Liverpool’s CL final opponent’s: Real or Bayern

Red Star One

I am a bit embarrassed by this thread, they're not in the final and even if they were - I find it small time to have hundreds of threads on Liverpool's CL campaign :nono:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The Juve and Roma second legs from the previous round should be enough to show this tie isn't over. 5-0 or 5-1 I wouldn't give Roma a chance. 5-2 makes it interesting.

Trizy

Bayern would beat Liverpool imo (or at least give them a very tough game) but Real I think would give them enough chances to win quite comfortably.
Battle of the attacks if it's Liverpool vs Real. I'd fancy Real with their experience and world class midfield.

Water Melon

I am a bit embarrassed by this thread, they're not in the final and even if they were - I find it small time to have hundreds of threads on Liverpool's CL campaign :nono:
Just a forum. People are venting out their frustration, some are just sharing their thoughts. It is not like there are hundreds of United fans on here wishing Pool all the best in their campaign.

Canagel

Of course Real Madrid. This isn't even a debate. They have the knowhow and the winning mentality. Even when it appears to us that they've started to lose their touch they find a way to come back again. One thing I have learned is to never ever underestimate them. Earlier this season everyone was talking about how they are finished and PSG will do them easily over two legs etc. What happened? Real comfortably win over two legs. They may have struggled against Juventus but I think that was more due to complacency more than anything. Juventus were played off the pitch at their ground. And then you factor in Ronaldo vs Lovren and co. It's the biggest mismatch of the century. Liverpool have got to hope that Bayern go through. From what I saw from them against Sevilla I do not think they are going to win the CL.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Judas

Open to offers
Every twenty minutes my mind changes, so many different elements to it. But the thing that keeps me thinking Real is purely Ronaldo. The hunger he will have to win a 3rd successive CL will be more than the entire Liverpool team combined.

::sonny::

Liverpool - Real Madrid

Liverpool to win, RM not humble enough to mark or block Salah

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Klopp vs Heynckess head to head

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jurgen-klopp/leistungsdatenDetail/trainer/118/trainer_id/90

Good thing being Klopp hasn't won last 5 games and Bayern letting fewer goals in, bad thing what was before (mainly season 2011/12). Maybe German posters can explain it more.
Klopp's approach was new to anyone back then. It just took some time to figure out how to deal with his high intensity pressing style. Turned out the best way is exactly what Mou has exercised with your lot this season. Sit back, and circumvent the pressing lines with accurate long balls.
*If* we would get to see a Bayern-Pool finale, this is what you can expect to see. If there's any team with ample experience in playing Klopp teams, it's us.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We are obviously the plucky rebels the audience is meant to root for, real Madrid is obviously the evil empire and salah is the gifted but still wet behind the ears luke skywalker going up against darth Ronaldo.

Which makes you one of the sheeple in the senate who gave thunderous applause to palpatine 'saving the galaxy'.
My favourite part of this analogy is that Florentino kinda looks like the emperor :lol:

Un4givableB

Bayern because they are better ‘team’
and they know Klopp’s style of football.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Madrid are dodgy at the back and could see Liverpool put a few past them.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Klopp's approach was new to anyone back then. It just took some time to figure out how to deal with his high intensity pressing style. Turned out the best way is exactly what Mou has exercised with your lot this season. Sit back, and circumvent the pressing lines with accurate long balls.
*If* we would get to see a Bayern-Pool finale, this is what you can expect to see. If there's any team with ample experience in playing Klopp teams, it's us.
Yeah, do feel that Bayern and Heynckes would give more respect to Klopp. Can't see Madrid adjusting to anyone.

xtal191

Doesn't matter who they get, Pool are wining it this year

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
At least if it’s Real in the final, Liverpool can’t sing about the number of times they’ve won it. I mean, they almost certainly will anyway but logically they can’t.

theralyst

Simple fact is that Liverpool on their day could smack anyone, and on their day so could Madrid and Bayern. It doesn't matter who, just so long as one of those feckers stop those cnuts. Still hoping for a Roma turnaround.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Doesn't matter as no way would the footballing Gods allow Klopp to lose 6 finals in a row. Could be Barca 2009 and I'd still expect Liverpool to win. Football feelings and all..
I tend to agree with that.
Liverpool have their 'name on the trophy'....It's fate.:mad:

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
I tend to agree with that.
Liverpool have their 'name on the trophy'....It's fate.:mad:

It's Heynckes' fate.

