Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Go on then lads. You've all seen this by now...

What's your combined team? Injured players weren't included for them, but you can include em if you want.

Mine would be...

DDG
TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
Milner ??? ???
Salah Firmino Martial
This...

-------------------DDG------------------
TAA-------Gomez------VVD--------Rob
--------Milner---------------Wij---------
-------------------Pogba-----------------
----Salah-----------------------Mané----
-------------------Martial----------------

"Join me and together we will rule the Galaxy as Scouser and Manc..."

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
This...

-------------------DDG------------------
TAA-------Gomez------VVD--------Rob
--------Milner---------------Wij---------
-------------------Pogba-----------------
----Salah-----------------------Mané----
-------------------Martial----------------

"Join me and together we will rule the Galaxy as Scouser and Manc..."
You know, I actually like that team.

LordSpud

Tee-Double-A a doubt for the weekend now. Both teams scraping the barrel of defenders right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh 76

Was talking to a few Scousers yesterday and they are starting to get really confident of the premier league and even the champions league double.
The explanation was quite interesting. Win there next 5 league games, title in the bag.
Regarding the Champions league, All the big boys look vulnerable. So it's wide open for them.
One of them said, the invincibles record is in sight.
Now it's getting serious.
How long before the pundits crack????

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Was talking to a few Scousers yesterday and they are starting to get really confident of the premier league and even the champions league double.
The explanation was quite interesting. Win there next 5 league games, title in the bag.
Regarding the Champions league, All the big boys look vulnerable. So it's wide open for them.
Next 5? How about we focus on just the next one. We are going to have Lovren at the back, which means a calamity waiting to happen. Not to mention Jose will set it up to make life miserable for the three up front - add the glaring misses of Mane and this game maybe a 0-0 or a 1-0 (either way) type of a game. The league is not in the bag, not till the last match of the season if and only if the league table shows us at the Top. Until that happens, I'm not getting carried away!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I’d rather focus on the next one against a side we’ve barely managed a shot against in recent encounters.

TheLiverBird

Next 5 games and it’s in the bag??? :D

I’d love that to be the case

Unfortunately it seems some fans have a very very short memory

The season Gerrard got the nickname Slippy G, 3 games remaining in the League, 5 points on top of the League, that’s a league title “in the bag”

And we still lose the title

The league is never in the bag until the last game is played

Josh 76

You should ask a certain couple of Texan cowboys just what 'nice guys' we are. We rode them outa town because we knew they weren't really interested in building Liverpool up.

How's your campaign to get rid of the Glazers going ?
It's going very nicely:
Since the Glazers took over in 2006-07
5 premier league titles
1 champions league
1 world club championship
1 Europa league
3 league cups
1 fa cup

Liverpool
1 league cup.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves

The season Gerrard got the nickname Slippy G, 3 games remaining in the League, 5 points on top of the League, that’s a league title “in the bag”

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling Wolves are going to have a say in where the title ends up on the last day of the season! (In that we play Liverpool, not that we are title contenders. Not yet anyway! :D)

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling Wolves are going to have a say in where the title ends up on the last day of the season! (In that we play Liverpool, not that we are title contenders. Not yet anyway! :D)
I don't think my nerves could handle that.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
You should ask a certain couple of Texan cowboys just what 'nice guys' we are. We rode them outa town because we knew they weren't really interested in building Liverpool up.
Revisionist history. Their creditors rode them out of town, not Liverpool fans.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Revisionist history. Their creditors rode them out of town, not Liverpool fans.
A lot of the potential new creditors for the loan that g&h wanted to renew backed off after finding themselves under fervent pressure from the fanbase for contemplating involvement with g&h.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ughh, Liverpool fans are more arrogant than ever at the moment. They're in a good position but they think they're unreal. Doesn't take much for them to manufacture a new perch

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It's going very nicely:
Since the Glazers took over in 2006-07
5 premier league titles
1 champions league
1 world club championship
1 Europa league
3 league cups
1 fa cup

Liverpool
1 league cup.
Well, as an arsenal fans I enjoy Klopp's football alot more, and i start follow liverpool's game as well since klopp took over.

Obi-Red-Kenobi

Supports
Liverpool

City had 2 games in hand. It was never in the bag.

montpelier

It had the sense of being 'in the bag' hence the open-mouthed astonishment of most people when he fell over for no apparent reason other than wanting to give it large on the halfway line with his unnecessary spinny turn while being the last man - oops !!

I am currently watching 'Gerrard: The Motion Picture' in 20 minute chunks - no. I don't know why, either - about which it's hard to know what to say. really. You could probably get away with anything. He did score some great goals though - and at vital moments.

The West Ham Cup Final goal is an amazing hit - where the GK is wasting his time from the moment Stevie makes contact.

''We is definitely madder & more emotional than youse are'' - <lights flare, jumps in fountain>

And this is still brilliant, whatever happens ever. Do you think he's still got it?

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
So, night before the game, how we all feeling?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
So, night before the game, how we all feeling?
Content. I haven’t been overly impressed with Liverpool this season, in an attacking sense. Their attack hasn’t looked as fluid as previous seasons and their midfield is more functional than creative. Their defence has improved a lot, it must be said, but they are missing their entire right side of defence tomorrow, and we caused them many problems down this flank in our last meeting so I expect United to try exploit this area again.

I think a score draw with Liverpool huffing and puffing overall and De Gea being generally underworked despite Liverpool having the majority of possession.

