Lionel Messi | PSG Watch

Pocho

Having Zidane ahead of players like Cryuff and Di stefano is mental. Awesome player without a doubt but so overrated. I think having Pelé behind Ronnie is mental as well, but I get the argument for recency bias.
Agree

mshnsh

Watching Haaland, I've been reminded of why Messi is special and almost unprecedented in the history of the game. Haaland is scoring at a ridiculous rate but you can sort of see how he does it. He's bigger, stronger and faster than his opponents, has great movement and he lives in the penalty area. Ronaldo at his most prolific was similar, you could understand how he scored so much even though you could also appreciate how difficult it was to be that consistent.

With Mess, there's a kind of bewildering element to him because it's not clear how someone that small and so far fromm being an out and out striker can score so many goals. It's like a magic trick. The only other example I can think of is Pele, and it's still not quite the same because Pele was an astonishing athlete in a way that Messi is not.
His goals are due to amazing technique, accuracy, dribbling and movement.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Nobody there could have afforded their salary, he has no need to go there to cement his standing etc.
Messi has been quoted as saying he wants to head back to Newell’s while he can still be useful for them.
Ronaldo’s mum seems to keep pushing the Sporting narrative.
When they finally head to these leagues, I suspect money won’t be a motivator.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Messi has been quoted as saying he wants to head back to Newell’s while he can still be useful for them.
Ronaldo’s mum seems to keep pushing the Sporting narrative.
When they finally head to these leagues, I suspect money won’t be a motivator.
We shall see, I don't even think money or no money they won't bother going there anymore. Not like they're boy hood fans.

Players says lots of things but it's all mostly lip service

Rojow

Messi won't go to Argentina, maybe never. It would be a security disaster if he goes there. He will go to Inter Miami i believe, but not yet. I think he could go back to Barcelona for the next season.

tariqo

Supports
barcelona
Messi is the only player in the history of this award “ Ballon d'Or “ who should win trophies & scores the most goals at the same time to win it

they knew if its about individual performances only then he should’ve won it like 9-10 times already

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Messi is the only player in the history of this award “ Ballon d'Or “ who should win trophies & scores the most goals at the same time to win it

they knew if its about individual performances only then he should’ve won it like 9-10 times already
If the Ballon d'Or was about the best player then yes, he probably should have a few more. But there's no way he deserves it for his last season.

Anyway, I think the prize is considered far too important. They change the goal posts as they please. Especially if they like the narrative - they are journalists after all.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Having Zidane ahead of players like Cryuff and Di stefano is mental. Awesome player without a doubt but so overrated. I think having Pelé behind Ronnie is mental as well, but I get the argument for recency bias.
I agree. The only reason why someone would have Pele behind CR or Zidane above Cruyff and DiStefano is ignorance. There's no other word for it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It surprises me how many people have actually seemed to have watched Pele in this generation.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
It surprises me how many people have actually seemed to have watched Pele in this generation.
There's this thing called 'film'. You may have heard of it.

Now if someone was boldly proclaiming the qualities of Artur Friedenreich then you may have a point. As we're talking about someone in the televisual age, you don't.

Pickle85

Now if someone was boldly proclaiming the qualities of Artur Friedenreich then you may have a point. As we're talking about someone in the televisual age, you don't.
Confrontational, arrogant so-and-so, aren't you?!

Ladron de redcafe

Yeah I'm surprised by that line of reasoning as well. It's true of some of the players who preceded him, but there is considerable footage of Pele not only on video streaming websites, but on the now-defunct footballitalia. If someone wants to watch full football matches from that era, it's available, albiet not exactly in high def.

Ignore the troll, btw. He's been warned before for derailing threads, and that's all he's good for.

Ladron de redcafe

I have a few matches that I downloaded before the website from which i used to download was taken down. It isn't a comprehensive list of his greatest matches, but it's something. If you're interested, i can upload them on a google drive and you can download a few. Just a warning that they aren't high quality by any definition of the word. But they're still interesting to watch.

Pickle85

Can't really see how his point is wrong. There is tons of footage of Pelé, cryuff and Maradona to evaluate them.
It's more the way the following two posts are phrased. High handed and arrogant.
I agree. The only reason why someone would have Pele behind CR or Zidane above Cruyff and DiStefano is ignorance. There's no other word for it.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Yeah I'm surprised by that line of reasoning as well. It's true of some of the players who preceded him, but there is considerable footage of Pele not only on video streaming websites, but on the now-defunct footballitalia. If someone wants to watch full football matches from that era, it's available, albiet not exactly in high def.

Ignore the troll, btw. He's been warned before for derailing threads, and that's all he's good for.
Oh OK, didn't know about the troll aspect. You're right of course except for the fact that footballia is very much operational as far as I can see? It's been back up for a good while and is a great site. Props to whoever created and runs it.

Pickle85

:lol: check my warning points. I don't see anything about derailing threads. Now get back to your obsessive posting about Messi, there's a good lad.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
It's more the way the following two posts are phrased. High handed and arrogant.
Please go attack somebody else if you're upset about somebody not thinking Ronaldo is as good as you think he is. I've no real desire to debate with you about anything in this area.

