Ligue 1 | French Football 2021/22

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
One day I will tune into a Ligue 1 game and not see things being thrown from the crowd. Lyon v. Marseille. Payet hit by a full bottle of water. Morons.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Fecking annoyed as was looking forward to seeing Kamara play against Caqueret

90 + 5min

One day I will tune into a Ligue 1 game and not see things being thrown from the crowd. Lyon v. Marseille. Payet hit by a full bottle of water. Morons.
Suggestion. Give PSG trophy and stop the league. They already won and rest of the teams are just playing for sunday-fun. Little bit like Scotland under Celtic dominance. Move on to plan next season, without supporters inside stadiums.

the_cliff

Just saw what happened to Payet, stuff like this has been happening a lot recently in Ligue 1. Looks bad for France especially after all these leaks.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Just saw what happened to Payet, stuff like this has been happening a lot recently in Ligue 1. Looks bad for France especially after all these leaks.
To make it clear there has been no leaks, none of what you read the other day is new or a leak. It comes from a journalist who was saying the same things a year ago, 2 years ago and during every live that he has.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yeah those Molina 'leaks', if true or not a lot of them were about France, the federation, youth players, players the league.
Wow, I was completely out of the loop on this. Disgusting, and if true, there's some Mendy's out there who need to be in prison.

Idxomer

PSG losing to St. Etienne, the goal came from Donnarumma's mistake.

lawliet354

Watching this PSG side feels similar to watching United tbh, two very mediocre midfielder and front 4 who do whatever they want. They miss Veratti so bad, Danilo is even worse than Mctominay

Name Changed

weso26
PSG with another dodgy decision, they really do get a lot of dodgy decisions. One nil down against Saint Etienne coming up to half time, Mbappe gets put through and fouled outside the box. Defender sent off even though he is not the last man. Harsh doesn't even come close. Obviously PSG score from the resulting free kick.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
PSG are really bad under Poch. Nade is having a good game considering.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Were Tuchel this bad at PSG in Ligue 1 (not looking at his CL final appearence)?
I always thought Tuchel was a bit weird in his team selections, but you could tell what he was trying to do. Not seeing anything from Poch if I'm honest. Hard though, how can you not play that front 3?

Looks like he'll get away with it today though.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
@Oly Francis

How has Nuno Mendes faired in Paris?

I can't remember was the loan with an OPTION to buy or was it like the Mbappe deal where it is a mandatory purchase?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
@Oly Francis

How has Nuno Mendes faired in Paris?

I can't remember was the loan with an OPTION to buy or was it like the Mbappe deal where it is a mandatory purchase?
I'd say average+ so far. Some really brilliant moments but also trouble situating himself in a back 4. He really showed great quality (passing, percussion) but is still a bit inconsistent at the moment. He does have a great ability to find inside passes though. Sharing the spot with Bernat is actually a good way for him to improve at his own pace.

As far as i know, PSG has a regular option to buy him but we heard noise that they planned on doing so.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I'd say average+ so far. Some really brilliant moments but also trouble situating himself in a back 4. He really showed great quality (passing, percussion) but is still a bit inconsistent at the moment. He does have a great ability to find inside passes though. Sharing the spot with Bernat is actually a good way for him to improve at his own pace.

As far as i know, PSG has a regular option to buy him but we heard noise that they planned on doing so.
Ahhh I was hoping he would somehow make it back to Sporting !

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Ahhh I was hoping he would somehow make it back to Sporting !
I don't think he will. We don't know though but it seemed that PSG wanted to buy him pretty early. He's not ready yet to play at the highest level consistantly but he has real qualities. Weird how he sometimes struggles defensively against poor Ligue 1 oppositions but managed to be good against Mahrez and Bernardo in the City game.

antk

PSG still being awful against Lens. The table doesn't reflect how unstructured and dominated they've been in almost all their matches bar Nantes this year.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
PSG still being awful against Lens. The table doesn't reflect how unstructured and dominated they've been in almost all their matches bar Nantes this year.
It's obvious to anyone who watches the games that our 10+ points lead doesn't reflect our performances. We've been lucky because we scored a couple of late goals and we can always win thanks to individual brilliance but we play like shite, fortunately for PSG no team seems to be able to get a winning streak of 4 or 5 games so we're still far ahead..
I'm happy to see Ligue 1 teams try something against us though, games are pretty fun this season

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
PSG are awful to watch, how some can watch this and think yes I want Poch to be our next manager, is absolutely beyond me.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Messi and Mbappe are a class apart. What a brilliant opportunity that just was right then. But PSG as a whole is awfully coached.

cyberman

PSG play a level below the opposition no matter who they play. It’s impressive