Lionel Messi transfer rumors

Traub

5 years at 30m for a total of 150m. Not bad when you consider what worse players go for before salaries.
Yeah that package is probably the same as the Pogba and Lukaku ones in total. Definitely worth it

Sterling Archer

I think the best thing for him to do would be to join PSG for laughs. Might get Neymar to join us after all.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Messi is a cule through & through, he'll leave if the board remains due to utter mismanagement but he'd never go to a direct rival much less the enemy. City, is Barcelona lite with Pep, Txiki, Soriano et al but most importantly ownership that will support the sporting project. Doesn't hurt that they have deep pockets either
What is a cule???

It would be good to see Messi take on a new challenge somewhere. I think it will be rare that you get an elite player stay at one team in one league for all his career in the coming years.

Win another league, Leo.

Going to the same stadiums every season surely gets predictable.

KingMinger22

I don't really think that Woody and the Glazer's would put up the sort of money in 2018 that would be needed to compete for his signature, in the mythical situation that he wanted to leave.

His signing on fee would probably be over £100 million.

Do not rule out him leaving. He could secure a financial package the likes of which have never been seen in sport (bar Mayweather).

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
What is a cule???
Supporter of club FC Barcelona.

It would be good to see Messi take on a new challenge somewhere. I think it will be rare that you get an elite player stay at one team in one league for all his career in the coming years.

Win another league, Leo.

Going to the same stadiums every season surely gets predictable.
Good for whom? :lol: You? Haters? I'm sure many would be thrilled for him to leave

As I have said before, everything is contingent on what happens next with this board and socis (Club members) have a direct role to play in this despite both local sporting papers (via Grupo Godó) putting out propaganda

You're from Chicago? I love that town, was home for years

KingMinger22

You're from Chicago? I love that town, was home for years
England originally but have been her for five years. Chicago is a great town, for sure.

Can't see Messi leaving, but if he did I would think it would be to City, unfortunately.

Luke1995

How much would he cost in the current state of the market ? His release clause is cheaper than Ronaldo's right ?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
How much would he cost in the current state of the market ? His release clause is cheaper than Ronaldo's right ?
current release clause apparently £250m new release clause on the agreed contract due to be signed £300m - I wouldnt be surprised if the delay is Barca looking to make that a lot higher

Trizy

Could see PSG and City offering him something mental like $100m signing on fee and $1m a week wages. I'd actually like to see him go to PSG just for the banter.
He'd be worth that for City though. I've said it before, he is key for City in becoming a house hold name. Their status would increase over night, people would watch them to see Messi, shirts would pop up every where and he'd win them the league and possibly CL further cementing their place among the elite clubs.

Let's face it, at the moment they're completely irrelevant. No one cares when they won the league either time. Even Pep knows this so he is desperate.

Last edited:

The Firestarter

He'd be worth that for City though. I've said it before, he is key for City in becoming a house whole name. Their status would increase over night, people would watch them to see Messi, shirts would pop up every where and he'd win them the league and possibly CL further cementing their place among the elite clubs.

Let's face it, at the moment they're completely irrelevant. No one cares when they won the league either time. Even Pep knows this so he is desperate.
:lol:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
No one cares when they won the league either time.
This is certainly true; both times they won it, they weren't the story - it was that United and then Liverpool failed to win the title.

stepic

He'd be worth that for City though. I've said it before, he is key for City in becoming a house whole name. Their status would increase over night, people would watch them to see Messi, shirts would pop up every where and he'd win them the league and possibly CL further cementing their place among the elite clubs.

im not sure city would win the cl even with Messi. i mean he hasn't won it with barca for awhile. and he's leaving his prime. plus city's problems aren't their attack.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Messi would be amazing to see. I hope he comes to the premiership and United. C'mon Lionel.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
We have backing of Adidas. That could make us strong contenders for his signature. He's also perfect upgrade for Mata in that right wing/10 role.

Why spunk 92 on bale when you can go for Messi.

