Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not trying to be a WUM here, but my 2 cents worth on the United/City who is a bigger club debate.

Obviously Utd is bigger than City, no doubt about that. No club will ever overtake its rivals in the space of a few years, even Chelsea for a while won everything yet now with Abramovic holding back the funding, they are below Liverpool in the pecking order I believe. But anyway, consider this:

City have a young squad playing some attractive winning football under the best manager in the game right now. They are on an upwards trajectory and may yet create more special memories if they for example have a spectacular CL success. Chelsea had CL success but it was a rather dull final that no one remembers now, I'm talking about some 99/05 level spectacular. That should definitely leave a mark on the younger generations getting into football these days.

The Alexis transfer. Usually you have a big club offering the chance to play attacking football and win, vs a smaller club offering more money. If I were moving to Juve for say 100k a week, a team like Lazio would have to offer me at least 50% for me to consider joining them and missing out on the Juve trophy train. Again keep in mind that by Xmas that City had the title wrapped up, so Alexis definitely traded trophies for money. IIRC he chose United because you guys offered him and his agent silly wages and fees, even sillier than what City were offering. It took ridiculous money to sway him to Utd's side (which is why IMO he is a terrible signing for you, pure mercenary after a big pay day, has shown no discernible passion for the shirt in the games I've seen him play for Utd).

Bigger club? Utd without a doubt. Current momentum/form/in vogue team? City. City may well fade away when their owners start getting bored/broke like Abramovich in recent times (compared to his crazy spending 2003-2006), but it looks like they are trying to put a more stable long term philosophy by hiring Txiki and working on the Academy (we will see if it works or not, but they sure spent a lot of money on it). Who knows where they will be in 10-20 years? I personally hope they crash and burn, competition was tough enough for us anyway when it was just Arsenal and Utd winning the league and we were the big 3. Big 5/6 means less chance for us to win the league.
Fair post but the Alexis stuff is poor.

All your own opinion though but the bit about him showing no passion is simply false. In addition Sanchez followed United as a kid and clearly see us as the biggest team in England.

JMack1234

This is out of order but at the same time very funny and obviously a private joke between mates accidentally caught on camera. Karius will live long as a meme I think :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
That's Liverpool fans for you mate. Can't talk any sense to them.
Not going into the debate about biggest clubs.. Every man and his dog knows, that Manchester United is the biggest club in England and Liverpool is the next in line. A few years of succes for Manchester City won't change that in any foreseeable future.

I quoted you, because of the generalization in your post. It happens all the time in here, and I find it so annoying. You could have inserted 'some' in your post, but you chose to include ALL Liverpool fans.

I am all for the banter, and Liverpool fans in here must accept, that we get more stick than others. That's ok, just the way it is. But you're implying that I, and everybody else who supports Liverpool are the same. That we share the same mindset and personality. That I, and all Liverpool fans, are so thick, that none of us understands common sense.

Attack the post, if you think it's stupid, but why the need to include the whole fanbase?

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Not going into the debate about biggest clubs.. Every man and his dog knows, that Manchester United is the biggest club in England and Liverpool is the next in line. A few years of succes for Manchester City won't change that in any foreseeable future.

I quoted you, because of the generalization in your post. It happens all the time in here, and I find it so annoying. You could have inserted 'some' in your post, but you chose to include ALL Liverpool fans.

I am all for the banter, and Liverpool fans in here must accept, that we get more stick than others. That's ok, just the way it is. But you're implying that I, and everybody else who supports Liverpool are the same. That we share the same mindset and personality. That I, and all Liverpool fans, are so thick, that none of us understands common sense.

Attack the post, if you think it's stupid, but why the need to include the whole fanbase?

It's called the one size fits all mentality and it gives a great insight to the posters personality and spiritual depth.

Ondrej

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45087444

Thoughts? Can imagine this is going to annoy quite a few United fans, but I’m just the messenger.
Just skimmed through it after reading the ridiculous headline as luck isn't something you can measure, then I skimmed through some of their statistics about incorrect calls, again, can't imagine how they determined which call is incorrect and which is not as that can be heavily opinion based and I'll trust a ref 9 out of 10 times over a bunch of random journalists. Can't imagine this is going to annoy anyone.

