Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Would've been amazing to see him play like 5 feet away! Arghhhh!
I used to have a seat in the fourth row from the front behind the goal line at Stamford Bridge, when he had his altercation with Asier Del Horno it was directly in front of me.

Also whilst sitting in that seat I once got struck with a stray shot from George Weah, that's right, I've had a ball kicked at me by a world player of the year - beat that.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That video is class haha... The way he was just walking alone for a few seconds and then bam, full on carnage.

Devilton

Even then the whole argument for "take away the team" is completely rediculous. When do the worlds best players ever not play in the best teams?
Diego Maradona did.

Without Maradona, both Napoli and Argentina were just decent/good teams. His presence made them great and ultimately made them winners. Messi is undoubtedly one of the best player in the world, but his performances for Barca and for Argentina highlight why he's not yet achieved the status of Maradona (even though he's won just about everything there is to win at club level).

Could still happen though. Messi obviously has the talent and in a four years time I would expect Argentina to have a squad good enough to win the world cup with Messi leading the way.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I used to have a seat in the fourth row from the front behind the goal line at Stamford Bridge, when he had his altercation with Asier Del Horno it was directly in front of me.

Also whilst sitting in that seat I once got struck with a stray shot from George Weah, that's right, I've had a ball kicked at me by a world player of the year - beat that.
I have touched and spoken to a world player of the year named George Weah:D

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It's too easy for him. He should join United and play in a league that actually cares about competition. The Spanish league is an utter joke.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
It's too easy for him. He should join United and play in a league that actually cares about competition. The Spanish league is an utter joke.
the other day an argie journo asked messi about that, he said he will admit the english defenses are better when someone scores four goals against arsenal in the same game like he did not six months ago

till that, he will still consider la liga challenging enough :smirk:

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
the other day an argie journo asked messi about that, he said he will admit the english defenses are better when someone scores four goals against arsenal in the same game

:lol:

Class!

Marcos you saw Maradona in his prime, is Messi as good as him?

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
:lol:

Class!

Marcos you saw Maradona in his prime, is Messi as good as him?
messi has everything to be as good as maradona, he still needs to prove some pints

btw, maradona played for barcelona with not much impact, and to say that argentina wasn't a good team in 1986 is nowing nothing about argentinian players

Boss

messi has everything to be as good as maradona, he still needs to prove some pints

btw, maradona played for barcelona with not much impact, and to say that argentina wasn't a good team in 1986 is nowing nothing about argentinian players
Indeed, watching Messi do this week in and week out, it boggles the mind to know there was someone better

but like you said he still has some things to prove, and this time around with the new coach I think he can do it

Striker10

the other day an argie journo asked messi about that, he said he will admit the english defenses are better when someone scores four goals against arsenal in the same game like he did not six months ago

come back when someones scored 22 goals in England by mid november :lol:...

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

How come you post only someone has a go against Messi? :lol:

Treble

How many goals has Messi scored this calendar year thus far?

40? 50?

Striker10

that simply wont happen, because there's not a player like messi in the premier league
Ronaldo was but not even he got close to that. Don't get me wrong here. There is a reason why I said United.....;) you and your hot blood missed a key point. I'm aware he would be brilliant here but I do think the league offers tougher challenges as a whole. Its just to easy for Barca and Madrid. The defendings abit poofy if you ask me. There is a chasm after Madrid and Barcalona. There is something valid about tackling and kicking a player. You don't see many goals where someone beats 10 men and scores here. You say it's because no one can do it. That's a challenge isn't it?

There are the reasons why players should test themselves. It would be easy to stay at Barca and probably be the greatest player ever. It would be the easiest thing in the world for him.

B Cantona

Desperate
The state of the Spanish league at the moment is going to tarnish these records somewhat. Clearly it's a much easier league for Barcelona and Madrid than ours is for us, Chelsea and Arsenal. Ok the top Spanish sides might be better than the top English sides, but I don't for a second think they both have the record they do this season against English teams, who are far stronger than lower league Spanish sides

Boss

The state of the Spanish league at the moment is going to tarnish these records somewhat. Clearly it's a much easier league for Barcelona and Madrid than ours is for us, Chelsea and Arsenal. Ok the top Spanish sides might be better than the top English sides, but I don't for a second think they both have the record they do this season against English teams, who are far stronger than lower league Spanish sides

He makes it look piss easy to be fair

Spoony

The People's President
Which is why I'm against clubs negotiating their own TV deals.

Striker10

basically i just want him at United ...:D feck the haters

Striker10

Marcos it's too easy for him. Let's buy back ronaldo, tap messi up and learn to get along :)

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Marcos it's too easy for him. Let's buy back ronaldo, tap messi up and learn to get along :)
i rather have ronaldo than messi, but thats not my point at all, i'd react the same way if some of you say that ronaldo has it too easy in la liga

my point is that la liga is not that bad and that the premier league back of the table teams are not that good

Status
Not open for further replies.