Pickle85

Please go attack somebody else if you're upset about somebody not thinking Ronaldo is as good as you think he is. I've no real desire to debate with you about anything in this area.
Honestly no idea what this has to do with Ronaldo. I haven't mentioned him. I'll leave it here, because I agree this is derailing. My only comment was that your posts come across as condescending and high handed.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Honestly no idea what this has to do with Ronaldo. I haven't mentioned him. I'll leave it here, because I agree this is derailing. My only comment was that your posts come across as condescending and high handed.
I'm nor particularly bothered about what you think, with all due. Let's leave it there as you say.

Ladron de redcafe

:lol: check my warning points. I don't see anything about derailing threads. Now get back to your obsessive posting about Messi, there's a good lad.
Try to take a break from being my personal lapdog. It's literally a Messi thread. If you don't want to discuss him, take your tears elsewhere.

Oh OK, didn't know about the troll aspect. You're right of course except for the fact that footballia is very much operational as far as I can see? It's been back up for a good while and is a great site. Props to whoever created and runs it.
Yeah just ignore him. He'll obsecrate for attention, which makes it funnier.
I didn't realize it was. I remember seeing a message on the website saying that it will be taken down and i decided to download as much as i can before it got shut down. Glad its still up. It's the best on the internet for old matches.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Try to take a break from being my personal lapdog. It's literally a Messi thread. If you don't want to discuss him, take your tears elsewhere.

Yeah just ignore him. He'll obsecrate for attention, which makes it funnier.
I didn't realize it was. I remember seeing a message on the website saying that it will be taken down and i decided to download as much as i can before it got shut down. Glad its still up. It's the best on the internet for old matches.
Yes for sure, I was pleased when they brought it back.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Its always the same poster having personal issues with others’ way of posting and acting like he is some moral authority/figurehead on how to post on redcafe and then when being called out (for not having a mirror at home basically), he whines, cries and reports :lol:

Last edited:

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina

That comes with being the GOAT or the person closest to Pele. Then again should his teams win trophies, more often than not he will have stats and performances to go with it. Last year’s PSG’s title win was the only trophy he won without crazy stats or performances

Pickle85

Its always the same poster having personal issues with others’ way of posting and acting like he is some moral authority/figurehead on how to post on redcafe and then when being called out (for not having a mirror at home basically), he whines, cries and reports :lol:
Who's whining or crying!? I just call it as I see it...good to see you're plugging away as a newbie though. You'll get there.

Ladron de redcafe

I remember that :lol:. It was funny seeing that mod telling him off for going on an emotional binge, reporting other posts when he was the one derailing the thread, last time. Didn't quite work out for the little Einstein, did it?

Inflation affected football when you look at Darwin Nunez inside top 30 BdO list and not Messi in it.
Beyond the top 3 (or 5), I'm not sure that order matters. I remember looking at the top 30 during some of the late 2000s lists and I couldn't believe some of the names there. That's always been the case. But it really doesn't matter whether you're 29th or 39th. So, i'm not sure these players themselves put stock into their final position, unless they are in the running.

Pickle85

I remember that :lol:. It was funny seeing that mod telling him off for going on an emotional binge, reporting other posts when he was the one derailing the thread, last time. Didn't quite work out for the little Einstein, did it?

Beyond the top 3 (or 5), I'm not sure that order matters. I remember looking at the top 30 during some of the late 2000s lists and I couldn't believe some of the names there. That's always been the case. But it really doesn't matter whether you're 29th or 39th. So, i'm not sure these players themselves put stock into their final position, unless they are in the running.
Obsessed!

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Inflation affected football when you look at Darwin Nunez inside top 30 BdO list and not Messi in it.
Nunez had a stellar season with Benfica, while Messi was a complete no show.

Xeno

Not sure where else to post. Do you think the CL game vs Haifa will feature Messi / Neymar / Mbappe?

In Paris with work and could swerve an evening to watch the game if it won't be the reserves?

wr8_utd

:'(
Yet another assist for Messi with a neat little through ball to Mbappé. Seen plenty of that linkup this season.

wr8_utd

Not sure where else to post. Do you think the CL game vs Haifa will feature Messi / Neymar / Mbappe?

In Paris with work and could swerve an evening to watch the game if it won't be the reserves?
Neymar isn't playing tonight so I'm sure he'll play. PSG haven't secured top spot yet so I think they'll play their first choice attack.

wr8_utd

Scores a wonderful goal with a great back heel from Mbappe and then sets up Mbappe for a second goal of the night. Just the two goals and assist today for Messi as his wonderful season continues.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
The fumes of Ronaldo's clownish descent into farce are fuelling a renaissance. Get your money on Leo for one last jaw dropping assault on the Ballon d'Or.

wr8_utd

The fumes of Ronaldo's clownish descent into farce are fuelling a renaissance. Get your money on Leo for one last jaw dropping assault on the Ballon d'Or.
He'll definitely make the Top 10 this year but to actually win it, he needs to win the CL and/or WC.