Then I saw something about this being the most extensive research they've ever done and I was just left wondering how does someone get paid for shit like this and what am I doing wrong with my life.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
I think they will pose more of a threat this season and probably finish second after City as some of those signings look good,the squad has improved and will now suit Klopp's style of play and they wont burn out as much.

Hopefully its all nonsense and I'm wrong :D

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45087444

Thoughts? Can imagine this is going to annoy quite a few United fans, but I’m just the messenger.
That's odd as I don't even really remember last season or even that many matches feeling unlucky or frustrating. It was pretty enjoyable on the whole to be honest, as opposed to that season where we seemed to hit the woodwork about 4 times a game.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
That's odd as I don't even really remember last season or even that many matches feeling unlucky or frustrating. It was pretty enjoyable on the whole to be honest, as opposed to that season where we seemed to hit the woodwork about 4 times a game.
spurs and the giftings to Prince Harry.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Alisson making the easiest of saves gets greeted by lots of cheers, that’s how desperate we’ve become :lol:

Looking sloppy so far but I get the impression we’ll continue like last year and still score lots.

Mane stayed on his feet yet we still got the penalty. Fabinho should do a lot better than that.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Thought Van Dijk’s foul on Lamela was a pretty blatant penalty personality.
I was arguing with a Pool fan when it happened and they were convinced that Lamela was play acting. Turns out getting pelted in the back of the leg can leave a sting.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Didn't know we even had a pre season game. Can't we just start the season already?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Bold prediction but I think Alexander-Arnold will be one of the best RBs in the league this season, especially offensively. His crossing and deep balls are excellent and he really seems to have gone up a notch, probably learned a lot at the WC just by being around the squad and training with them imo.

2-0, too easy tbh.

redrash

these lot are going to be scoring for fun this season while United will sit deep for 89 mins hoping for one chance to score from :(

3pwood

I'm worried Liverpool might win the PL or the UCL this season (maybe both). It's like they didn't have a break at all, playing exactly the same level of football. :(

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Alisson concedes 1st goal. Quick sell him! No tbf shit defending from Moreno not closing the cross, and a great header from Belotti. 2-1.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I'm worried Liverpool might win the PL or the UCL this season (maybe both). It's like they didn't have a break at all, playing exactly the same level of football. :(
It's almost as if they had not lost loads of players at the world cup, and also signed 2 players that weren't at the world cup.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Belotti looks like a decent player.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Fabinho looks quite nervous/unsettled on the ball or is that just his style?

Expected more from Keita, seems like he’s better running at the opposition rather than the close combinations in midfield we always do, looks like he might need time to settle in.

Wijnaldum has been fecking great and should definitely start on Sunday.

Mane has been great as well. Firmino and Salah a bit unlucky from time to time but think they just need to get settled again and reckon they’ll be fine on Sunday as well.

Will Lovren be back, I suppose not? Team basically picks itself then apart from who partners Van Dijk.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Fabinho is cack, Keita is a promising player. Hopefully this carries onto the season since the defense is Liverpool's problem.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
The best Italian striker in recent years, Man United were linked with him recently (not this transfer window). Quality player
I can imagine. Probably a matter of time before he finds a new home. Certainly looks like he has it in him.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Fabinho looks really good, him and Keita have built up a good understanding with Gini who's making fantastic 3rd man runs.
Really impressed so far with our new look side.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Fabinho looks really good, him and Keita have built up a good understanding with Gini who's making fantastic 3rd man runs.
But are you satisfied with your CM depth?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Really? I don’t think he’s looked particularly good.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Considering they think Fabinho looks really good they probably are. Fabinho looks well off the pace, not making incisive passes and quite easily bypassed. There was one moment at the end of the half where he was completely bamboozled by a simple swivel and was running back like he was in quick sand.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Attacking depth worries me much much more.
Midfield depth we haven't improved but quality wise we've improved and we look like we have square pegs in square holes. Midfield choices that link together well.
I imagine Shaqiri might be playing as an 8 as well as a winger.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Really? I don’t think he’s looked particularly good.
He turns quickly starts moves. He's obviously still rusty and will take time to get acclimated to premier league pace. But I can see qualities that we don't have with Henderson and i can see what he's going to bring in certain games.

Status
Not open for further replies.