Lingard signs new £100k 4 year contract (Sky) | Official: Option to extend for a further year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Isn't this what Spurs pay Harry Kane and Eriksen? Seems far too much for a player of his ability

I doubt Mane is on much more who is far better
Before the season started, Lloris was Spurs' highest earner at £80k. Eriksen's new contract reportedly put him on £150k but knowing Levy it is probably less than that.

luke511

This has actually ruined my day :lol::lol: epitome of what is wrong with our club at the moment.

prath92

It's probably similar to the Luke Shaw getting £130k reports according to the media when it's really around £50k-£60k

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Sadio Mane - 90k
Roberto Firmino - 100k
Pedro - 100k
Leroy Sane - 55k
Ox - 65k
Walcott - 110K
Giroud - 100k
Thiago (Bayern) - 90k
Douglas Costa - 100k

Dybala - 60k
Saul - 30k
Griezmann - 115k

Jesse Lingard - 1 league goal, 2 league assists...100k
Those two are not correct. Thiago is at double that wage, Costa almost double that as well. And that's likely correct for a huge chunk of this list.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's not our money.

To all those who say he is only average, does that mean you sit in your chair motionless when he scores a vital goal or makes a vital assist ?

Sometimes I wonder who is on the end of these posts....
It's because it shows why we get taken for mugs when signing players and will pay well over the odds for average players and are in 6th place.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Jesse Lingard is actually going to earn 100k a week. Incredible.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It's probably similar to the Luke Shaw getting £130k reports according to the media when it's really around £50k-£60k
Saying logical things, wont stop people from getting their pitchforks out.

AgentP

Don't really care how much we pay him. Bastian spent 2 years here traveling and watching his missus play tennis for more than twice this salary. Atleast Lingard works hard and scores some important goals for us. He will be a good squad player and might even improve since he looks like a late bloomer.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's Bernardo Silva's wage per month.

Gopher Brown

Meh. The only problem is trying to sell him for a decent fee when the buying club have to match his wages.

DatGuyRich

Don't really care how much we pay him. Bastian spent 2 years here traveling and watching his missus play tennis for more than twice this salary. Atleast Lingard works hard and scores some important goals for us. He will be a good squad player and might even improve since he looks like a late bloomer.
Bastian took this club for an absolute joke yet he was hailed as a hero and people were genuinely sad when he left.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If the rumors are true, we didn't bought Fabinho because we needed to sell someone before. I hope that it wasn't wage bill related.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I like Lingard and think him staying as a valuable squad player is nice, but £100k a week? Blimey O'Reilly.

Skills

Snitch
Watch Fellaini get a 150k a week now, while we flog off Martial and Shaw

ZupZup

Sadio Mane - 90k
Roberto Firmino - 100k
Pedro - 100k
Leroy Sane - 55k
Ox - 65k
Walcott - 110K
Giroud - 100k
Thiago (Bayern) - 90k
Douglas Costa - 100k
Dybala - 60k
Saul - 30k
Griezmann - 115k

Xhaka - 90k
Stones - 100k
Mustafi - 90k
Batshuayi - 90k
Rosicky - 85k
Wilshere - 90k
Sturridge - 120k
Nasri - 120k
Delph - 90k

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He's an Everton standard player who's only earning that because he's quite a marketable person. Wouldn't be surprised if he got a lower number at some point too so all the dab kids will buy his top

AgentP

If the rumors are true, we didn't bought Fabinho because we needed to sell someone before. I hope that it wasn't wage bill related.
I don't believe that for a second. The more likely reason would be Jose wanting to give the current players a chance first.

prath92

Saying logical things, wont stop people from getting their pitchforks out.
Maybe it's leaked so that when he actually signs a deal for 60k it will be better received. If this tweet had his wages at 60k even then everyone would have cried 'too much. Should be 40k'

Ole90+3

Hope his effort levels don't take a nosedive because of this. Let's face it, his effort and off the ball work are his main attributes (if you can call them that), without them, he's pretty useless. Average enough as he is.

Oggmonster

Would he get that at any other club?
Navas is on 100k a week at City apparently so I'd imagine he would get similar at other clubs.

Sadio Mane - 90k
Roberto Firmino - 100k
Pedro - 100k
Leroy Sane - 55k
Ox - 65k
Walcott - 110K
Giroud - 100k
Thiago (Bayern) - 90k
Douglas Costa - 100k
Dybala - 60k
Saul - 30k
Griezmann - 115k

I don't think it's fair to compare his wages to players at other clubs. Man Utd can afford to pay more money in wages than most other teams in the world. Contracts for players should be treated individually really. Mahrez is a better player than Lingard but will make less. One is at a club that can pay massive wages the other isn't. That's life. If them players have a problem with their wages they should get a better agent or move clubs. Not rocket science.

Fair fecks to the guy. I don't mind him, he is one of the few players recently who has shown a bit of effort for a full game and whilst not the best player in the world he is a good squad player and would be happy with that role I'd guess unlike others who would kick up a massive fuss.

I don't get worked up about wages of people I don't know in an industry which is notorious for paying huge salaries. Always seemed odd that people do.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I like Lingard and think him staying as a valuable squad player is nice, but £100k a week? Blimey O'Reilly.
That's the point. I actually don't mind him being here, but £100,000 for a bench player and he better be a bench player or we are in real trouble.

prath92

Xhaka - 90k
Stones - 100k
Mustafi - 90k
Batshuayi - 90k
Rosicky - 85k
Wilshere - 90k
Sturridge - 120k
Nasri - 120k
Delph - 90k
If that's true then lingard can demand 100k. If the likes of Wilshere gets 100k and batshuayi gets 90k

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hopefully this finally proves what is clear as day now. Despite what some resident experts here think of Jesse, the club, the board, Mourinho et al clearly value him and want to keep him here for a long time. 100k/wk is a fair wage for a player Manchester United are betting on staying here for an entire career.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Exactly what I feel. Media just report big numbers to get clicks and sensationalize the news.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
nauseating. as perhaps his biggest critic here, i'm extremely biased so my opinion on this matter shouldn't be considered by anyone. not that that was ever in danger in the first place, i imagine...

but feck me. 100k a week for jesse lingard. unfathomable

Status
Not open for further replies.