Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

So Messi and his father just pulled LaLiga's card and flatly denied the existence of a 700m clause this season meaning he' would be free to leave...

Basically called them liars publicly,the situation is just now hotting up to the contrary of those who thought it was over :lol:

Feels like this situation only being resolved in court is inevitable, shame really but I appreciate the shitshow at Barcelona's expense. Their years of pushing a holier than thou image of purity and seeing that image being exposed as gutter fraud and smashed to tatters is beautiful to see

Last edited:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Messi - Hit 'Em Up

First off feck La Liga and your 700 mill claim...

:lol:

How I wish someone could put Messi and his dad in that vid.

Pep's Suit

So they accused both the club and the league of lying. It just has to end now.

Hulksmash

He cant go back to Barcelona now. He is practically at war against Barcelona and La Liga

Amerifan

Bridge burnt. Betting this ends up in the courts and Messi plays no where this season. Everyone loses.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Isn't he something like 40 odd goals away from breaking a really famous landmark of most goals at one club or something like that? Maybe it's Pele's record I'm not sure. Seem to remember reading something like that fairly recently.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It has been said million times and still needs repeating. What a shitshow of a club.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Isn't he something like 40 odd goals away from breaking a really famous landmark of most goals at one club or something like that? Maybe it's Pele's record I'm not sure. Seem to remember reading something like that fairly recently.
Personally I've never seen Messi as being as obessed with breaking goal records as Ronaldo. I'm sure he enjoys all his records, but the fact that he's happy to hand over penalties to Suarez or others when they are low on form seems that he's not overly concerned that.

Squeaky Bumtime

They must be laughing their heads of at Madrid. After going only for shiniest toys out there they turned to young, good players, let Ronaldo go and won the league. In the same time it's only getting worse and worse at Barcelona.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
La liga responds again, saying that the Messi are making a decontextualized interpretation of the contract and away from literality

Robertd0803

So Messi and his father just pulled LaLiga's card and flatly denied the existence of a 700m clause this season meaning he' would be free to leave...

Basically called them liars publicly,the situation is just now hotting up to the contrary of those who thought it was over :lol:

Feels like this situation only being resolved in court is inevitable, shame really but I appreciate the shitshow at Barcelona's expense. Their years of pushing a holier than thou image of purity and seeing that image being exposed as gutter fraud and smashed to tatters is beautiful to see
It certainly is. No sympathy at all for them.

It has been said million times and still needs repeating. What a shitshow of a club.
How much is Messi tarnishing his reputation with the Barca fans with this? I can imagine not everyone fully supports him somehow if our own experiences with Ronaldo and Rooney are anything to go by.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Typical Messi, walking mercenary looking for money. Ruined his legacy.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
How much is Messi tarnishing his reputation with the Barca fans with this? I can imagine not everyone fully supports him somehow if our own experiences with Ronaldo and Rooney are anything to go by.
Messi fanbois won't admit but he certainly is not coming out looking good here. On balance of things Bartomeu camp is far worse but Messi should have tried to handle it differently, behind the scenes to start with at least.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Jorge Messi answers to la liga saying that Messi doesn't have 700m€ clause
Messi's Lawyers previously represented Barcelona and surely wrote the contract.

They must have a very good idea if the release clause can be activated, even if they have to go to court to do it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I just don't think free release clauses should be allowed to be written into a contract anyway. You're either in contract or you're not. Set price release clauses I can understand but free transfers are for players out of contract surely?

If you want out of your contract, either terminate it yourself and wave goodbye to the money or let it run down.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Se queda, according to tyc sports
Certainly doesn't seem like he's accepting that at all :lol:

I think the press are just guessing from both angles at the moment, but it seems Messi is trying to force them to let him leave on a free.

if not I think he stays 1 more year and walks for free.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Just can’t see it going to court. Both sides will compromise and he’ll leave for a fee.
It just cant be feasible he is in court Monday to Friday against FC Barca and playing for them at the weekend
Either the president goes and he agrees to stay or he has to go ... I just cant see how its viable for him to carry on at Barca with legal action ongoing

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Just can’t see it going to court. Both sides will compromise and he’ll leave for a fee.
My feeling is Barcelona and La Liga won't have a leg to stand on once the full text of this clause comes out. They were relying on bullying him in to staying by making him take them to court to enforce it?

Cuatrecasas surely wrote his contract and are now representing him instead of Barcelona. They wouldn't write this letter to La Liga if they didn't think they could win in court quite easily?

Looks like Bartomeu is again responsible for the whole fiasco by allowing this clause in the contract and then trying to refuse to honour it?

How is Messi harming his legacy if he's just exercising his contract as written and agreed to?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

I think the press are just guessing from both angles at the moment, but it seems Messi is trying to force them to let him leave on a free.

Wasn't TyC the one who started off him leaving in the first place? Or one of the first to anyway.

Adam-Utd

Wasn't TyC the one who started off him leaving in the first place? Or one of the first to anyway.
Perhaps, but the Messi's literally released a statement an hour ago saying they don't believe the release clause and want to leave on a free.

Now suddenly they think he is staying? not sure things would change that fast.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

The source is good. I think there is a video recorded by him that will appear soon. His "decisión" :D.
I wonder if he will be aggressive in the statement

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
What a loser. A true GOAT is a one-club man.

Adam-Utd

The source is good. I think there is a video recorded by him that will appear soon. His "decisión" :D.
I wonder if he will be aggressive in the statement
I read that, but that "news" came from before the Messi's announced their last statement?

This saga is very confusing. Thank god it's nothing to do with us for once :D

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can you really blame the guy for wanting to join City? I believe he was a huge Rosler n Goater fan as a kid in Argentina. And his trademark dribble....where do you think he first saw that? Kinkladze obviously. He's a massive Bertie Blue is Leo. Knows all the words to bluemoon and loves an inflatable banana.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I read that, but that "news" came from before the Messi's announced their last statement?

This saga is very confusing. Thank god it's nothing to do with us for once :D
Perhaps he will say "I reiterate that I have no clause but I am staying ,not to face my club in court" or that is one of the hypotheses

clarkydaz

i must say this is absolutely delicious to follow. Just needs the drums from Eastenders after every update

Paul_Scholes18

Greedy dwarf! Just leave next summer instead. I think Barca fans should turn on Pep too. He is pulling the strings from behind with no morals.

Squeaky Bumtime

This. First put Barcelona in financial ruin with insane wages and player power, now leaves them in the most acrimonious way possible.
I'm sure it wasnt his wages which put Barcelona in financial ruin.

Also I'm not sure how is this ruining his legacy. He wants to leave cause he's had enough. Some of the blame for the whole situation is on the board if not the most.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Perhaps he will say "I reiterate that I have no clause but I am staying ,not to face my club in court" or that is one of the hypotheses
Is this the biggest story in Spain at the moment? How much coverage is it getting outside of basic news and sports shows?

Status
Not open for further replies.