g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
To be fair, I think most fanbases wouldn't take too kindly to a fan saying he wouldn't blink twice if the club went under and simply start supporting another club. :lol:
United forum or not I literally can’t believe that comment has just been over looked :lol: never mind if we actually ‘ceased to exist’, I remember almost breaking down when we were close to administration under those cowboy pricks Hicks and Gillette, but yeah each to their own.

Newstar

Supports
Liverpool
Livepool fans are taking such offense to @Tommy not carving out "LFC La" on his genitals.
If you don’t understand you are the same, and you never will understand. Anyone who truly supporters a team, scouse, manc, or some dodgy Lincoln supporter, everyone would understand why he is what’s bad about football. If you can’t see why we’d feel that way, then you obviously don’t care about the club you support or feel the way we do our club

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
If you don’t understand you are the same, and you never will understand. Anyone who truly supporters a team, scouse, manc, or some dodgy Lincoln supporter, everyone would understand why he is what’s bad about football. If you can’t see why we’d feel that way, then you obviously don’t care about the club you support or feel the way we do our club
No he's not, he's just not a massive fan.

Not everybody has to be, he's not harming anybody. Not everyone has to be hugely in to their football club, he's very honest about how he feels and he's allowed to feel that way, how the actual feck is he 'what's bad about football' ??

In what way is he damaging the game? He loves watching teams play regardless of who they are and loves the sport in a pure fashion. He just appreciates it in a different way to you and that's fine, who are you to tell people how they want to follow football?

I find the way @Tommy follows football to be a bit odd because I could never feel that way about Spurs, but he's not hurting anybody. And this holier than thou 'if you don't see why we feel that way you OBVIOUSLY AREN'T A REAL #TOP FAN attitude can feck right off because it's incredibly patronising and irritating. I love my club but I also have no right whatsoever to tell other people how they want to support their own teams, or how much of their life they want to dedicate to that side. It's totally up to them.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC

Not everybody has to be, he's not harming anybody. Not everyone has to be hugely in to their football club, he's very honest about how he feels and he's allowed to feel that way, how the actual feck is he 'what's bad about football' ??

In what way is he damaging the game? He loves watching teams play regardless of who they are and loves the sport in a pure fashion. He just appreciates it in a different way to you and that's fine, who are you to tell people how they want to follow football?

I find the way @Tommy follows football to be a bit odd because I could never feel that way about Spurs, but he's not hurting anybody. And this holier than thou 'if you don't see why we feel that way you OBVIOUSLY AREN'T A REAL #TOP FAN attitude can feck right off because it's incredibly patronising and irritating. I love my club but I also have no right whatsoever to tell other people how they want to support their own teams, or how much of their life they want to dedicate to that side. It's totally up to them.
Well said. We can't all be superfans, nor should we be. Who are we to judge anybody's feelings or attachment to football or the club we support?

Newstar

Supports
Liverpool

It’s not holier then thou to suggest someone who says ‘am a Liverpool fan’ but says ‘I’d support milan’ if the club went out of business, is what’s wrong with the game... when you can buy a home ticket for Burnley but can’t get a ticket for the champions league final, the sort of game I imagine he tries for, then he is what’s wrong, and tell anyone who live it everyday he isn’t.

Some of us live it, any true supporter lives it. If you don’t support a club, don’t pretend to. he doesn’t support Liverpool,he said so himself. If he ever got a ticket to a game above someone who it hurts when we lose then it’s a disgrace. Surely I can’t be on my own here? Like, when you went the game as a 5 yea old, this isn’t what it was about? To any true supporter it means so much more.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Well said. We can't all be superfans, nor should we be. Who are we to judge anybody's feelings or attachment to football or the club we support?
Not being funny but he’s not a fan nevermind a ‘superfan’, I think the whole thing is pretty black and white to be fair. But each to their own.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Not being funny but he’s not a fan nevermind a ‘superfan’, I think the whole thing is pretty black and white to be fair. But each to their own.
Ok. Who cares about the labels? Does it impact you whether he really cares about Liverpool or not?

I don't get why people give a shit about this stuff, why would I care if a Spurs fan is 'real' or not, it's not my religion .. it's football.

Some people dedicate almost every free moment/free bit of money they have to their football club, some people merely have a passing interest, either way is fine..

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
It’s not holier then thou to suggest someone who says ‘am a Liverpool fan’ but says ‘I’d support milan’ if the club went out of business, is what’s wrong with the game... when you can buy a home ticket for Burnley but can’t get a ticket for the champions league final, the sort of game I imagine he tries for, then he is what’s wrong, and tell anyone who live it everyday he isn’t.

Some of us live it, any true supporter lives it. If you don’t support a club, don’t pretend to. he doesn’t support Liverpool,he said so himself. If he ever got a ticket to a game above someone who it hurts when we lose then it’s a disgrace. Surely I can’t be on my own here? Like, when you went the game as a 5 yea old, this isn’t what it was about? To any true supporter it means so much more.
If a man likes a club and wants this club to win, then he is a supporter. How much he follows the club and how much he is affected by the matches and the results doesn't change that, does it?

Who are you to judge how much emotion a supporter should invest into the club?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

It's absolutely holier than thou because casual fans exist and not everybody has to have an undying love for their football club. Those that do are absolutely the heartbeat of the club but that doesn't mean everybody should be like them and it's totally cool to just be a football fan who favours a certain team, everybody is different.

