Lingard signs new £100k 4 year contract (Sky) | Official: Option to extend for a further year

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's replaceable, won't play for a better club than United, won't have a chance of winning stuff elsewhere. I can't see why he wouldn't just have to take whatever we want to offer, and it surely wouldn't be that much?
The players getting whatever they want surely affects some of them mentally?

That said, I like him enough as backup and I'm glad he's signed a deal.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Isn't this what Spurs pay Harry Kane and Eriksen? Seems far too much for a player of his ability

I doubt Mane is on much more who is far better

DatGuyRich

100K is peanuts these days for the worlds biggest club.

Congratulations to one of our most hard working players.

Jesse earning 6 figures a week will not stop us from signing world class players so I am honestly not bothered what the club are playing him.

Reactions: Penna

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Jeez, if I was the tea lady at United I'd ask for at least 30k pay rise

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
There's been a few clubs interested in Jesse recently, so maybe this contract is with a fee in mind.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Good grief. £100,000 a week for Jesse Lingard. Has the world gone mad. We chuck money about like a sailor who has just got in port and on anything that is still breathing.

Ixion

I like Lingard, he's good to have in the squad.

None of the other top 6 would buy him from us and give him 100k a week though.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not sure it's the way I expected us to spend monies we've saved after flogging our Twitter PR director to the USA. I don't mind keeping him around, wages seem rather excessive for a squad player though.

dove

Jesse earning 6 figures a week will not stop us from signing world class players so I am honestly not bothered what the club are playing him.
Yeah right... peanuts... we have like 10 players earning £100k worth of peanuts every week and then it suddenly becomes £1m/week :D I would prefer if we spent this peanuts in scouting and signing proper talents, not paying to someone who clearly won't become a regular player at the club as he is simply not talented enough.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
There's been a few clubs interested in Jesse recently, so maybe this contract is with a fee in mind.
But aren't we complicating matters by offering him 100k per week in wages? I doubt his suitors would want to match, or better that wages - unless of course he's been linked to other big clubs who's willing to pay (sort of) ridiculous wages.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Terrible from the business side of things. It's like we haven't learned our lessons from Young and Nani's contract renewals.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

DatGuyRich or DatRichGuy?

Is this £20m over 4 years.

wow

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Is this including taxes or without? Because honestly, 4.8 million a year isn't THAT exceptional for a squad player that young. Rafinha for example is at 5 million before taxes for us as well. Coman is at 4. And both their contracts aren't exactly new.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'm not believing it, I don't think even we are that bad to pay Lingard 100K per week.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Ashley Young got a £100k+/w contract at the age of 30 (if that salary was given to him when renewing instead of when signing) as a squaddie, too. So not the first time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Is this including taxes or without? Because honestly, 4.8 million a year isn't THAT exceptional for a squad player that young. Rafinha for example is at 5 million before taxes for us as well. Coman is at 4. And both their contracts aren't exactly new.
In PL it's always before taxes.

red4ever 79

Coman is a quality player. Hasnt had the best of seasons but has a higher ceiling he can climb to.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
you mentioned 2 players who can actually dribble past an opponent

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I've never really thought about wages in that much detail until now. Do United pay National Insurance contributions at 13.8% :lol:

That's a cool £716,473.37 a year in contributions.

There is hardly any point putting any of it in a pension right?

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Coman is a quality player. Hasnt had the best of seasons but has a higher ceiling he can climb to.
Oh, of course, but this is also a almost two year old contract and the very first big one he signed. His next will likely be more like 7 million. So in perspective, Lingard, an English international, doesn't look that terrible for me.

Zlatattack

We're defintely overpaying. Wha'ts he done to earn that, other than score regularly at Wembley.

Good luck to him anyway.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
100k a week before taxes brings it down to 55/60k a week right?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Oh, of course, but this is also a almost two year old contract and the very first big one he signed. His next will likely be more like 7 million. So in perspective, Lingard, an English international, doesn't look that terrible for me.
It's not just the money, it's the quality of the player. He should be playing for the likes of Sunderland not earning 100k at United.

Oyibo

It's not our money.

To all those who say he is only average, does that mean you sit in your chair motionless when he scores a vital goal or makes a vital assist ?

Sometimes I wonder who is on the end of these posts....

EyeInTheSky

Could this be a ploy to attract galagticos from around the world?

If Neymar hears about this he and players of his ilk are sure to think "well if they are prepared to pay that to the likes of linguard Im fecking quids in!"

Philadelphian

Sadio Mane - 90k
Roberto Firmino - 100k
Pedro - 100k
Leroy Sane - 55k
Ox - 65k
Walcott - 110K
Giroud - 100k
Thiago (Bayern) - 90k
Douglas Costa - 100k
Dybala - 60k
Saul - 30k
Griezmann - 115k

Jesse Lingard - 1 league goal, 2 league assists...100k

Sterling Archer

Glad he's got a new contract, not really bothered by the wages.
Exactly my sentiment.

Everyone getting so bothered by his wages as if professional athletes getting paid ludicrous sums is something new...check out baseball salaries for even the most terrible NBA player. In that regard Football wages aren't that bad.

Where are the "so proud of my local lad youth team player becoming a consistent part of the team and getting paid on par with a transfer. Good motivation for other United youngsters to keep grinding away "

Edit:
NBA not MLS player. MLS players would make more at a McDonalds

Reactions: Penna
Status
Not open for further replies.