Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

He allegedly has (had?) a clause on his contract which allowed him to leave on a free. Barca are arguing that's since expired and insist he has a 700million euro release clause, Messi argues otherwise.
More on that reported clause from espnfc

"The debated clause was included in the last contract signed by Messi, in 2017, and stipulated he could leave for nothing at the end of each season as long as he communicated his decision to Barca before June.

A source at Barcelona has told ESPN they firmly believe that Messi's window to leave for free this year has passed, but other reports say Messi's legal team are arguing the extension of the season altered the expiry date of the clause.
Even if it's expired, I highly doubt it's in the clubs best interest to have a protracted and ugly public divorce with their greatest player ever....

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
My girlfriend has been giving me attitude problems all summer and am really thinking about moving on . Imagine signing Messi, the perfect antidote to bridge the transition period.
:lol: This is some fine muppetry.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
More on that reported clause from espnfc

Even if it's expired, I highly doubt it's in the clubs best interest to have a protracted and ugly public divorce with their greatest player ever....
And I believe his legal point here is that due to the extreme circumstances of COVID-19 and the seasons finishing late etc. the clause impliedly runs over from June.

Kaos

This has City written all over it for so many reasons
  1. Pep
  2. They're one of the few clubs that can afford his astronomical wages
  3. The local rivals to Ronaldo's old club
  4. Best chance of real major honours (winning the French league with PSG wouldn't hold a candle to Ronaldo's league triumphs in England or Italy).

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
He allegedly has (had?) a clause on his contract which allowed him to leave on a free. Barca are arguing that's since expired and insist he has a 700million euro release clause, Messi argues otherwise.
My guess would be that the original date in June was based on the end of the season, and they’ll argue that doesn’t apply this year. Assuming there is truth to that detail.

I am just spitballing here, of course.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
This tells me that it’s all just a power play and Messi will eventually get what he wants. He’ll stay at Barca while we get excited over nothing again
Still exciting to see Barca crash and burn, the cnuts.

AJ Bullet

What about the development of Greenwood though, we should say no to Messi....

AfroBuffalo

There ain’t a chance in hell he’ll join us. He wants to leave Barca to be at a better club, we’re not better than Barca. If he comes England he’ll end up at City, I’m guessing Paris though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This is some Machiavellian shit by Messi if it's to force Bartomeu to resign. Talk about player power, fecking hell.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I just can't picture him at a different club. It's just wrong, like wet socks.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
As an American who also closely follows the NFL, I would say that you don't actually understand American football if you think Brady can't take a team to the Super Bowl still. Watch this video so that you can learn a thing or two: .

Also read this article: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/where-will-tom-brady-play-in-2020-chargers-raiders-among-teams-who-could-sign-qb-in-free-agency/#:~:text=Los Angeles Chargers,the antithesis of the Patriots. Tampa Bay were hardly thought to be the primary landing spot until right before Brady announced.
Tom Brady is ass, keep his name out of this thread. He's incredibly overrated and now moves to the most stacked offense in the league while trying to prove he doesn't need help.

cyberman

This tells me that it’s all just a power play and Messi will eventually get what he wants. He’ll stay at Barca while we get excited over nothing again
Balague is talking shit

francobaresi

Anyone who thinks Messi is gonna sign for United seriously needs to give their head a shake :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Tom Brady is ass, keep his name out of this thread. He's incredibly overrated and now moves to the most stacked offense in the league while trying to prove he doesn't need help.
Well this is going to escalate

Rolaholic

Sure the 43 year old making a personal decision for himself for a change after 20 years of sacrificing for the better of his team is at fault here :lol: :rolleyes:

Belichick didn't win anything as a HC before him and I expect that to continue without him

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
This is the ultimate "Break Glass incase of Emergency" button from Messi. It will force the president and whoever else out and Messi will stay.

sport2793

My last Tom Brady related post, no QB could win with the weapons he had in NE. I can't even stand Brady but I can still admit that. Everyone waxes lyrical about Mahomes but he has the best group of skill players I've seen any team assemble in a long time.

Luke1995

Is there that much money in the MLS? He's on £1m/week at Barca apparently
Beckham has a team. And since he's built a big brand for himself in his playing career, he probably has money for the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.