Lionel Messi | PSG Watch

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He's getting into Balon d'Or form honestly, last of his career probably but I hope they can get a result against Bayern and win a CL this year. Huge ask though.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He's getting into Balon d'Or form honestly, last of his career probably but I hope they can get a result against Bayern and win a CL this year. Huge ask though.
With Mpabbe out I dont really see it. And still. A quality team that is well drilled and well managed beats individual quality most of the time. If PSG go out and City go far and Haaland continues his freak goalscoring I think he will win it, both for the novelty of doing that in your first season in the PL and fatigue of Messi winning it even when he´s old.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
With Mpabbe out I dont really see it. And still. A quality team that is well drilled and well managed beats individual quality most of the time. If PSG go out and City go far and Haaland continues his freak goalscoring I think he will win it, both for the novelty of doing that in your first season in the PL and fatigue of Messi winning it even when he´s old.
No chance anyone other than Messi is winning it. Not after that World Cup.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As good as he’s been, psg aren’t getting near the UCL. They look extremely average

Gehrman

Highlights from today's game. That last one.... :drool:

Looked a lot more like his younger self.

35 goals and 30 assists last year almost a 1:1 ratio.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I wonder if we could possibly be in for him if Qatar give us a go.

Although I doubt if he'd like to get anywhere near Manchester, I don't think he likes it cold.

Gehrman

I wonder if we could possibly be in for him if Qatar give us a go.

Although I doubt if he'd like to get anywhere near Manchester, I don't think he likes it cold.
I think he's looking at retirement from European football. I think winning the wc sealed it. He's doesnt seem interested in chasing individual stats in general and he won the holy grail now.

Gottabekiddingme

His PSG career is heading towards a toxic exit. If their fans booed him (and Neymar) after last year exit vs Madrid, I can't imagine what'll happen if they go out again in the last 16 round vs Bayern.

They looked clueless yesterday in their cup exit vs Marseille. Can't see them doing better against Bayern

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think he's looking at retirement from European football. I think winning the wc sealed it. He's doesnt seem interested in chasing individual stats in general and he won the holy grail now.
Yeah , he probably doesn't have that drive anymore.

Gehrman

His PSG career is heading towards a toxic exit. If their fans booed him (and Neymar) after last year exit vs Madrid, I can't imagine what'll happen if they go out again in the last 16 round vs Bayern.

They looked clueless yesterday in their cup exit vs Marseille. Can't see them doing better against Bayern
I didnt see them yesterday, but overall i think the team is overrated. I mean there is lots of individual quality with everyone fit, but a team needs balance and a needs to be truly well drilled. Bayern is that, PSG currently isnt really.

Lay

They’ll lose to Bayern. Average side with zero cohesion

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I didnt see them yesterday, but overall i think the team is overrated. I mean there is lots of individual quality with everyone fit, but a team needs balance and a needs to be truly well drilled. Bayern is that, PSG currently isnt really.
PSG is the definition of "recruit first, think later". They are the most top heavy team in the history of the game. Barcelona had a similar top trio previously, but they at least had a world class team behind them as well.

PSG fans are so shit though, imagine booing Messi of all people.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This is just the football romantic in me speaking, but I really hope Xavi brings him back to Barcelona. His story there deserves a real end, not the disgrace that Bartomeus criminal incompetence caused.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Bayern struggled against far worse teams this season and PSG looked pretty sharp before the WC. So far, Bayern has ecnountered no team that comes close to the individual quality of PSG's attack. So here's hoping.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern struggled against far worse teams this season and PSG looked pretty sharp before the WC. So far, Bayern has ecnountered no team that comes close to the individual quality of PSG's attack. So here's hoping.
Its not like PSG plays top teams week in week out in France either.

tomaldinho1

Bayern are pretty all over the shop as well by their standards, only top by a point in their league and lots of questions about Nagelsmann.

Gehrman

This is just the football romantic in me speaking, but I really hope Xavi brings him back to Barcelona. His story there deserves a real end, not the disgrace that Bartomeus criminal incompetence caused.
Retiring from european football before he has declined too much to be irrelevant is a dignified end. Now that he has his holy grail he should call it quits at the end of the season, but the money PSG will be throwing at him might be too much to resist.

Pocho

Just read that he’s injured. Won’t play against Monaco and probably won’t be able to play against Bayern either.

Last edited:

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
PSG is facing poorer teams in Ligue 1 every week.
I still fancy Bayern cause it's UCL, they have the pedigree, PSG don't.

Not to mention Ligue 1 only had 2 teams in the UCL this season, PSG and Marseille, and only PSG got out of group stage...while 4 out of 5 german teams qualified to the knock out stage.

Lay

So Messi and Mbappe out for the first leg? Is Neymar injured?

Gehrman

Doesnt he deserve a bump for reaching 700 club goals last night? On top of a beautiful assist.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
You're lucky if you can get 6 posts from the caf after a great Messi performance.
A great Messi performance is a normal Messi performance.
I also cannot root for him at PSG which is annoying since I admire his game a lot.