Leaving it as a treble winner to Guardiola and Ancelotti, both failed, coming back for 3/4 of a season out of retirement just to show how it's done and leaving for good as a legend.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I actually think they are going to win it, regardless of if they play Bayern or Madrid.

They have a tonne of momentum, arguably one of the most in-form players in world football, and they are well set up to beat both of them IMO.

The only glimmer of hope I have is that Klopp is a bit of a bottler in finals.

Jacko21

At least if it’s Real in the final, Liverpool can’t sing about the number of times they’ve won it. I mean, they almost certainly will anyway but logically they can’t.
They've not won the league for 30 years, doesn't stop them singing 'we're the best football team in the land, yes we are'.

VanGaalEra

There will be nerves in the final and I feel like Real could exploit that in the first 30 mins, being the more experienced team in such situations.

Also, most 50/50 calls will go in Real's favour.

Judas

Open to offers
Yeah, do feel that Bayern and Heynckes would give more respect to Klopp. Can't see Madrid adjusting to anyone.
I think that's how I currently see it.

Real will just play there game, are they good enough to beat Liverpool in basically an attacking shootout? On current form, you'd have to question it a bit.

SirAF

Ageist
Real and Ronaldo will see to that the universe remain in balance.

Calma.

Norris

Hope Roma can repeat their miracle against Barca and knock pool out. But if that doesn't happen, I'd like them to face Bayern. They can probably do a better job of shutting up the pool trio with a compact and organized defense.

Baxter

They lose either tie.

Neither will go with a defensive line on the half way line, especially away from home.

Both teams have a goal a game player and are much better in the midfield than Roma. Suppose Bayern are stronger defensively so I’d rather they went through.

VanGaalEra

It's Heynckes' fate.

Leaving it as a treble winner to Guardiola and Ancelotti, both failed, coming back for 3/4 of a season out of retirement just to show how it's done and leaving for good as a legend.
That sounds great, but for some reason I fancy Liverpool against Bayern. Don't know why, just a feeling.

RoyH1

I think Bayern will beat Real over 2 legs with away goals.

But if Real do make the final, they're favorites. Look at their friggin finals record in the CL. It's mind boggling. And their midfield is miles better that Liverpool's. When they get their act together and play, they're simply a very good and deep team.

AshRK

Can jose manage either real or bayern for that one game. Jose knows how to stop salah and will get you the win also.

SER19

The sooner you make peace with the fact that Liverpool will win the champions league this year, the less painful it will be when it happens. They have three fantastic players that link brilliantly in front of a pile of utter rubbish and are somehow in the champions league final. It’s one of those freak things like Leicester.

That or they’re benefitting massively from a tactical turning point that so many teams seem to be behind the curve on. Same reason so many prem teams are getting blown away by both them and city. Seems teams do not know how to defend at the moment.

kidbob

Last 10 games: Salah: 12 goals, Ronaldo: 15 goals.

Ronnie wouldn't allow 6 times to happen.

To quote @B20 and his star wars analogy, Ronaldo is Obi Wan, Salah is Anakin.

Aboutreika18

The most I've cheered a Ronaldo goaI since he left us. I jumped out of my seat, felt like the old days when he was with us. :D

Here's to another in the final. Or if not:

A Klopp side against a Heynckes lead Bayern, being heartbroken by a last minute Robben goal in the final would be a nice consolation.

el3mel

Madrid. I'm supporting them for these last 3 matches in CL only. I trust them to beat Pool more than anyone.