Lionel Messi | PSG Watch

IFC 1905

I'm really not sure what they said against them during the week, but I know what Argentina fans have been saying about Mbappe and France, or how they behaved four years ago when we bounced you guys out, and how they behaved during this game. Maybe it was warranted and if it was then fair play, I don't know, but your nation's team has definitely been acting like pricks whether it's warranted or not at times.

Either way, congratulations getting to the semi-final, and I hope we can do the same and meet up in the final so we can bounce you guys out again four years later. ;)

Let's see what happens, I don't like talking before the games like you are exactly doing and like Van Gaal and their players did. You're giving me the best example.

Mbappe himself has been talking shit about south american football recently. But then hey, we're the bad guys.

beer&grill

Probably the most overrated player of my time. He’s good but nowhere near even Benzema or peak Suarez. People go on about how Mbappe plays in a farmer league(and rightly so) but cream over Lewy who’s played for the best team by a country mile in a league arguably worse than Ligue 1, who also managed to bottle most of the big games.

Joel Miller

Guy spends years getting grief with people saying he’s lacking in leadership and personality and now he’s getting called a cnut. You’ve got to love it :lol:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Let's see what happens, I don't like talking before the games like you are exactly doing and like Van Gaal and their players did. You're giving me the best example.

Mbappe himself has been talking shit about south american football recently. But then hey, we're the bad guys.
No, he hasn't. He simply said Argentina and Brazil don't deal with as much competition as European countries do in their qualification. That's not exactly what I would consider talking shit, it might be ignorant if you disagree with it, but it's not really disrespectful in the same vein as what I was referring to.

And don't take it so seriously, if you are the bad guys embrace it, it's not as if France is exactly liked either.

Ockham

Supports
Barcelona
Probably the most overrated player of my time. He’s good but nowhere near even Benzema or peak Suarez. People go on about how Mbappe plays in a farmer league(and rightly so) but cream over Lewy who’s played for the best team by a country mile in a league arguably worse than Ligue 1, who also managed to bottle most of the big games.
For crying out loud. Lewandowski has twice the goals/game ratio in CL knockoutgames of Benzema/Suarez. And no. Bundesliga is not arguably worse than Ligue 1 and never has been which also the UEFA coefficient system can give you proof of.

IFC 1905

No, he hasn't. He simply said Argentina and Brazil don't deal with as much competition as European countries do in their qualification. That's not exactly what I would consider talking shit, it might be ignorant if you disagree with it, but it's not really disrespectful in the same vein as what I was referring to.

And don't take it so seriously, if you are the bad guys embrace it, it's not as if France is exactly liked either.

Well, he's disrespecting the rest of the south american teams. You and me we can argue and say that, but he shouldn't talk like that about the other NTs. At least that's my point of view.

beer&grill

For crying out loud. Lewandowski has twice the goals/game ratio in CL knockoutgames of Benzema/Suarez. And no. Bundesliga is not arguably worse than Ligue 1 and never has been which also the UEFA coefficient system can give you proof of.
It’s not all about the goals. Benzema has got technique that would make tons of midfielders jealous. Carried a weakened Real side in UCL, something that Lewy has never done, he was just a good piece in an outstanding machinery.

Suarez carried a poor Liverpool side to 2nd place in the PL. A Liverpool team who were consistently finishing mid table.

Also, I’m sure Benzema would’ve had more UCL goals if he hadn’t been forced to play second string to CR. Lewy was the focal point of the attack.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's incredible that he has a chance to win 2 Golden Balls.

No one has won it more than once. He looked so poor vs Saudi Arabia, I was worried he'd have a shocking WC, but he's played better and better in every game since.

Stadjer

No one has won it more than once. He looked so poor vs Saudi Arabia, I was worried he'd have a shocking WC, but he's played better and better in every game since.
If England knock out Mbappe than Messi will have a good chance to win it

Eddy_JukeZ

Even if France get to the final, if Argentina beat them and Messi had a good game, he'll win it then too in my opinion.

