Ligue 1 | French Football 2021/22

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Nice ultras are the worst, they and Marseille, beautiful cities but terrible fans. Living in Epinay for 2 years I went to a lot of games Ligue 1, 2 and National watched Red Star, Auxerre etc and I noticed almost every club had that ultra faction that if the wind blew in the wrong direction, everything could go sideways, none more so than when Nice and Marseille play.
Yeah it's pretty bad at Marseille as well but at least they're not racist.

SamVimes

BBC line up showing PSG set up as 4-2-2-2. Anybody watching who can confirm this?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
To be fair, that second yellow is just, not.

But Lorient have played wonderful, could have easily won this with 2 or 3 goals difference.
They were both pretty clear yellow card offences.

CraftySoAndSo

Slow start from PSG with Lyon ahead, probably gonna be another 2-1 PSG win again though.

bucky

OL v PSG has started.

Excellent attack by Lyon makes 1-0. Bruno Guimares with a very good pass for Lucas Paquetá.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Another clueless game from Pochettino who started Wijnaldum as a right winger. Thanks god he realized how terrible we were at one point and subbed in Michut and Xavi Simons who did far better than the starters (after trying to play Verratti as a n°10, which is a stupid idea).

Another awful game from Pochettino's PSG (especially the 1st half). One more.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
He was good. He still has consistency issues on the ball but he had a good 1st half.
Any chance Deschamps call him for World Cup?

I think he is already calling Leo Dubois from Lyon.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

I'd say close to zero unless he has a monster 2022 year. As far as I know he was never in the discussion for Deschamps. Tchouameni took the "youngster" spot in the midfield.

antk

It's a long shot but it's possible. Would need both a strong year and some competition to be injured or in difficult situations competitively, but he's a mainstay for the U23 now.

Tchouaméni is way ahead of him in the picking order for now, but a lot can happen until then. He's certainly in a better position than Camavinga for example.

CraftySoAndSo

I haven't watched Monaco at all this season but watched the second half today to see how the new manager's doing and was quite impressed, although they were playing Clermont. I'd heard good things about Clement from his time at Brugge and saw a very clear idea of what he's trying to do even after a short time at Monaco. Can anyone tell me more about him and how high do you think he can go?

Charlie Foley

Nineteenth-placed Bordeaux (30) have scored more goals than Marseille (28) in third. And every other team from 9th down.

they also have the most conceded (50) 8 more than Saint-Étienne in 20th.

Charlie Foley

It’s quite sad. When I lived there I would regularly go to games, saw them finish first in their europa league group and get to the last 16 against a very good Benfica team, and win the Coupe de France. Fond memories of my youth that feel very far away now :lol:
covid, the broadcasting issue, and mismanagement have ruined the club.

Charlie Foley

Nineteenth-placed Bordeaux (30) have scored more goals than Marseille (28) in third. And every other team from 9th down.

they also have the most conceded (50) 8 more than Saint-Étienne in 20th.
Aaand they win 4-3 today. 6th most prolific attack in the league

Pintu

Are we about to witness Dollaruma lose a shootout for the first time in his career?!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He does, what a last pen by Nice

the_cliff

Nerves of steel to panenka a pen like that :lol: :lol: great stuff
Yeah you know if those go in you're most likely winning the shootout.

Thought Xavi Simons would miss as soon as I saw him step up.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yeah you know if those go in you're most likely winning the shootout.

Thought Xavi Simons would miss as soon as I saw him step up.
Yeah, he didn't look confident at the end there.

Poch out?? :wenger:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Dante is too classy a player. What a pen and a great all round performance before that too. Similar sort of class and longevity to Ze Roberto.

Cloud7

Always good to see another club in France getting the upper hand on PSG

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
So Peter Bosz is having a difficult season so far with Lyon, but he now has three wins in a row. The club mentoned February would be an important month to move towards the CL spots, where they face some direct competitors.

February 1st - Marseile Home | 2-1 WIN
February 5th - Monaco Away |
February 12th - Nice Home |
February 19th - Lens Away |
February 26th - Lille Home |

I reckon he cant afford to lose any of these matches and win about three of them, meaning at least 11 points. He already won the first against Marseille, very important. If he gets through this series in a good manner they play Rennes at home in the beginning at March, another competitor for CL places.

bucky

Decent second half of football from Lyon against Monaco with nothing to show for it. Feel like most Bosz teams can be summed up like that. Overall Monaco seemed liked the better team by being able to move a up a gear, if necessary, and with better defending. Ndombélé had a good second half.