badly, and that's a huge issue of integrity :)
I reckon he will get a warning, but its no where near the level of Fergie Ferg.

wr8_utd

:'(
Was it his first ever Premier League game? Never seen him before.
If son then Taylor debut>>>>Rooney's debut for United ;)

Though tbh these "bad decisions" have been coming for Arsenal. Not only have they got shit loads of decisions this year, they've recently made it a point to abuse refs as well (Cesc) so hopefully they continue to not get decisions.

Christofaux

Let's face it, it's all arbitrary decision-making isn't it?
I once got taken down in the box, and a free kick was blown, in a sunday game and the referee decided to give it a free kick outside the box stating "it didn't deserve a penalty"

I almost spelt once, wonce just then, time for bed.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I once got taken down in the box, and a free kick was blown, in a sunday game and the referee decided to give it a free kick outside the box stating "it didn't deserve a penalty"

I almost spelt once, wonce just then, time for bed.
Yeah, well a ref once gave a penalty against our team for the keeper handling the ball outside the box. I got sent off for telling him he was a prat.

alastair

ignorant
I find it very strange when I hear people using the whole penalty argument as justification for the number of ridiculous decisions that have gone against us this season. 15 penalties, of which all but about 3 maximum have been the correct decisions.

Let's look at this fairly for once, and you'll notice that Arsenal have lost 4 points against Sunderland alone this season as a direct result of poor refereeing. I know it doesn't fit into the agenda, but how anyone can claim Arsenal have been the beneficiaries of fortunate decisions this season is beyond me.

It's not like United haven't been 'robbed' on occasion either - Wednesday was a case in point of a poor performance going against you lot. But it is, in my view, ludicrous to suggest Arsenal had this coming.

AlwaysRedwood

I find it very strange when I hear people using the whole penalty argument as justification for the number of ridiculous decisions that have gone against us this season. 15 penalties, of which all but about 3 maximum have been the correct decisions.

Let's look at this fairly for once, and you'll notice that Arsenal have lost 4 points against Sunderland alone this season as a direct result of poor refereeing. I know it doesn't fit into the agenda, but how anyone can claim Arsenal have been the beneficiaries of fortunate decisions this season is beyond me.

It's not like United haven't been 'robbed' on occasion either - Wednesday was a case in point of a poor performance going against you lot. But it is, in my view, ludicrous to suggest Arsenal had this coming.
But, they did. All evens out in the end.

Have a nice day.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Huddersfield fans won't be disappointed. Arsenal have had some extremely soft penalties this season, about time they didn't get one that was.

Bearded but no genius

It isn't a fine distinction.

Being digested BY the official could mean you think he's an ugly bastard or he has a b.o. Problem

Being "disgusted" (quite a strong word) by a ref's DECISIONS actually does highlight the ref as arbiter of the game, and therefore will always bring the game into question alleged-disrepute.

In the former case it depends on the nature of the personal comments/disgust.

alastair

ignorant
And you've had pens you shouldn't have had, that's kind of the point behind the entire 'it all evens out' argument.
No, it doesn't. This isn't just an Arsenal thing. If Team X gets a dodgy penalty in September when they're 5-0 up, and then has a dodgy penalty given against them in May when it's 0-0, that is not even, despite it being 1-1 in terms of dodgy decisions.

Bearded but no genius

Let's look at this fairly for once,
and you'll notice that Arsenal have lost 4 points against Sunderland alone this season as a direct result of poor refereeing. I know it doesn't fit into the agenda, but how anyone can claim Arsenal have been the beneficiaries of fortunate decisions this season is beyond me.

To look at this fairly, we'd probably be best to ask you to stand in the corner wearing a pointy hat while everyone else had the conversation.

Arguably, perhaps, Arsenal lost two points today.

You are the one who, after the famous Newcastle collapse, went blaming Phil Dowd, so your track record on logical thinking is somewhat flawed.

alastair

ignorant
To look at this fairly, we'd probably be best to ask you to stand in the corner wearing a pointy hat while everyone else had the conversation.

Arguably, perhaps, Arsenal lost two points today.

