Liga Portuguesa 2022/2023

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Well that’s the league title done and dusted boys. Congrats.

Porto Sporting and Braga Will be fighting it out for the CL places now.

SportingCP96

Supports
Im not sure Benfica has ever had a easier league title win.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
I’ve been wrong before, but feck me is Enzo looking a mega prospect, just a complete midfielder.

Charlie Foley

He’s a monster.

Benfica Will sell him for a lot of money for sure!
Someone on here said a few days ago there’s no good talent to be found in the Portuguese league anymore. I couldn’t believe it. Some great players there recently and currently

SportingCP96

Supports
Someone on here said a few days ago there’s no good talent to be found in the Portuguese league anymore. I couldn’t believe it. Some great players there recently and currently
Ya that’s crazy, for sure a lot of talent is in the league.

Enzo and Antonio Silva are the standout ones for Benfica right now.

I think maybe Porto are the only team lacking consistent talent but even then Diogo Costa is a great prospect and I like Evanilson as well.

SportingCP96

Supports
They look miles ahead of the other two
Looks like the “title race” between Sporting Porto and Brags for the CL spots are going to be the only competition in the league this season.

Sporting have now lost both times that Porto have dropped points away from home. Sporting are extremely inconsistent and it seems Amorim does not have a clue as to how to fix it at the moment.

Would be catastrophic if Sporting don’t make the CL next season.

Porto is still the favorite for second place but hopefully Braga start dropping points more consistently at least.

Charlie Foley

Looks like the “title race” between Sporting Porto and Brags for the CL spots are going to be the only competition in the league this season.

Sporting have now lost both times that Porto have dropped points away from home. Sporting are extremely inconsistent and it seems Amorim does not have a clue as to how to fix it at the moment.

Would be catastrophic if Sporting don’t make the CL next season.

Porto is still the favorite for second place but hopefully Braga start dropping points more consistently at least.
Well there’s a start.

Great start to the season for Casa Pia. Would be something if they could get into Europe :lol: I think they would have to play their games elsewhere if that were the case

Charlie Foley

This yellow Benfica jersey really isn’t nice. When you consider their other kits are some of the best out there imo

Charlie Foley

So despite their nervous performance last weekend turned into a very good one for Benfica with the other big 2 dropping points. Braga still hanging around.

tomorrow is a huge game for both Lisbon clubs’ targets this season. A Benfica win puts them in a really strong position for the title and Sporting are struggling to make CL then. The other way around, Sporting are right back in the fight for the top 3 and we have a shot at a real title race.

I’m guessing 2-1 Benfica though

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
So despite their nervous performance last weekend turned into a very good one for Benfica with the other big 2 dropping points. Braga still hanging around.

tomorrow is a huge game for both Lisbon clubs’ targets this season. A Benfica win puts them in a really strong position for the title and Sporting are struggling to make CL then. The other way around, Sporting are right back in the fight for the top 3 and we have a shot at a real title race.

I’m guessing 2-1 Benfica though
Think Benfica will win easily, this is the worst Sporting since Amorim took over, the team lost a lot of individual quality selling Palhinha, Matheus Nunes and Sarabia being recalled to PSG.

Basically the replacements flopped 100%, the team lost last week at Funchal with Maritimo that is having one of the worse seasons I can remember.

To make things worse Amorim has terrible ideas regarding playing with strikers, we only have one in the squad and as far as I can remember he is one of the most hated players in Sporting history.

I actually am expecting a terrible thing to happen there tomorrow if Benfica plays at their best level, possibly Benfica will win, Porto gets the second place while Braga will finish third, don't know if Sporting can do anything good in the Europa League, the club simply doesn't have competent people who understand professional football running it, for decades now...

Charlie Foley

Think Benfica will win easily, this is the worst Sporting since Amorim took over, the team lost a lot of individual quality selling Palhinha, Matheus Nunes and Sarabia being recalled to PSG.

Basically the replacements flopped 100%, the team lost last week at Funchal with Maritimo that is having one of the worse seasons I can remember.

To make things worse Amorim has terrible ideas regarding playing with strikers, we only have one in the squad and as far as I can remember he is one of the most hated players in Sporting history.

I actually am expecting a terrible thing to happen there tomorrow if Benfica plays at their best level, possibly Benfica will win, Porto gets the second place while Braga will finish third, don't know if Sporting can do anything good in the Europa League, the club simply doesn't have competent people who understand professional football running it, for decades now...
I would have said before the World Cup this would have been a bit of a trashing but Benfica have stuttered since coming back from the break. Still think they’ll win as they have more quality but they’re not playing like they were earlier in the season, maybe tomorrow will be the game to wake them up

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

One bolded phrase that says it all.

I think tomorrow we will probably have the same fate Juventus had when they went there for the CL.