What you've done here is made stuff up about @Tommy that he probably hasn't done. I doubt he's tried to go and get tickets for a champions league final having not watched a single game of the season. Maybe he just watches it on TV, it's not like he's claiming to be some huge match going superfan.

It sounds to me like you take it all much too seriously, it's a sport and entertainment. How much people take it seriously is always going to vary and as far as I'm concerned, it's totally up to the individual how much time/money/energy they want to invest in to their team. Personally it ruins my day whenever Spurs lose, but I don't feel that makes me superior in any sense to Spurs fans who merely shrug their shoulders after a bad result, nor do I feel the need to tell them they're not proper fans.

Your issue seems to be with people who don't watch any games all season but make cheeky bids to go and watch the biggest games, which is a different issue entirely and not something we know he does, so not exactly compelling evidence he is what is wrong with football.

He likes the sport itself and favours Liverpool. Like I said before he's been totally honest about that and I don't get the need to attack casual fans, it's a sport not a religion. There are some Liverpool fans who would view you with huge suspicion just for signing up to a United forum, surely you can't be a REAL TOP FAN if you're fraternising with the enemy?!

People need to chill out a bit and try their best not to tell people how to live their life, if it doesn't personally impact you then leave it be.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

You've got it wrong about @Tommy

It's common knowledge that he burns effigies of Alex Ferguson in his backyard and he wipes his ass with United shirts, he also argues the significance of NetSpend like any true Liverpool fan should.
He's as hardcore scouse as the rest of you, he merely implies otherwise in order to escape the ban hammer when The Great Redcafe Culling Event of 2019 takes place after Liverpool win the league.

I hope he avoids it (along with 1 or 2 others) because he contributes to the forum.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool

It's common knowledge that he burns effigies of Alex Ferguson in his backyard and he wipes his ass with United shirts, he also argues the significance of NetSpend like any true Liverpool fan should.
He's as hardcore scouse as the rest of you, he merely implies otherwise in order to escape the ban hammer when The Great Redcafe Culling Event of 2019 takes place after Liverpool win the league.

I hope he avoids it (along with 1 or 2 others) because he contributes to the forum.
:lol::lol: United fan or not your a legend for this post alone.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
But yeh jokes aside, Spurs don’t feck about this weekend. I’m pretty confident they’ll take points off the plastic Manc’s.

St Red

KRAP
Not everyone has to be hugely in to their football club
It's just a bit odd tbh, not really a big deal.

But it is sickening when you've tried every sale for match tickets with no success, then watch the game on TV and see 100 Tommys on the Kop

Van Aanholt's Express

Supports
Wigan
The Liverpool and United fans I know are all shitting bricks for different reasons obviously.

Don't know any City fans despite living less that 25 miles from the ground - possibly because there really aren't that many.

Last edited by a moderator:

tom9999

Supports
Ronaldo
I like Liverpool, I think they are a great example of how to build a football club. I also happen to like City due to Aguero. I will prefer Liverpool win it though since they haven't won it in so long.

montpelier

First laugh of the day, :lol:.

Although the ToppestTopFanEver stuff from @Newstar isn't completely terrible.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Wait is this culling actually happening. Guess my 4 and a half year tenure on the cafe is over :(

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I could never understand why ardent Liverpool fans of all fans would post on their arch rivals forums, each to their own and all that jazz but it’s rather strange.
From what I've seen they all mainly post on the football forum. Yes still on the United forum but a fantastic seperate part where we can discuss european football and the emerging players and managers with the Bayern, Ajax, Juve, Real Madrid and Barca guys on here. Get much better perspective form people who actually watch these leagues rather than what's reported in the press.

Josh 76

I find it a bit strange the way Liverpool celebrate after each win. It's like they are a step closer to the title, but in theory they are running out of games. I could understand it If they were ahead and the title was in their hands, but no matter how hard they clench their fists or amount of times they kiss their badge, it's still City's to lose.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Alex Ferguson. Bill Shankly. Unparalleled Premier League success. Unparalleled Division One success. The Theatre of Dreams. Famous European nights. Class of '92. The Spice Boys. Shagging your brother's wife. Beating up DJs. Truly a great shared heritage between these two clubs.

Can't wait for Wednesday. Bring it on, Liverchester United.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Can't really fathom what i just read on Twitter:

On the 25th October 2018 the Cardiff captain states that he hopes that Liverpool win the League.

Yesterday in the 63rd minute he misses an open goal header and sends it wide.

A bit later he manhandles Salah (who falls to the ground in the box) and Liverpool are given a penalty.

Probably one of those conspiracy theories.

GeorgieBoy

Can't really fathom what i just read on Twitter:

On the 25th October 2018 the Cardiff captain states that he hopes that Liverpool win the League.

Yesterday in the 63rd minute he misses an open goal header and sends it wide.

A bit later he manhandles Salah (who falls to the ground in the box) and Liverpool are given a penalty.

Probably one of those conspiracy theories.
:lol: Think he's just shit.

Seveneric

City can still win it with 1 pt and it's not like it's that implausible either. All they have to do is win all their games regardless of what Liverpool does. Idk why everyone is being so premature, at least let City play that game in hand before you start killing yourselves?

Vadim

He's probably in with a shout after yesterday :p
He probably is!

Liverpool are a damn good side has to be said. I hate you lot. But I can give credit.

You can grind out results and you can also play with flair and win. Very similar to how Utd were when we were in our pomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.