You are the one who, after the famous Newcastle collapse, went blaming Phil Dowd, so your track record on logical thinking is somewhat flawed.
That is surely personal abuse worthy of an infraction? Feel free to give yourself one.

I said that Dowd was more to blame for the draw than Arsenal's performance was, and I stand by that. It's massively logical to suggest that the ref's been a bit hard on you when he gives 2 wrong penalties and a free kick which led to the fourth when the Arsenal player was fouled. We would have won 4-2 if it was down to fair goals(allowing for their offside one which should have stood).

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
That is surely personal abuse worthy of an infraction? Feel free to give yourself one.

I said that Dowd was more to blame for the draw than Arsenal's performance was, and I stand by that. It's massively logical to suggest that the ref's been a bit hard on you when he gives 2 wrong penalties and a free kick which led to the fourth when the Arsenal player was fouled. We would have won 4-2 if it was down to fair goals(allowing for their offside one which should have stood).
You still keep ignoring the perfectly good Newcastle goal which was disallowed! Be consistent alastair.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah I only skim-read it. Sorry.

You can't blame a collapse like that on a referee though. You got a couple of bad decisions, so did Newcastle. Problem is at 4-1 Newcastle believed they could pull it back, and Arsenal did too. A team like United or Chelsea would have still had the belief in themselves to see the game out

alastair

ignorant
Yeah I only skim-read it. Sorry.

You can't blame a collapse like that on a referee though. You got a couple of bad decisions, so did Newcastle. Problem is at 4-1 Newcastle believed they could pull it back, and Arsenal did too. A team like United or Chelsea would have still had the belief in themselves to see the game out
That's fair enough. I just think everything conspired against us that day - Diaby's stupidity started it, Dowd's bizarre officiating exaggerated it, and Tiote's wonder goal just compounded it.

AlwaysRedwood

That's fair enough. I just think everything conspired against us that day - Diaby's stupidity started it, Dowd's bizarre officiating exaggerated it, and Tiote's wonder goal just compounded it.
More to do with Arsenal not having a very good defense.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
And you can't entirely blame it on not having experienced players in the team either. You had a lot of those in 2003 when you did the biggest bottle job of the lot. The 3-2 game with Leeds at Highbury was epic. For me it has to stem from the manager.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The FA are going to reach a crossroad soon I think.

Some of the officiating this season has required genuine explanation, and yet unlike with every other sport on the planet, officials are never required to give one. Not only that but anytime anyone tries to bring this into question, the FA fine them money.

Teams aren't going to put up with such a joke system for long if the officiating isn't up to scratch, which it hasn't been this season.

That said, if there's two people who's teams don't have much to complain about, it's Ferguson and Wenger.

It's getting to that time of year for Wenger though. The annual conspircacy theory alluding and gradual descent into insanity will start up soon.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist

How exactly were you robbed in the match against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light? A minimum of 4 minutes were announced (i.e. anything between 4.00 and 4.59 minutes), and the goal was scored on 94:14. Also, if I recall correctly, the free kick Sunderland scored from after it was half-cleared was awarded comfortably within the minumum four minutes. But hey, keep saying it and someone might believe it.

alastair

ignorant
How exactly were you robbed in the match against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light? A minimum of 4 minutes were announced (i.e. anything between 4.00 and 4.59 minutes), and the goal was scored on 94:14. Also, if I recall correctly, the free kick Sunderland scored from after it was half-cleared was awarded comfortably within the minumum four minutes. But hey, keep saying it and someone might believe it.
Sunderland didn't score directly from a free kick. The ball was cleared, he should have blown the whistle.

I know a minimum time is announced, but the problem is that it isn't applied properly. Because I'm an extremely sad individual, I watched your game against Liverpool the very next day. You were 3-2 up, and deserved your win, fine. But Liverpool were pressing forward at the end, and Webb blew his whistle at 94.00 precisely. There were stoppages of at least fifty seconds in length during injury time.

Fair enough, he blows it on time. It's the old consistency issue though - why didn't Dowd, and why did Webb?