We lack the quality and mentality. Amorim's management has been sub-par for a while now as well so he also gets his fair share of blame.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
One bolded phrase that says it all.

I think tomorrow we will probably have the same fate Juventus had when they went there for the CL.

We lack the quality and mentality. Amorim's management has been sub-par for a while now as well so he also gets his fair share of blame.
He surely is but he is getting 100% of the stick for incompetent decisions by people above him.

I am not one of those who thinks if he leaves the club will end but we need a Professional guy running our football, not someone like Viana, someone who understands how the market works, and of course we need to change totally our ambition levels, but losing Champions League revenues will be another setback...

So Amorim leaving and nothing changing at the top the problems will remain with us.

Charlie Foley

Benfica wobbly again today especially at the back. They’ll do well to not concede again in this second half.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
2-2 a fair result I guess but we should have done more considering we are 12 points behind.

Benfica should have negotiated Enzo with Chelsea. His evaluation will substantially decrease to his fair value, about 50 mil.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Casa Pia a new name to me, in the euro places currently so assume they have some exciting young players and will be picked off in the summer?

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Casa Pia a new name to me, in the euro places currently so assume they have some exciting young players and will be picked off in the summer?
Mostly veteran players. Lelo may count though.

Anyone can describe Aroucas #11 Antony's season so far? How does he do optically, resp. do your optics match his meh stats?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
They are clearly overperforming. His manager has a very flexible approach, not possession based, but they are actually very effective on defensive pressing. They play simple football: cut the passing lanes and attack with intensity.

But they are showing that with a well organized team you don't need star players: most of their players would probably be on the bench in any other team. This is a team made of rejects and veterans, most of those players were barely getting game time in their previous clubs.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Mostly veteran players. Lelo may count though.

Anyone can describe Aroucas #11 Antony's season so far? How does he do optically, resp. do your optics match his meh stats?
Antony is actually a very good dribbler and has a nice speed, but he seems to be someone who can make a good career but I doubt he will reach "big club player" level.

Unfortunatelly for them, they hired players who actually have some potential this season, but most of those players did not improved their squad. Still doing a solid season though and Evangelista is actually doing a solid job there: is not natural in our league for a manager to be so many seasons at the same club, specially at smaller clubs.

They did not play as bad as the result shows against Benfica, but individual talent and Benfica defensive organization made the difference.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Esgaio subbed on at 55 and subbed off at 70, didn't look injured.

Commentator on my stream not happy with Amorim :D

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Antony is actually a very good dribbler and has a nice speed, but he seems to be someone who can make a good career but I doubt he will reach "big club player" level.

Unfortunatelly for them, they hired players who actually have some potential this season, but most of those players did not improved their squad. Still doing a solid season though and Evangelista is actually doing a solid job there: is not natural in our league for a manager to be so many seasons at the same club, specially at smaller clubs.

They did not play as bad as the result shows against Benfica, but individual talent and Benfica defensive organization made the difference.
Hey, obrigad! I'm quite impressed with the lad. Is there something you are missing, or what's the matter you doubt the guy? Because I see promising technique, work rate, and stamina. I think he'll be an interesting player for many clubs outside Portugal

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Hey, obrigad! I'm quite impressed with the lad. Is there something you are missing, or what's the matter you doubt the guy? Because I see promising technique, work rate, and stamina. I think he'll be an interesting player for many clubs outside Portugal
I dont doubt his ability to have a good career, just don't see good enough end product to see him go to Porto, Benfica or Sporting. A move to Braga or Guimarães would be good for him to show himself some more, beucase those are clubs that prepare the players very well in terms of having a winning culture mentality.

Our league despite being a second tier league, is actually a good place for players to learn the fundamentals of tactical training and get inside on how integrated training frameworks work. Both of these are essential for any player to succeed at a top league.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
I dont doubt his ability to have a good career, just don't see good enough end product to see him go to Porto, Benfica or Sporting. A move to Braga or Guimarães would be good for him to show himself some more, beucase those are clubs that prepare the players very well in terms of having a winning culture mentality.

Our league despite being a second tier league, is actually a good place for players to learn the fundamentals of tactical training and get inside on how integrated training frameworks work. Both of these are essential for any player to succeed at a top league.
Thanks again André. I agree, NOS/Portugal has been a superb place for years, and it shows in the amount of Portuguese top tier players. With Antony, we'll see.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
So... Aston Villa acquired 46% of Vitória Sport Club, most known as Vitória de Guimarães. Let's see if the fans will let this happen.

Charlie Foley

Porto starting well. Great pressing.

wonderful tackle by Silva on Taremi. Lovely looking weather and great atmosphere there

Charlie Foley

The Porto press has been extremely effective but they’re giving away some wild fouls now.

a Benfica fan keeps booking the referee :lol: :lol: :lol: