Liga Portuguesa 21/22

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
The new season kicks off today with Newly promoted FC Vizela taking on the defending champions Sporting (god that sounds good;)).

The season curtain opener kicked off last weekend in the super cup where Sporting beat Braga 2-1.

Key Notes:

SPORTING: The defending champions have done a great job of keeping the whole title winning team together. The only loss was Joao Mario who Sporting refused to pay and he ended up signing for Benfica. More on those losers later. Big rumors that Matheus Nunes is close to a move to the EPL but I truly hope it’s not true. Obviously Nuno Mendes and Pote along with Palhinha are the other names we are hoping to hold onto before the end of the window. Fingers crossed. So far only 1 huge mistake has been done and that is the decision to not purchase another striker which is a position we have no depth in and desperately need.

OUT: Joao Mario, Eduardo Quaresma (loan to Tondela
IN: Goncalo Esteves (promising 17 yr old right back “stolen” from Porto), Ricardo Esgaio, Rúben Vinagre. Other young youth prospects 17–18 years old players like Jose Marisa from La Masia and Vando Felix were signed. (Big focus on youth) other youth players from our academy were also promoted in pre season and I expect them to get minutes.

Benfica: They have once again went out and made some big moves and there is lots of pressure on them to succeed. Oh also there president was arrested for money laundering. What!? No way. Who would have thought??? Anyway let’s move on …

IN: Joao Mario (scumbag), Yarmechuk, Meite.
They also promoted young forward Gonçalos Ramos to the first team.

Out: Nobody of note but rumors Darwin and or Seferovic could be on the way out.

Porto: No big moves by Porto at all as they are broke. They have actually gone with playing more youth in Vitinha, Joao Mario, Bruno costa, Fabio Vieira, and Francisco Conceição.

IN: Pepé (Brazilian winger), Bruno Costa (former youth player), Grujic (ex Liverpool)

Should be an exciting season with potentially all 3 clubs being in the CL. Will Sporting repeat? Probably not but we will see.

Let the games begin!

Highlights from the Super Cup from last week.

SportingCP96

Supports
Great start to the season! Convincing 3-0 win.

Pedro Gonçalves has such a fantastic ability to put the ball in the net!

Matheus Nunes is a brilliant player as well.

Vinagre also was another one who had a solid performance.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
Sporting and Porto have already dropped points in the past 2 weeks and they are now both on 10 points. Benfica will win tomorrow putting them on 12 points with Sporting set to host Porto after the international break.

Still early days but if Sporting drop points to Porto then I expect the title challenge to be a dream. Sadly in our league you can not slip up as much as other leagues. Benfica to me seem nailed on to win the title this season. Sporting playing CL will also be an obstacle for this young team and I expect more slip ups like the Famalciao game.

Could I be overreacting? Maybe however I know this league far to well so I doubt it.

PS: I am super salty

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Sporting and Porto have already dropped points in the past 2 weeks and they are now both on 10 points. Benfica will win tomorrow putting them on 12 points with Sporting set to host Porto after the international break.

Still early days but if Sporting drop points to Porto then I expect the title challenge to be a dream. Sadly in our league you can not slip up as much as other leagues. Benfica to me seem nailed on to win the title this season. Sporting playing CL will also be an obstacle for this young team and I expect more slip ups like the Famalciao game.

Could I be overreacting? Maybe however I know this league far to well so I doubt it.

PS: I am super salty
Yeah I thought Yaremchuk was a pretty canny signing for Benfica. Certainly I won't pretend to have been an expert on his time in Belgium but for Ukraine he's been quite decent for a while now.

I'm just quite happy for Estoril selfishly - took the plunge and became a socio! Cracking start and positioned well to stay up this year already you'd have to say.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
So far:
  • Beto is confirming his value. New season, but very good performances so far. Not sure if he'll be in Portimonense when the transfer window closes.
  • André Franco: good season start and for me the best Estoril player so far. A very clever midfielder.
  • Fran Navarro: promising signs from this Spanish forward that was formed um Valência academy. Looks clever and very versatile.
  • Nathan: showed glimpses last season, I dont think he Will stay long in Boavista.

SportingCP96

Supports
So far:
  • Beto is confirming his value. New season, but very good performances so far. Not sure if he'll be in Portimonense when the transfer window closes.
  • André Franco: good season start and for me the best Estoril player so far. A very clever midfielder.
  • Fran Navarro: promising signs from this Spanish forward that was formed um Valência academy. Looks clever and very versatile.
  • Nathan: showed glimpses last season, I dont think he Will stay long in Boavista.
Sporting need a striker. They should look at Beto as a cheap alternative.

Paulinho is just awful.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Sporting need a striker. They should look at Beto as a cheap alternative.

Paulinho is just awful.
Paulinho is a poacher and hold-up play striker. He would actually bem more useful to Porto's playing style that uses a more hardworking forward (Taremi) and a more physical presence like Toni Martinez, than Sporting fluid front two + Pote

SportingCP96

Supports
Paulinho is a poacher and hold-up play striker. He would actually bem more useful to Porto's playing style that uses a more hardworking forward (Taremi) and a more physical presence like Toni Martinez, than Sporting fluid front two + Pote
I think he’s anything but a poacher. His finishing is awful, it takes him 5 shots to score 1 goal.

His hold up play and ability to do 1-2s and create chances for his teammates is one of the main reasons Amorim likes him but the problem is for 16M you expect someone who is a striker to not miss open chances like he did yesterday or even the game before at home.

His fee was absurd.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I think he’s anything but a poacher. His finishing is awful, it takes him 5 shots to score 1 goal.

His hold up play and ability to do 1-2s and create chances for his teammates is one of the main reasons Amorim likes him but the problem is for 16M you expect someone who is a striker to not miss open chances like he did yesterday or even the game before at home.

His fee was absurd.
Any fee above 10M or 15 depending the age is absurd for our league revenues and hence the reason why Porto and Benfica are in debt and under the influence of shady agents.
Our clubs should only focus on capturing proved valuable players from our league and get rough diamonds from other peripherical or south American leagues só they can value and get sold.
We are very dependent on transfers money to remain competitive in UEFA competitions. As we are spending fortunes on transfers without return our clubs are fading in having solid squads as in 2000s

Charlie Foley

Weigl gets his pocket picked on the edge of the Benfica box and Sauer sticks an unstoppable shot in the top corner for 1-1. Benfica come straight back down the pitch, Otamendi heads a free back across the goal and Weigl with a second header makes it 2-1.

SportingCP96

Supports
Congrats to Porto who just (un)officially became champions tonight.

Sporting have lost 2 of their last 3 games and have themselves to blame. The ignorance of not buying a striker has cost us the title this season.

Porto have won the title.

SportingCP96

Supports
Any posters remember at what round of fixtures were Benfica up 7 points when they lost the title to Porto a couple of season ago?

SportingCP96

Supports
If Slimani scores today I might Randy Marsch all over my computer :lol::nervous:

SportingCP96

Supports
Jesus Christ is Porto ever going to fecking lose….. FFS lose you fecking twats:mad::mad::mad::mad:

SportingCP96

Supports
Looks like we gotta roll our sleeves up and knock the door down at the dragão next weekend like we did at the Luz.

SportingCP96

Supports
To be fair Porto were never likely to lose to Arouca...
I know but Jesus Christ they have won like 15 straight.

As far as I’m concerned one hand is on the trophy. If they beat Sporting Friday nail in the coffin.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I know but Jesus Christ they have won like 15 straight.

As far as I’m concerned one hand is on the trophy. If they beat Sporting Friday nail in the coffin.
Only consideration is if they struggle without Diaz - Arouca are hardly the opposition to gauge whether that'll be a factor.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
I stayed up to watch Sporting and they didn't even bring on Magic Marcus.

SportingCP96

Supports
I stayed up to watch Sporting and they didn't even bring on Magic Marcus.
I was just as disappointed! Think he will have a part to play in the big game next week. Skillful player who can take on a man 1 v 1 and we need that.

I'm excited by his transfer he was really good in Vitoria.

Charlie Foley

So Sporting can’t hang on for a win that really would have opened the title race up. 5 players sent off in total, 4 players sent off in the 100th minute :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Porto as a club need to die. The stadium needs to burn to shit. Disgusting club. They are literal garbage.

They got played Porto off the pitch in both games. The club and Pinto da Costa is hot garbage.

SportingCP96

Supports
Coates gets a yellow when Taremi should of got a red.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
But how do you really feel about Porto though?

SportingCP96

Supports
But how do you really feel about Porto though?
The question is how do I feel about Portuguese football. Corrupt trash. Their is a reason only 2 other clubs have won the title besides the big 3. Their is a reason why Sporting have only won 4 league titles in 40 years (besides being run to the ground). The saddest part is both those cnuts have been found cheating multiple times but Portuguese FA does not have the balls to do what Italy did to Juve to Scotland to Rangers. It’s so fecking blatant it makes me sick.

Coates today gets sent off after his first yellow should of been a red to Taremi!Who stomped his leg. Feddal was rocked in the face in taremi goal. Every foul we did was a yellow and that’s just this game. In Portugal they only want two clubs. That’s it.

Look at the Netherlands, MULTIPLE clubs have won the title. Same with Belgium,France etc. I am just naming smaller leagues as an example.

So once again, Porto and Benfica dying and the stadiums being rummaged to shit would be the best thing ever to happen. Build the largest mall with just bathrooms inside on top of the grave of those two clubs so everyone can just take a SHIT on both those cnuts!

SportingCP96

Supports
I am way too invested in Sporting and need an intervention. I hate how much it affects me. Goodnight. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The question is how do I feel about Portuguese football. Corrupt trash. Their is a reason only 2 other clubs have won the title besides the big 3. Their is a reason why Sporting have only won 4 league titles in 40 years (besides being run to the ground). The saddest part is both those cnuts have been found cheating multiple times but Portuguese FA does not have the balls to do what Italy did to Juve to Scotland to Rangers. It’s so fecking blatant it makes me sick.

Coates today gets sent off after his first yellow should of been a red to Taremi!Who stomped his leg. Feddal was rocked in the face in taremi goal. Every foul we did was a yellow and that’s just this game. In Portugal they only want two clubs. That’s it.

Look at the Netherlands, MULTIPLE clubs have won the title. Same with Belgium,France etc. I am just naming smaller leagues as an example.

So once again, Porto and Benfica dying and the stadiums being rummaged to shit would be the best thing ever to happen. Build the largest mall with just bathrooms inside on top of the grave of those two clubs so everyone can just take a SHIT on both those cnuts!
:lol: :lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Pretty sure I watched you beat Benfica fair and square in the Taça da Liga recently...

Helder-Carvalho

Porto as a club need to die. The stadium needs to burn to shit. Disgusting club. They are literal garbage.

They got played Porto off the pitch in both games. The club and Pinto da Costa is hot garbage.
Grow up, your club isnt innocent in all this mess, the referee erred on both sides, your president is only there because sporting supporters invaded their training center and beat the crap out of the team, and if there's a stadium that need to come down is your ugly ass wc look a like stadium, freaking club of calimeros and aristocrats whose only international glory is a cup winners cup.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I thought the same reading his post. It makes me wish I understood Portuguese.
Believe me, sometimes they put any english forum meltdown to shame. If we spoke english, there would be threads on the caf.

SportingCP96

Supports
Grow up, your club isnt innocent in all this mess, the referee erred on both sides, your president is only there because sporting supporters invaded their training center and beat the crap out of the team, and if there's a stadium that need to come down is your ugly ass wc look a like stadium, freaking club of calimeros and aristocrats whose only international glory is a cup winners cup.
Their have been countless players come out and mention SL Merdas corrupt activity. Ruben Amorim has mentioned it….BEFORE he even started coaching….JJ has mentioned it and various players. Email scandals etc.

Not even going to mention Apito dourado ;) the dragão is called estádio do Ladrao for a reason. Same as Futebol CORRUPTO do Porto. Everyone knows the cancer that is PDC . One of the dirtiest men in football.

Yesterday was an absolute shit show. A non existent red and a goal in a foul. Cheers GG to Portugal.

SportingCP96

Supports
Pretty sure I watched you beat Benfica fair and square in the Taça da Liga recently...
League titles. Not cups. Yes I was actually surprised as the fair refereeing in that one. Probably because Benfica is already dead in the water.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Their have been countless players come out and mention SL Merdas corrupt activity. Ruben Amorim has mentioned it….BEFORE he even started coaching….JJ has mentioned it and various players. Email scandals etc.

Not even going to mention Apito dourado ;) the dragão is called estádio do Ladrao for a reason. Same as Futebol CORRUPTO do Porto. Everyone knows the cancer that is PDC . One of the dirtiest men in football.

Yesterday was an absolute shit show. A non existent red and a goal in a foul. Cheers GG to Portugal.
To be honest I don't think Taremi's goal was a foul and Sporting got lucky because Inácio kicked Evanildo in the box and the ref didn't see it.

As for the rest, Benfica and Porto being corrupt is just a matter of fact at this point. However, looking at some of the people who were at Sporting over the years, I think if they had the power to be corrupt, they wouldn't hesitate in being corrupt too. Same for most clubs, to be honest, it's just a shitty part of our football culture. Benfica and Porto just outcorrupt everyone else.