Linkin Park lead singer commits suicide

El-Manos

Non-stop listening to Linkin Park tonight. This is hitting me harder by the hour :(

onemanarmy

They fecking revolutionized the alternative rock genre though.
Don't agree at all. Imho they will never be considered as a very influential band. Not in the likes of many bands that came before them.

But, this might not be the topic to discus their music.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Amazing that Eddie Vedder is still going strong. Always thought he'd be the first to go.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Genuinely sad. Probably my first rock/alt rock band.

Chester Bennington really showed his range of tones in Somewhere I Belong.

RIP. :(

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

Really love LP mashups. Given how often songs are "sampled" I guess it's quite popular even if people dont realise it.

But the LP community was always really good. Never took themselves too seriously.

Should never have done the sound track to transformers though

freeurmind

weak willed
:( I think almost everyone who was a teenager in the 90s had them as one of their favourite bands. In the end will forever be an all time classic. RIP.

Red Diva

Youre prolly the first person Ive met who doesnt like Linkin Park.
I've never even heard of them - sign of age I suppose.

RIP Chester. Suicide will devastate his family for ever, my thoughts go out to them x

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
No fecking way :( one of my favourite bands, devastated to hear this. He was abused by his uncle though and had been doing drugs since he was a teenager, hadn't he?

RIP :(

Revan

Assumptionman
Devastated to hear this. Absolutely loved Linkin Park when I was a teen.

rcoobc

I've never even heard of them - sign of age I suppose.

RIP Chester. Suicide will devastate his family for ever, my thoughts go out to them x
Teen angst, bottled up, and poured over the grunge punk genre.

And that's Linkin Park

HTG

Supports
Bayern
To think a young boy who was the victim of continuing sexual abuse and as a consequence suffering from depression and drug addiction was able to live that long, express himself creatively, thus helping and connecting with people in similar situations all over the world, is truly fascinating and impressive to me. I can't even imagine the unbelievable strength necessary to carry on for so long. I really hope he found the peace he was always denied.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I just remembered, I kind of sent a part of the lyrics of this song to my first girlfriend when i broke up with her.:(

I guess i am done sleeping tonight, so many teenage memories come back listening to these songs. Gosh where does time go!

peridigm

Someone taking their own life pains me greatly having lost my father to suicide. Mental illness is such a sad thing. I can't imagine the pain and suffering one must be going through to make the decision. It can happen to anyone and sadly those around us don't know or see that anything is wrong until it's too late.

rcoobc

Someone taking their own life pains me greatly having lost my father to suicide. Mental illness is such a sad thing. I can't imagine the pain and suffering one must be going through to make the decision. It can happen to anyone and sadly those around us don't know or see that anything is wrong until it's too late.
Really sorry to hear that Peridigm :(

How old were you? Stay strong

peridigm

Really sorry to hear that Peridigm :(

How old were you? Stay strong
23. Happened two months after I got married. We had announced that my wife was pregnant. Unknown to me at the time but my father had struggled with mental illness off and on his entire life. Was discharged from the Navy due to it. The timing seemed surreal but I think he thought he had accomplished all he wanted to in life. Raised both of his children to the point they were starting a family. His memory lives on in that we named my son after him. Just sad that he never got to meet him.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
When I was eleven and first started struggling with my mental health, Hybrid Theory and the music I got into as a result of it helped me to feel less alone and alienated by my difficulties.

To lose Chester Bennington to mental health problems feels rather close to home.

rcoobc

23. Happened two months after I got married. We had announced that my wife was pregnant. Unknown to me at the time but my father had struggled with mental illness off and on his entire life. Was discharged from the Navy due to it. The timing seemed surreal but I think he thought he had accomplished all he wanted to in life. Raised both of his children to the point they were starting a family. His memory lives on in that we named my son after him. Just sad that he never got to meet him.
Christ. Well done for going on.

Mental illness is a horrible thing. Your dad did so well to hold it away if it affected him so badly.

Death really sucks.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
So, so sad.

I was never in to rock and whatnot, but got the Meteora album in like year 9 after hearing Faint on a music channel. Mad talented, very few have ever got me to connect with the words of a song the way he did. Could only imagine what he's had to carry with him all these years, hope Allah gives him peace.

:(:(:(

rcoobc

My biggest linkin park - listening memory was a school trip - aged 15 ish

There was this girl at school with some pretty big personality problems. She was constantly having fights with people, constantly in counselling, constantly smashing things. Obviously she didn't have many friends.

One school trip though I'd fallen out with my mates over some stupid thing and so I didn't want to sit near them on the trip back. The only seat left was next to this girl, but Id never had a problem with her, so sat next to her.

We talked and it turns out she loved linkin park, so we listened to everything I had on my ipod. I think it was Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Mike Shinoda's side project Fort Minor - The rising tide. But could be wrong about all of that.

Anyway, I don't remember this girls name. No idea what happened to her. But will always have that memory of listening to Linkin Park on the bus.

Sad kid crap. RIP

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
fecking gutted. Used to listen to them so much in my early teens, they were the reason I started to listen to nu-metal bands back then in 2000's, going to play Hybrid Theory all night now. RIP Chester.