El Zoido

Head in the clouds stuff. We better hope he signs an extension with Barca because if he leaves he's going to City and nowhere else.

dannofdawn

This is certainly true; both times they won it, they weren't the story - it was that United and then Liverpool failed to win the title.
Give it another 5 years of us not winning it, us losing won't be the main story then. We would be the new Liverpool, but possibly worst given our reputation, supposed draw to attract top players and financial might.

Treble

Head in the clouds stuff. We better hope he signs an extension with Barca because if he leaves he's going to City and nowhere else.
Very true. Messi blossomed under Pep und Pep's philosophy is perfect for him. Why would he want to take risks at this stage of his career and try his luck in a different system? The trouble with Argentina is enough.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Messi would be amazing to see. I hope he comes to the premiership and United. C'mon Lionel.
As long as he he doesn't sign for united, I think Im on board with this.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's not coming here.
Anyone that doesn't believe me should educate themselves on the size of his contract agreement with Barca. You then include sign on bonuses and agent payments.
It's simple, we can't afford him. Hope he signs an extension.

Ace of Spades

He is likely going to stay at Barca, this is probably done to put pressure on the board.

Now with Neymar gone, they can give him an even bigger contract.

Adisa

He is likely going to stay at Barca, this is probably done to put pressure on the board.

Now with Neymar gone, they can give him an even bigger contract.
Pressure on the board to do what...resign?
These guys have shown time and time they don't give a feck.
I think for both football and financial reasons, he would seriously consider leaving.
Looking at everything, he could easily conclude that this Barca side won't compete with Madrid regardless of him staying.
Tbh, I'm starting to worry he's off to City.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He'd be worth that for City though. I've said it before, he is key for City in becoming a house hold name. Their status would increase over night, people would watch them to see Messi, shirts would pop up every where and he'd win them the league and possibly CL further cementing their place among the elite clubs.

I have a feeling messi will fall from grace out of barcelona setup.

Still a tremendous player by his own class but i dont think we'll ever see the demi god messi ever again.

Parry Gallister

Think he's playing hardball, can't see him actually leaving at this point, only two destinations that can afford all the hidden costs, fees and bonuses surrounding him.

If he did go to City though, have to agree that it would actually put them on the map and help to start cementing them properly as a 'big club' in people's eyes, even if he doesn't perform at the same level.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Pressure on the board to do what...resign?
These guys have shown time and time they don't give a feck.
I think for both football and financial reasons, he would seriously consider leaving.
Looking at everything, he could easily conclude that this Barca side won't compete with Madrid regardless of him staying.
Tbh, I'm starting to worry he's off to City.
Vote of no-confidence.

Aza Boy

I have a feeling messi will fall from grace out of barcelona setup.

Still a tremendous player by his own class but i dont think we'll ever see the demi god messi ever again.
Waiting for that day. Hope he choose EPL.

And all the fanboy who thinks he will play a god-like football in England soil can see with their eyes. Messi outside Barca is not the same player. Watched NT in mid-week, that he is now.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Waiting for that day. Hope he choose EPL.

And all the fanboy who thinks he will play a god-like football in England soil can see with their eyes. Messi outside Barca is not the same player. Watched NT in mid-week, that he is now.
National teams are a completely different ball game due to multitude of factors, and Argentina has been a mess for quite a while. They actually have a competent manager now after god knows how much time, they might end up being a positive surprise in the next WC.

This whole argument makes zero sense, he is good enough to shine against Arsenal, City, and United in Europe but somehow he will struggle against WBA and Stoke City? I would prefer him staying at Barcelona, but a small part of me would like him to move to the PL just to shut up naysayers once and for all.

Reactions: Sly

Tarrou

He's not coming here.
Anyone that doesn't believe me should educate themselves on the size of his contract agreement with Barca. You then include sign on bonuses and agent payments.
It's simple, we can't afford him. Hope he signs an extension.
We make more money than Barca, how come they can afford him and we can't?

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
That's weird. I still see the Aguero goal on TV and discussed frequently all the time 5 years on. I don't remember the United goal v Sunderland personally.

Adisa

We make more money than Barca, how come they can afford him and we can't?
His salary is already a huge chunk of the budget. So there's reduced transaction cost of keeping him.
I can't see us throwing a €400m operation at a player who would be 31 at the time.