Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavern in the town

Watch everyone be totally wrong and this guy ends up as the DM.

Seems very strange to keep Maguire as captain to bench him. Varane ain't being benched either when he's fit you wouldn't think.
I doubt it. Think we’ll be similar to City in the way they regularly play any two of Stones, Laporte and Dias at centre half. They don’t really have a fixed pairing and it works fine for them.

MrSingh2002

Would change "Varane" to "Varane/Maguire".

I don't even slightly buy the idea that opting against removing the captaincy from Maguire means he will play every week (especially as many club captains aren't guaranteed starters for their side) but games will be coming thick and fast this season and there's a good chance Varane's fitness doesn't hold up either.

Also not at all convinced Malacia starts ahead of Shaw.
Varane with a proper pre season behind him could prove to be beneficial to him having a real run of games. The quality isn't in doubt.

Shaw needs to be put out of his misery and I think Malacia will quickly establish himself as the number one LB.

Within a couple of months I could see Varane, Martinez and Malacia starting and I'd love it...

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
:lol:
Yeah reports are indeed confirm he has made Ajax accept a 40m offer, which you were suggesting he should do. Muppet. :lol:

You're paying jackpot and VDS hasn't prevented you from doing that. You can come back for Antony if you bring jackpot again and otherwise there's nothing VDS will do .

Amsterdam90s

Supports
Ajax
Listened to a Dutch journo speak about him this week. He said the Ajax fans aren't really fussed about him leaving and they think it's a good deal on their behalf. He's liked there but he isn't loved due to not being as technical as the rest of the lads, but is a good defender, which is something we're missing anyway. His height could be an issue though, we already concede from corners for fun so De Gea better start coming off his fecking line!
He is loved and rated. Would love to hear where you get your info. The guy is pure quality. If he is right for the premier league is another thing. As an Ajax fan, we dont care about money on the bank, we would love to keep our good players. And Martinez never played a bad game for us. So this journalist you speak of is shite.

Alemar

Back 5 now looks like...

De Gea
Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia

Bit better than Maguire and Shaw anyway. Now we just need to sell and buy a RB and the defence is set.

2nd team can be

Dalot Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Progress.
It’s interesting that you put Dalot both in the 1st and 2nd team, but isn’t it a little harsh on Bissaka?

r1z3mu

Just saw his skills on youtube. I don;t think ETH will use him as CB. He will be perfect DM. Good tackler, excellent passer and looks like reading game well.

MrSingh2002

It’s interesting that you put Dalot both in the 1st and 2nd team, but isn’t it a little harsh on Bissaka?
I'm assuming AWB is sold or loaned out this summer. I actually think he's the best defensive RB since Gary Neville but he's so poor going forward he doesn't have much of a chance under Ten Hag.

I think we'll get a RB to compete with Dalot for first choice RB.

Chief123

He is better than Timber at the moment, but Timber has a higher potential. And us Ajax fans will always love all of our players, but ajax grown players will always have a small preference over bought players. At ajax we are aware that we are not the end station of our player (sadly) but homegrown players. They are the children of the club. Bit we are still gutted that martinez is going to Man Utd, but at the same time we are happy for him. He gace his all to us, now he will give his all to ManUtd. And Most ajax supporters have a soft spot for Man Utd
Nice post. Hopefully it’ll work out better than the DVB transfer has so far.

Scholsey2004

Or play Martinez as CDM or a back 3? The positives are that Martinez is versatile and that ETH knows his strengths. Maybe we can recoup 20m by selling Lindelöf?
We'd probably play Martinez and Varane at CB with de Jong dropping in alongside them when we play out from the back to create an overload. Its what we were doing in yesterdays friendly (different personnel, obviously).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd just like to high-light the below twitter account that recognised the potential of the player whilst he was playing in Argentina. A very knowledgeable person as well regarding the game.

city-puma

We overpaid again but not by a ridiculous amount. I feel his versatility is the true asset to us and an important add on to the squad to implement ETH’s plan quickly. It seems the money is most likely to be proved well spent.

