Liverpool are the worst defending champions in Premier League history

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Not bad. After setting a record for losing at Anfield. For being under the gun all season with injuries that no other team had to deal with, Liverpool somehow against all odds finished 5 behind united. A united who everyone says has turned a corner and is almost back on top. I’ll take my chances next year to hopefully challenge City and united as best we can. See you in Europe.
:lol:

Irrational.

Embarrassing. Trophyless and only scrape into the top four because of other clubs’ failures.

Well done Liverpool, massive achievement. I hope the delusions of grandeur continue.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
And I thought the thread about us sealing 2nd was bad.

Imagine hopping on a United forum immediately after the season ends to bump an old thread and boast about finishing 3rd. They probably think they're being such a clever troll because people are biting too.

Next level sad cuntishness.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Imagine getting buzzed because your title defence was only pathetic and not record breaking pathetic.
You’ve all been getting buzzed because our title defence was possibly going to be the worst ever. That’s why this thread is here.

It wasn’t in the end. Not buzzing with our season but we’ve got something out of it to build on, and we’re not the worst champions ever.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Not bad. After setting a record for losing at Anfield. For being under the gun all season with injuries that no other team had to deal with, Liverpool somehow against all odds finished 5 behind united. A united who everyone says has turned a corner and is almost back on top. I’ll take my chances next year to hopefully challenge City and united as best we can. See you in Europe.
The delusion is real in this one! Especially the injuries line. Amazing.

stevoc

The worst defending champions in PL history finished 3rd. Only 5 points behind whomever was second and with less goals conceded than the second placed team.

Which fecking idiot decided the PL should be 38 games long and not 25?! :houllier::lol:

Celebrating 3rd and 'only' being 5 points behind a team that got the deck chairs out for the last 4 games as well as playing 2nd string sides leading to the dropping of 8 points.

Hard to imagine just over a year ago some were talking about this Liverpool team possibly being the best in PL history.

Ludens the Red

Celebrating 3rd and 'only' being 5 points behind a team that got the deck chairs out for the last 4 games as well as playing 2nd string sides leading to the dropping of 8 points.

Hard to imagine just over a year ago some were talking about this Liverpool team possibly being the best in PL history.
Haha

TheReligion

Abusive
You’ve all been getting buzzed because our title defence was possibly going to be the worst ever. That’s why this thread is here.

It wasn’t in the end. Not buzzing with our season but we’ve got something out of it to build on, and we’re not the worst champions ever.
The fall off from last season has been monumental let's not spin it.

You've scrapped into the top 4 and salvaged an appalling season.

Relevant

Embarrassing. Trophyless and only scrape into the top four because of other clubs’ failures.

Well done Liverpool, massive achievement. I hope the delusions of grandeur continue.
Isn't that the same story for every team, every year though?
You look at us last year and we benefitted hugely from a much bigger capitulation by Leicester

TheReligion

Abusive

Deck chairs :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Eternitiy

Great accomplishment given their injury problems this season. I still feel angry that we essentially handed them the inspiration and belief to secure a Champions League finish with their win at Old Trafford. Should the game have been played at its original date, I don't think it would have ended this way. Quite frustrating.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
The fall off from last season has been monumental let's not spin it.

You've scrapped into the top 4 and salvaged an appalling season.
I don’t disagree but I’ll take it all things considered. Part of the reason our fall off looks so bad is because we finished on a ridiculously high total last year. If we’d won the league on 86/87 points then this seasons final tally wouldn’t look as bad.

Same for City last season going from 98 to 81.

Frank Sinatra Fan

They declined heavily this season, but they were undeniably truly great in previous seasons, that is a fact that the current season doesn't change. Also, no one said that Liverpool was THE best english team ever. But one of the best. They won the UCL and had 97 points in the 2019 PL and 99 points in the 2020 PL. If that isn't historical, I don't know what is.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don’t disagree but I’ll take it all things considered. Part of the reason our fall off looks so bad is because we finished on a ridiculously high total last year. If we’d won the league on 86/87 points then this seasons final tally wouldn’t look as bad.

