Lionel Messi | PSG Watch

Zen

The whole interplay for the Molina was brilliant, the pass, and that first touch from Molina himself, pure dream.

I think I'm actually gonna end up watching MLS over this fella. I mean I watched some of Rooney and Zlatan there. I do wonder if he'll take it year by year and before he knows it, it'll be 2025/26. Will he genuinely retire on like 97 goals? And if he's in some kind of form and fitness, refuse the call for a 6th World Cup? Maybe, I guess. I think being in America, they'll be a push for him to play though, if he's actually still playing, so I'm sitting on a 20/80 right now...

BorisManUtd

Only 2 games to go but 1st it'll be against Croatia who are always tough to beat and if they even go through then it's (most probably) against one of England/France/Portugal, all good enough to beat Argentina. His biggest chance since 2014 anyways.

Pocho

It's now or never, Argentina lacks quality overall, the next WC they won't have Messi to carry them.

And no one on this argentinian side bar the City guy and Martinez looks like it's gonna hack it at the highest level at top clubs like vintage argentinian players.
Enzo Fernández, two months ago you didn’t know the existence of Lisandro, so please watch more football before you make this kind of statements.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
The whole interplay for the Molina was brilliant, the pass, and that first touch from Molina himself, pure dream.

I think I'm actually gonna end up watching MLS over this fella. I mean I watched some of Rooney and Zlatan there. I do wonder if he'll take it year by year and before he knows it, it'll be 2025/26. Will he genuinely retire on like 97 goals? And if he's in some kind of form and fitness, refuse the call for a 6th World Cup? Maybe, I guess. I think being in America, they'll be a push for him to play though, if he's actually still playing, so I'm sitting on a 20/80 right now...
As much as I'd love to see him being brought on as an action sub when he's 39 - I feel the likelihood is a much less than 20-80 even. I'd hate to know what kind of pace he'll have at that stage.

I think this will be it for sure in terms of WC, maybe even for the international team.

Pocho

Only 2 games to go but 1st it'll be against Croatia who are always tough to beat and if they even go through then it's (most probably) against one of England/France/Portugal, all good enough to beat Argentina. His biggest chance since 2014 anyways.
they destroyed us in 2014, was more humiliating than the loss against France.

BorisManUtd

they destroyed us in 2014, was more humiliating than the loss against France.
Who, Germany? Yeah but you were like less than 10 minutes from penalties, could have happened in the end. You were better against Netherlands tonight but were close to getting knocked out anyways.

Pocho

Who, Germany? Yeah but you were like less than 10 minutes from penalties, could have happened in the end. You were better against Netherlands tonight but were close to getting knocked out anyways.
sorry, I meant 2018. German didn’t destroy us at all, in fact Argentina should’ve won the final

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Besides Messi, Argentina is probably the most unlikeable team left at this world cup. I hope Croatia bounces them out, I don't see them going all the way.

BorisManUtd

sorry, I meant 2018. German didn’t destroy us at all, in fact Argentina should’ve won the final
Yeah Croatia were superb in that game indeed. This Croatia side is not that good in attack but they get results and seem to be unbeatable on penalties.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Besides Messi, Argentina is probably the most unlikeable team left at this world cup. I hope Croatia bounces them out, I don't see them going all the way.
What's so likable about Messi? The idiot savant Rainman vibe he has going? Seems like a cnut to me im not bitter u r

IFC 1905

It's funny because you've got Van Gaal, Van Dijk, their keeper, all of them talking thrash before the game during the week. Especially Van Gaal, but we are the most unlikeable.

Messi doesn't get mad at someone for no reason.

Ockham

Supports
Barcelona
How can they have the best defense when they cant keep a clean sheet?
They have kept a clean sheet in 20 of the last 30 games so........
In this WC they are the team that have conceded the least shots against. Saudiaarabia scored with their only two shots on goal. The Netherlands scored with their only two shots on goal. Australias deflected freak goal was their only shot on goal. Mexico had one shot on goal. Poland had none.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What's so likable about Messi? The idiot savant Rainman vibe he has going? Seems like a cnut to me im not bitter u r
Because I think he's the GOAT but he's never acted like it, unlike some Portugese fella.