Vapor trail

First I've seen him looks good on the ball and quite aggressive. I wouldn't be surprised that if Maguire starts the season in 3rd gear that Martinez gets the nod over him. ETH doesn't seem like the character of Ole to put so much faith in a player despite them being woefully out of form.

allen7

Great signing, looks a proper mascherano or pique like signing. Happy that he personally pushed this deal , sure he’s gonna be a fan favourite too

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We overpaid again but not by a ridiculous amount. I feel his versatility is the true asset to us and an important add on to the squad to implement ETH’s plan quickly. It seems the money is most likely to be proved well spent.
:lol: :lol: You just contradicted yourself within 2 sentences. If we over-paid yet you think it might be money well spent? :wenger:

scottser

He's
I'm assuming AWB is sold or loaned out this summer. I actually think he's the best defensive RB since Gary Neville but he's so poor going forward he doesn't have much of a chance under Ten Hag.

I think we'll get a RB to compete with Dalot for first choice RB.
I always thought he'd be good in the centre, as a centre half or defensive midfielder.

roseguy64

Not many teams play with 2 strikers these days so one tall defender to deal with striker should be good and we have backup defenders in case we need height.
I think last season we conceded more because of positional awareness rather than height so may be thats the plan of the manager.

Also contrary to the popular opinion, I think we might see more of Maguire + Martinez. I am assuming manager is probably aware that Varane and Bailly will be struggling to be fit whole season and their availability is bonus. So we are left with Maguire,Martinez and Lindelof.
If it was that easy we wouldn't have clips of Lindelof being hopeless in the air while his partner marked no one. The opposition player can choose which CB to face up against.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Feels like we are overpaying for him. Hope we are not in the market for another fecking CB anytime soon.

UnitedFire

For anyone who hasn't joined the dots...

We beat Liverpool 4-0...they have already been handled.

Martinez cancels Haaland.

Between the above that's 12 points against our title rivals. We'll win the rest of the games... Job done first perfect points total... You heard it hear first!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Maguire is the best header of the ball in the team. Varane can also dominate arielly. I wouldn't worry too much about Martinez's height. The great Barca team coped pretty well with an Argentinian shortie. Anyway, there are dark arts to defending beyond height which hopefully he has mastered.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This isn’t a tv show. Maguire is first of all a human, and secondly rather popular in the dressing room. If he did that he would lose the respect of the other players. So yeah, thats not exactly how it works unless you think like a 13 year old.
Is removing Maguire from captaincy somehow inhuman? Is “rather popular” a good enough reason for a player to be a captain? If a player isn’t good enough you sell him and move on.

The fact that we spend boatloads and waste money on rubbish players and on top of that we can’t move them along cause we pay everyone such high wages is why we are where we are as a club. But yeah let’s coddle players and treat them like 13 year olds so as to not hurt their feelings.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah reports are indeed confirm he has made Ajax accept a 40m offer, which you were suggesting he should do. Muppet. :lol:

You're paying jackpot and VDS hasn't prevented you from doing that. You can come back for Antony if you bring jackpot again and otherwise there's nothing VDS will do .
You still don't get it. The point I tagged you is that VDS is a CEO, CEO has the authority to make the final decision of any decision of their company if he wants to as I told you while you think he doesn't. :lol::lol: Just go read your own post that I quoted.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just saw his skills on youtube. I don;t think ETH will use him as CB. He will be perfect DM. Good tackler, excellent passer and looks like reading game well.
Martinez is much better on the ball than Álvarez but ETH prefers to play Martinez as CB while Álvarez stays in midfield. If that's what ETH would do based on ball skills, he could easily bench Álvarez, plays Martinez as DM, switches Blind back to CB and play Tagliafico as LB, but he didn't.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
United fans are underrating this guy. His quality will be seen in the first match.

Status
Not open for further replies.