Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Dreadful tonight. Hopefully not the end of our Champions League chances but worrying to say the least. Too much space between midfield and attack, link up play was non existent and half the players don't look like they've played together before.
We need something to spark us into life otherwise we're dropping into the dreaded Europa League at best

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
I think it's time to start Shaqiri behind the front 3 in the majority of games now. The few games he's played he's made enough of an impact, both himself personally and in helping the front 3 look more like they were last season.

Yes it'll mean we may cede some control in certain games, but against about 70% of the league it'll be the best option as he's the only 1 we have that right now i trust to fulfill the role to link midfield and attack like Coutinho/Oxlade-Chamberlain were doing last season.

Treble

So eager to be proven right that you couldn't even wait to prove your point with a half-decent sample size, great.
Well, I said 'maybe'. Time will tell. First signs are promising though. You've conceded 4 goals in the last 3 games. And the best front three in the world struggles to outscore Bournemouth's front three.

ExoduS

F**k yeah, f**k yeah!!! F**k them scousers, f**k them scousers!!! What a sh1t performance by Red Star but win is a win! Biggest win since Bari 1991!!!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Three wins in nine for us now. Not exactly amazing opposition either.

It's weird to be in such a strong position in the league but so clearly struggling.

Treble

Dreadful tonight. Hopefully not the end of our Champions League chances but worrying to say the least. Too much space between midfield and attack, link up play was non existent and half the players don't look like they've played together before.
We need something to spark us into life otherwise we're dropping into the dreaded Europa League at best
Think your problems come from the burden of the big expectations. Your fans have managed to convince themselves that you have one of the very best teams in the world and that your first XI is as good as City's if not better: many of them seem to think you have a better goalie, the best CB and defence in England, the best front three, etc. Which is based mostly on several CL games. Your results against the top 6 haven't been paricularly impressive. Nothing is lost of course. You still can win the big things. But right now you don't look great. The burden of the expectations seems a bit too heavy right now.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Shaqiri deserves more minutes IMO. Mane isn't firing at the moment.

Roosney

I think it's showing now Pool are/were a one man team last season, much like we were in 12-13 when RvP won us the league. Salah is tired or off form now and it shows.

Liverpool racking up the points in the PL rather well and I suspect they will still progress through this CL group eventually but ,overall, they seem relatively flat this season creatively.
If I dare say abit predictable.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Aye, said it a few weeks back that we look much better when he's on the pitch, although I fully understand the reasoning why he was left out of the squad tonight.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Aye, said it a few weeks back that we look much better when he's on the pitch, although I fully understand the reasoning why he was left out of the squad tonight.
Bollocks reason in my opinion. Unless I've missed something and he specifically requested not to be in the squad.

Judas

Open to offers
Liverpool racking up the points in the PL rather well and I suspect they will still progress through this CL group eventually but ,overall, they seem relatively flat this season creatively.
If I dare say abit predictable.
Yep I do think there's an element of teams have worked them out. But the fact their saviour last season is miles off the pace is ultimately the defining factor at the moment for me, he got them out of practically every hole before.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Liverpool have been scary this season because they've been winning without clicking and if they do just that it could be an issue. Looking more and more like Liverpool though thankfully.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Liverpool have been scary this season because they've been winning without clicking and if they do just that it could be an issue. Looking more and more like Liverpool though thankfully.
They've got worse form than us over the last 10 games. The only winning they did without clicking happened in the first 5 games of the season because it isnt happening now.

Ban

Well, obviously, but then it should get looked into why Liverpool goalies so frequently suffer concussions. It's a conspiracy that probably leads back to Mourinho. I'm sure of it!
It all started with that offside goal. Allison is on his way to Boston as we speak.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They've got worse form than us over the last 10 games. The only winning they did without clicking happened in the first 5 games of the season because it isnt happening now.
Yeah that was the bit where I said they're looking more and more like Liverpool

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Don't think he is. Nothing suggests it.
Other than De Gea none of the current crop are top tier in the PL. they all make mistakes here and there.

Alisson is worlds apart from Mignolet and Karius though.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He went with the wrong hand, for whatever reason. Probably trying to be a flash prick like he has done a few times this season.

Minimalist

Other than De Gea none of the current crop are top tier in the PL. they all make mistakes here and there.

Alisson is worlds apart from Mignolet and Karius though.
Definitely more cocky than the gruesome two-some. Which isn't necessarily a criticism.

CA1

Liverpool need to start getting a tune out of some new signings. Keita and Shaqiri need to come into the midfield area and give them a thurst forward.

I know they're settling in but they were bought for now and need to start showing signs of improving the starting 11.

The Henderson-Wijnaldum-Milner midfield is looking like a busted flush.

I expected their midfield to be
Milner-Fabinho-Keita at this stage

Maybe even

Shaqiri-Fabinho-Keita for lesser games

Those were the two midfields people were posting at the start of the season.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Many a season in years gone by Liverpool would implode in November. History repeating?
Is that actually true? We’re more of a mix from what I remember. Last year we were already miles behind City by October. The year before that January and February saw us fall apart.

Maybe it was the Benitez years that this was a common theme?

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Agreed. Everytime I see him, I see poor first touches, misplaced passes and an ocaaoccasi brilliance resulting. Very erratic. He could use a dropping.

PaulRich

"That was fecking tragic. ........

In massive trouble now in the group. And typically there's decent teams in the Europa waiting while the Mancs got a bye to the whole cup when they were in it."

RAWK bang on trend tonight I see.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Three wins in nine for us now. Not exactly amazing opposition either.

It's weird to be in such a strong position in the league but so clearly struggling.
Haven't you faced Chelsea twice, City, Arsenal and Napoli amongst those 9 fixtures? The only match where you haven't performed up to expectation is the loss yesterday against Red Star. Besides that drawing to City (home), Chelsea and Arsenal away aren't poor results.

Last edited:

Rory 7

Is that actually true? We’re more of a mix from what I remember. Last year we were already miles behind City by October. The year before that January and February saw us fall apart.

Maybe it was the Benitez years that this was a common theme?
It’s not really been a thing recently but yeah under Benitez it definitely was. I only mention it because a number of my Pool supporting mates always talked about how title hopes went off the rails every Nov.

Status
Not open for further replies.