I would hold one concern, however: we have been starting games very sluggishly this season and found ourselves a goal or two down quite early in games. This could well happen tomorrow if Liverpool begin in a frenzy with their bum-rush football. If we weather the initial storm and grow in stature into the game, I don’t see Liverpool overrunning us late on as they are quite the first half team under Klopp. Even midweek v Napoli, they looked shaky in the final ten minutes and gifted the Italians a way back into the game as their energy levels fell off a cliff.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Content. I haven’t been overly impressed with Liverpool this season, in an attacking sense. Their attack hasn’t looked as fluid as previous seasons and their midfield is more functional than creative. Their defence has improved a lot, it must be said, but they are missing their entire right side of defence tomorrow, and we caused them many problems down this flank in our last meeting so I expect United to try exploit this area again.

I think a score draw with Liverpool huffing and puffing overall and De Gea being generally underworked despite Liverpool having the majority of possession.

I would hold one concern, however: we have been starting games very sluggishly this season and found ourselves a goal or two down quite early in games. This could well happen tomorrow if Liverpool begin in a frenzy with their bum-rush football. If we weather the initial storm and grow in stature into the game, I don’t see Liverpool overrunning us late on as they are quite the first half team under Klopp. Even midweek v Napoli, they looked shaky in the final ten minutes and gifted the Italians a way back into the game as their energy levels fell off a cliff.
Sounds like a very fair analysis. Regardless of what the form guide says, expecting anything other than a draw or a match narrowly decided by a one goal margin, is kinda wishful thinking right now. Mourinho, regardless of what people think of him, will not fail to get his team up & ready for this match. Personally, I'm predicting a 1-1.

While it's not really an option for us at this point to take a point, what I really want to see, moreso than absolutely anything else, is all of our players making it through the match in one piece. If we lose a CB now, we're fecked.

MouChou

I would hold one concern, however: we have been starting games very sluggishly this season and found ourselves a goal or two down quite early in games. This could well happen tomorrow if Liverpool begin in a frenzy with their bum-rush football. If we weather the initial storm and grow in stature into the game, I don't see Liverpool overruning us late on as they are quite the first half team under Klopp. Even midweek v Napoli, they looked shaky in the final ten minutes and gifted the Italians a way back into the game as their energy levels fell off a cliff.
That bit in bold tells me you haven't seen much of Liverpool this season. I guess you and some of us are in for a big suprise tomorrow.

I think they'll play a 4-2-3-1 with fabinho and wijnaldum/henderson as the double pivot and a front four of mane, firmino, shaqiri and salah (as cf).

If they play this formation, I think Mourinho should go with a back-5 and even then we need a De Gea in top form (which sadly hasn't been these case for most of this season).

I just hope we play with agressivness and heart, as they still must be very tired from the Napoli game.

I think they are most vulnerable from set-pieces, so I hope Mou will be working on how to get those even if we are pinned down to our goal most of the game.

I am actually quite hyped for tomorrow, because I 100% know it won't be like the last two times there. It's gonna be a completely different game.

2-3 for us, just because I'm feeling positive. :wenger:

Last edited by a moderator:

Flexdegea

Hopefully Liverpool go ahead early as it's the only way can see us upping our game in any positive sort of manner to try and get a result, most defo after half time. Just hope we are in it.

No chance we could keep it nil nil like last season. Team are hopeless at packing in half to not concede, think Jose is the only one who hasn't noticed that setting up this way doesn't suit us at all.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal

How's your campaign to get rid of the Glazers going ?
You were on the verge of administration before FSG stepped in to save you. Pool would have turned into the next Leeds without that intervention it had absolutely nothing to do with the fans. Nobody rode anybody out of town.

nePhantom

Supports
Liverpool
You were on the verge of administration before FSG stepped in to save you. Pool would have turned into the next Leeds without that intervention it had absolutely nothing to do with the fans. Nobody rode anybody out of town.
If anything we were saved by FSG, and a vast majority of “fans” bitched about it the entire way. “They’re going to give all our money to the Red Sox” “bleeding yanks are just in it for the money” “ they don’t know #£•+ about football”. Absolutely disgusting from our “fans”

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
If anything we were saved by FSG, and a vast majority of “fans” bitched about it the entire way. “They’re going to give all our money to the Red Sox” “bleeding yanks are just in it for the money” “ they don’t know #£•+ about football”. Absolutely disgusting from our “fans”
That’s crazy because FSG have been brilliant owners who saved the club and invested good money into building the team. Compared to our American owner who has done absolutely nothing for us you guys are very lucky to have FSG.

montpelier

They've made a lot from sales. It hasn't come out of the baseball a/c. They like a moneyball transfer too - makes me wonder why we don't try it instead of always pursuing the most expensive / best shirt-sales option we can find.

Not at all optimistic. We're shit at both ends these days.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think most said that,except for the last part which turned out to be true.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
OK, well lets just say the Liverpool supporters helped them on their way. An internet campaign was started targeting the companies that Hicks was trying to borrow money from, & the club's sponsors, with the threat of persuading the hundreds of thousands of Liverpool fans worldwide to boycott their services if they in any way helped the toxic duo raise funds to re-finance a new deal. As a result, Tom Hicks labeled the Liverpool supporters as 'internet terrorists'. Given how people power on Merseyside & beyond helped damage The Sun, I doubt anyone would have not taken us seriously.

Bearded One

Based on form this season and ignoring that players are injured, I'd go:

Alisson
TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
Milner Wijnaldum Pogba
Salah Martial Mane
Pretty damning that only two of our players made my eleven but I'm convinced about my impartiality in putting this together. Indeed our season so far is reflevtive of this combined 11.

Mcking

Isn't Shaqiri the guy that was deemed average and not good enough for the level we are aspiring to?

montpelier

shrewd subbing on of the dwarfy little cock-knocker from Big Foot - timed it well

LFC are light years in front, not even close

montpelier

Keita though eh?

is he getting used to the pace of the League or is he just shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.