Pirlo was going win it at the Euros in 2012, but he had a poor final and Italy got thumped and then it went to Iniesta(who had a fine tournament as well).

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
How frustrating was the game at 2-0?! When Messi played that splendid pass that set you through 3-on-2, all that was needed was a slided ball and it's one-on-one, but somehow it was overpassed for what seemed like the hundredth time in the game. The sloppiness was unreal. To see it actually get back to 2-2. Would have been so disappointing for Messi's WC to go out like that.
I ( As someone who enjoys the tactical side of the game) could find the beauty in the Dutch freekick.. My partner (Who doesn't care about any of that shit at all) well she had an absolute meltdown :lol:

I also have to say I'm a huge fan of football shithousery so I also enjoyed some of the antics off the ball but all in all a good (if massively stress inducing) experience.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Argentina have possibly the best defence in the competition and a solid midfield. Messi gives them that edge though.
:lol: Best defence, what! Being full bloodied and committed to challenges is not great defending. They threw away a 2 goal lead to some Stoke City footy. SA hammered them on the counter. Aus nearly scored 2 to equalized in the Ro16 too. Their defence is dodgy. The likes of Dembele and Mbappe should have no problems carving them open.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Really "carries" Argentina, just like Modric "carries" Croatia. Great players do have this burden and thrive.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Nah @IFC 1905, Argentina are definitely the least likeable team remaining in the competition. Martinez, Acuna, Romero, Otamendi, Paredes, Di Maria, De Paul, Correa are all footballers it's VERY easy to dislike.

It's a shame they resort to cheating for 60 minutes after some Messi magic, because they looked quite good in the 2nd half of ET when they needed to score!

mav_9me

The slo mo replays of his assist are nuts. At no point did he look in the direction of the pass he eventually made. Which was pin-point accurate. The dude is a magician.
Any replays anywhere? Looking for it. Thanks anyone.

Pocho

Nah @IFC 1905, Argentina are definitely the least likeable team remaining in the competition. Martinez, Acuna, Romero, Otamendi, Paredes, Di Maria, De Paul, Correa are all footballers it's VERY easy to dislike.

It's a shame they resort to cheating for 60 minutes after some Messi magic, because they looked quite good in the 2nd half of ET when they needed to score!
Lisandro ?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Even if France get to the final, if Argentina beat them and Messi had a good game, he'll win it then too in my opinion.

Pirlo was going win it at the Euros in 2012, but he had a poor final and Italy got thumped and then it went to Iniesta(who had a fine tournament as well).
If it comes to a France-Argentina final, while anything can happen, I really don't think Argentina can deal with this French side. England is a much tougher opponent tomorrow IMO than Argentina. We knocked them out 4 years ago, and while we had Pogba-Kante, I think the team overall was weaker than what we have this year.

omgomglol

:lol: Best defence, what! Being full bloodied and committed to challenges is not great defending. They threw away a 2 goal lead to some Stoke City footy. SA hammered them on the counter. Aus nearly scored 2 to equalized in the Ro16 too. Their defence is dodgy. The likes of Dembele and Mbappe should have no problems carving them open.
Yet again, he isn't wrong:

They've had 71 shots and 30 shots on target, but they've only had 22 shots and 6 on target against them in just 5 games. They're not conceding a lot of chances or shots, but the other teams have been pretty clinical against them.

Are we talking about the same France that kinda struggled against Poland for large parts of the game? Mbappe had to bail them out with 2 wonder strikes. That same France? Also, that same France conceded against Poland, and Argentina kept that same Poland down to 4 shots all game.

omgomglol

If it comes to a France-Argentina final, while anything can happen, I really don't think Argentina can deal with this French side. England is a much tougher opponent tomorrow IMO than Argentina. We knocked them out 4 years ago, and while we had Pogba-Kante, I think the team overall was weaker than what we have this year.
And that Argentina team was much weaker, and they actually have a decent coach now. Since 2019, they've gone on a 36-game unbeaten run.... whilst winning the Copa America. They also destroyed the Euro winners.

