g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Lionel Messi | PSG Watch

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
You are mentioning an athletic aspect that is irrelevant to a footballer (100m sprint) and one that is marginal to an attacking playmaker/scorer (vertical leap), while ignoring the athletic aspects that are actually important

Question, are you american? Because that would explain a lot
No I'm not. I just don't agree with what you're saying and it's clear other people don't agree.

Last edited:

wr8_utd

:'(
After the PR disaster with Vinicious Jr. this is a golden opportunity for Tebas to deflect some heat. Expect it to happen.
Tebas is more likely to find another way to oppose Barca than help them with this.

Cloud7

It would be nice to see him go back to Barcelona. Back to the club where it all began.

His last victory over Ronaldo would be going back to the club that made him and not allowing it to turn into a debacle and turning himself into a figure of hate.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It would be nice to see him go back to Barcelona. Back to the club where it all began.

His last victory over Ronaldo would be going back to the club that made him and not allowing it to turn into a debacle and turning himself into a figure of hate.
Dunno he left the club at 34 after a individually hot season and went on to win another Ballon D'or. He will be 36 in the next window and performances go rapidly down hill mostly at his age. He might go to Barca to be able to retire from Europe there but he could very well be shit.

mandroid

Supports
Barcelona
I wish he goes to EPL. He would score/assist for fun in that league. Man city seems a good destination. Pep is well entrenched there, team is doing great. Messi can be easily adjuted there, winning titles.

Gehrman

I wish he goes to EPL. He would score/assist for fun in that league. Man city seems a good destination. Pep is well entrenched there, team is doing great. Messi can be easily adjuted there, winning titles.
Dont you support Barcelona? And you want Messi to go to City?

mandroid

Supports
Barcelona
Dont you support Barcelona? And you want Messi to go to City?
I am, but Messi is type of player every top league must experience. He has no limitations, he would prosper eveywhere. EPL is a top league and deserves Messi, even for just one season. And then it gives him a chance to shutup Ronaldo fanboys too, though they are already in hiding since world cup.

Traub

Wasted two years there
He won the world cup during those two years, so doubt he will view it as a waste (and made a shit ton of money).

Perhaps playing there allowed him to not put in as much effort week in week out, meaning he wasn't as tired when the world cup came around?

cyberman

He won the world cup during those two years, so doubt he will view it as a waste (and made a shit ton of money).

Perhaps playing there allowed him to not put in as much effort week in week out, meaning he wasn't as tired when the world cup came around?
To be fair he wasn’t exactly taxing himself during his last few years at Barca.
France is a very physical league from what I see.

Traub

To be fair he wasn’t exactly taxing himself during his last few years at Barca.
France is a very physical league from what I see.
That's true. Either way, the World Cup win probably outweighs anything else he would've achieved during the two years at another club.

Gehrman

I am, but Messi is type of player every top league must experience. He has no limitations, he would prosper eveywhere. EPL is a top league and deserves Messi, even for just one season. And then it gives him a chance to shutup Ronaldo fanboys too, though they are already in hiding since world cup.
He's 36 in a few weeks. I think prime Messi in the pl would be awesome rather than Messi who's eying his semi retirement. I always find it unbelievable when people believe certain players can keep up their top lvl no matter the age.

Eddy_JukeZ

Hope he stays in Europe.

He's still one of the 3-4 best players in the world.

A good summer break and he can probably have a final swansong club season.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
What an embarrassment, Messi era at PSG summed up PSG 2 - 0 up, Clermont miss a penalty at 2 - 1, Messi blasts a clear chance over. Clermont win 3 - 2. Barely breaks a sweat during the game. He's probably done at the top level and if he goes back to Barcelona then we'll likely see that. More likely will take the €200m+ like Karim.

BorisManUtd

Would be nice if he goes back to Barca for a year or two and then to Arabia or whatever but seems like he could leave Europe this summer.

izec

He should not go back. Barca are dumb to want him back, he is done at the top level. The World Cup squeezed the last of him.

Korwas

Would be fascinating to see him back at Barca. Could see him both in retirement mode or just get motivated and just become the best player in the world again.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Its the only club he could do it for but a top quality player for winning all that was available for him.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He should not go back. Barca are dumb to want him back, he is done at the top level. The World Cup squeezed the last of him.
I don’t think he is “done“ but severely lacks motivation. Granted, he won’t be playing 90 minutes for 40+ games a season anymore but he still has some magic left. Playing for Barca is probably the only option to motivate him again.

KeanoMagicHat

Messi should probably retire. The highest of highs winning the World Cup in December. Could have retired on the spot, or at least from club football and played those homecoming friendlies. How do you motivate yourself at that age after you’ve achieved everything?

Gehrman

I don’t think he is “done“ but severely lacks motivation. Granted, he won’t be playing 90 minutes for 40+ games a season anymore but he still has some magic left. Playing for Barca is probably the only option to motivate him again.
I think his legs are about done and yeah honestly why shouldnt he retire or semi retire at this point.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Messi should probably retire. The highest of highs winning the World Cup in December. Could have retired on the spot, or at least from club football and played those homecoming friendlies. How do you motivate yourself at that age after you’ve achieved everything?
€200m+ a year In Saudi will pad his retirement out nicely. Pay for a new private jet and a couple more houses. Decent motivation... when the results don't really matter anyway.

wr8_utd

:'(
I think his legs are about done and yeah honestly why shouldnt he retire or semi retire at this point.
I don't think his legs are quite done but he severely lacks motivation at this point. The first half of this season and the World Cup, he was unbelievable. I think if he does go to Barca he still might have some motivation to produce his best but if he goes to MLS or Saudi, it'll be more of the last few months.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Very interested to see where he is heading to in weeks time.

Money - Saudi
Romance - Barca
Celebrity Lifestyle - MLS

Or maybe he might just say feck this shite, I'll call it a day and announce retirement as WC/Ballon D'or winner.

Gehrman

I don't think his legs are quite done but he severely lacks motivation at this point. The first half of this season and the World Cup, he was unbelievable. I think if he does go to Barca he still might have some motivation to produce his best but if he goes to MLS or Saudi, it'll be more of the last few months.
Its hard to be abolutely sure at this time. Scholes and Giggs were happy to be squad rotation options and they overstayed their welcome, especially Giggs for a few years. I dont think Messi just wants to be able to do a job somewhere in Europe. He knows the world is watching and social media these days is toxic. A wise choice would be to go into semi retirement and well semi retire on a high having won his holy grail and has become a national hero on par with Maradona.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Its the only club he could do it for but a top quality player for winning all that was available for him.
You don't describe the greatest player ever and arguably the greatest sportsman ever as a 'top quality player'. That's a description for someone like Martin Odegaard.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He was not. Nice stats for sure, yeah, a couple of very good games when the defenders weren't constantly on him but he had anonymous performances in the CL and got bullied by Ligue 1 defenders far too many time. You can make a great highlight reel out of some magical moments but overall, he was far from unbelievable in the 1st half of the season. For a player that walks 90% of the time, it's just not enough.

He would have a very hard time in the premier league unless he only plays once every 2 games or so. He's done at the highest level as a permanent starter.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Overall a pretty forgettable two years at PSG.