But I don't blame you for feeling the way you do, and I was really rooting for you guys.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's funny because you've got Van Gaal, Van Dijk, their keeper, all of them talking thrash before the game during the week. Especially Van Gaal, but we are the most unlikeable.

Messi doesn't get mad at someone for no reason.
Come on, you guys are absolutely hateable, the way your players behave, the goalkeeper staring down De Jong for no damn reason, the kicking the ball into the bench, the air of Argentinians being God's gift to football when they've won 2 world cups a long time ago, you're very easy to hate and your players don't make it any harder.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'm enjoying every last second of his last appearances and he hasn't bden disappointing, he obviously isn't carrying them like Diego did in 1986 but he has genuinely been one of the best players of the tournament so far and he'll likely end up playing in his second WC final.

Not gonna lie kinda rooting for Argentina.

IFC 1905

Come on, you guys are absolutely hateable, the way your players behave, the goalkeeper staring down De Jong for no damn reason, the kicking the ball into the bench, the air of Argentinians being God's gift to football when they've won 2 world cups a long time ago, you're very easy to hate and your players don't make it any harder.

Yeah, as if the Dutch were saints, talking before the game, doing their shithousery especially Dumfries during the penalties, everyone behaves good right? :lol:

Keep talking. Argentina plays hard, but before the matches we respect everyone. They were clearly mad against them for everything they said during the week.

Ockham

Supports
Barcelona
I mean it's not like he's going to win them the WC. This team is gash. The whole hype is entirely built around his name and that run that must have involved decent bit of luck. They'll probably go out tonight but regardless a team this poor is not winning the WC. They'd get beaten easily by England or France if they made the final.
Like England would be favorites going into a final with an injury-free Argentina.

Hoof the ball

What does the text say?
Crude translation: " For those who don't know, Van Gaal hates Latinos, he made life miserable for Riquelme and DI Maria. He said that Messi is one less and I didn't touch it in 2014. Messi dedicates it to Roman Riquelme! It was a match with a historical anger against Van Gaal. "

fergosaurus

That's really petty and classless from Messi. Disappointing that he's lowered himself to this type of behaviour when all the talk should be of the magic he produced on the pitch.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yeah, as if the Dutch were saints, talking before the game, doing their shithousery especially Dumfries during the penalties, everyone behaves good right? :lol:

Keep talking. Argentina plays hard, but before the matches we respect everyone. They were clearly mad against them for everything they said during the week.
I'm really not sure what they said against them during the week, but I know what Argentina fans have been saying about Mbappe and France, or how they behaved four years ago when we bounced you guys out, and how they behaved during this game. Maybe it was warranted and if it was then fair play, I don't know, but your nation's team has definitely been acting like pricks whether it's warranted or not at times.

Either way, congratulations getting to the semi-final, and I hope we can do the same and meet up in the final so we can bounce you guys out again four years later. ;)

avgp_1

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Loving this version of Messi. He has gone full Maradona. You don't see this in club football

Rojow

So delicate, my God. You don't know the context, do you?

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Loving this version of Messi. He has gone full Maradona. You don't see this in club football
Yup this (worse) version is more appreciated in Argentina than he ever was at his peak.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Why would Messi awesome Weghorst could understand spanish?
Tbf if you want to talk shit to someone I don't think you let the language barrier get in the way. I'm sure Weghorst got the gist of it.

Hoof the ball

Yup this (worse) version is more appreciated in Argentina than he ever was at his peak.
How frustrating was the game at 2-0?! When Messi played that splendid pass that set you through 3-on-2, all that was needed was a slided ball and it's one-on-one, but somehow it was overpassed for what seemed like the hundredth time in the game. The sloppiness was unreal. To see it actually get back to 2-2. Would have been so disappointing for Messi's WC to go out like that.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Tbf if you want to talk shit to someone I don't think you let the language barrier get in the way. I'm sure Weghorst got the gist of it.
Id would automatically assume he was congratulating me for scoring 2 goals