Seriously, people are not giving this Argentina team much credit. They're not admitting that they're actually hard to beat and can actually win the World Cup.

redcafe_reader

I know no one "deserve" a World Cup but I really hope Messi win it this time. An indisputable best player for the last 20 years and I don't think any other player "carry" their team as hard as him this tournament. Would be a fitting end to a great career.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Bundesliga has zero competition way worse than Ligue 1 with Bayern winning all 10 titles in the last 10 years (also with no other German team winning something in Europe). If that's not the definition of 1-team farmers league, I don't know what is.

Put Aguero, Benzema, Suarez etc. at that Bayern, they would all break records in that league..

genardk

Supports
Juventus
This Argentina is way better than the previous defense/midfield poor version, that 2018 team was probably the worst Argentina squad of the last I don't know 40-50 years..

GinobiliTheGOAT

I’d be terrified of mbappe

GinobiliTheGOAT

what Argentina is good at is facing the least amount of shots in the entire tourney so far. But I agree, mbappe is going to be a handful

amolbhatia50k

what Argentina is good at is facing the least amount of shots in the entire tourney so far. But I agree, mbappe is going to be a handful
That really surprises me. Fair play I didn't this was the case. Maybe the teams they've played are also a factor? Their group was really easy

amolbhatia50k

Argentina would lose to either. Both have so much more quality. All this fairytale stuff and the huge support is fine but quality tells imo

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral

Tbh argentinian press has always talked shit before games in the past, making fun of small teams and predicting"easy wins", which is why many in southamerica even cheered for Germany in 2014.

Good thing is that after so many finals loss they stopped doing it, but goddamm argentinian press really was annoying during the 2002-2016 period.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Bundesliga has zero competition way worse than Ligue 1 with Bayern winning all 10 titles in the last 10 years (also with no other German team winning something in Europe). If that's not the definition of 1-team farmers league, I don't know what is.

Put Aguero, Benzema, Suarez etc. at that Bayern, they would all break records in that league..
How is it way worse then Ligue 1 if before PSG Ligue 1 was competing with Portugal for the 5th best league and for many years was behind Portugal.

Or is the Portuguese league better then the bundesliga.

If you grab the standings from 21/22 and make each team face each other from ligue 1 and bundesliga (1st V 1st 2nd V 2nd and so on) I have no doubt the Germans would win 90% of the games.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
How is it way worse then Ligue 1 if before PSG Ligue 1 was competing with Portugal for the 5th best league and for many years was behind Portugal.

Or is the Portuguese league better then the bundesliga.

If you grab the standings from 21/22 and make each team face each other from ligue 1 and bundesliga (1st V 1st 2nd V 2nd and so on) I have no doubt the Germans would win 90% of the games.
What I meant is you have teams like Lyon, Monaco winning Ligue 1 in the last 5-6 years in Ligue 1 unlike Bundesliga where you have the guaranteed winner, meaning zero competition at the top level. In Ligue 1, at least, there is some competition at the top though still low, but in Bundesliga it is basically non-existent.

Winning Bundesliga with Bayern is nothing special, being the top goal-scorer at Bayern is not Ballon D'or worthy as Bundesliga is a 1-team farmers league (I say farmers because some tend to call Ligue 1 farmers league too).

This is total BS..

2021-2022 CL: Lille - Wolfsburg 0-0 / Wolfsburg-Lille 1-3
2020-2021 CL: Bayern - PSG 2-3 / PSG - Bayern 0-1

Glorio

If England start Rashford for the rest of the games, which it's possible they may start doing to give them more of a threat on a counter against the better sides, he has a good chance of winning it :drool:

cyberman

Bruno’s been better imo. Close but Bruno has been electric

Trezeguet17

Isn‘t Frankfurt the reigning Euro League winner?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Cute little jump for that. Wonder what Van Gaal said to piss him off.