Same for City last season going from 98 to 81.
Mate you've been shit and totally collapsed due to the injury of one player.

As I say you've done well to salvage something from the season but considering where you were last season the drop off has been phenomenal.

No excuses.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Isn't that the same story for every team, every year though?
You look at us last year and we benefitted hugely from a much bigger capitulation by Leicester
Were we going around celebrating or saying we achieved the bare minimum? We also didn't go from maybe the best PL team ever (apparently) to scraping top 4. We went up into the top 4.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
A scouser celebrating finishing behind United, that's a first.

Maybe you're confused, probably something to do with Liverpool being hailed as the best side in football history by learned scholars such as Phil Thompson, Jamie Charagher and @PickledRed. Only to find themselves in a dogfight for CL football 12 months later. Yes, very confusing.

dal

To be fair as much I hate to say it, they finished third and looking back winning the title and then finishing third does not look that bad at all.

Shame.

hubbuh

Carragher should be strung up by his Travellers for that United 99 - Liverpool 20 team monstrosity. These lot are a bunch of bed wetting bellends

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Mate you've been shit and totally collapsed due to the injury of one player.

As I say you've done well to salvage something from the season but considering where you were last season the drop off has been phenomenal.

No excuses.
I mean it’s not just one player but it doesn’t matter. Losing six at home in a row with a whimper was awful and inexcusable considering the squad we have.

Anyway I’ll take it and hope we can have a good summer now. Going to be hard to overhaul City if they get Kane.

wise_old_man

Great accomplishment given their injury problems this season. I still feel angry that we essentially handed them the inspiration and belief to secure a Champions League finish with their win at Old Trafford. Should the game have been played at its original date, I don't think it would have ended this way. Quite frustrating.
I thought the CAF was supporting that protest?

TheReligion

Abusive
I mean it’s not just one player but it doesn’t matter. Losing six at home in a row with a whimper was awful and inexcusable considering the squad we have.

Anyway I’ll take it and hope we can have a good summer now. Going to be hard to overhaul City if they get Kane.
Everyone has injuries. You've been very fortunate under Klopp with them up until now so you'll not get much sympathy.

stevoc

They declined heavily this season, but they were undeniably truly great in previous seasons, that is a fact that the current season doesn't change. Also, no one said that Liverpool was THE best english team ever. But one of the best. They won the UCL and had 97 points in the 2019 PL and 99 points in the 2020 PL. If that isn't historical, I don't know what is.
Truly great sides retain titles.

Also yes people were suggesting they were possibly the best PL side ever.

stevoc

Carragher should be strung up by his Travellers for that United 99 - Liverpool 20 team monstrosity. These lot are a bunch of bed wetting bellends
Indeed, they're not even close to a treble winning team that went onto win 3 titles in a row.

Josh 76

Excellent recovery all things considered.
To being so shit, then wining a few games is not a excellent recovery. It’s embarrassing.
Losing 6 games at home in a row and breaking their own record is unreal. In December if someone offered Liverpool 4th, they would have said feck off.
How the greatest team ever has fallen. Haha

Jonno

To being so shit, then wining a few games is not a excellent recovery. It’s embarrassing.
Losing 6 games at home in a row and breaking their own record is unreal. In December if someone offered Liverpool 4th, they would have said feck off.
How the greatest team ever has fallen. Haha
As you said, to go from losing 6 on the bounce at home, to securing CL football is an excellent recovery in my opinion, all be it in a poor season

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
The worst defending champions in PL history finished 3rd. Only 5 points behind whomever was second and with less goals conceded than the second placed team.

Which fecking idiot decided the PL should be 38 games long and not 25?! :houllier::lol:
How long before the "we deserve 2nd for conceding fewer goals than the 2nd placed team" petition to the Premier League?
Or does the "best 3rd placed team trophy taking into account all the injuries" petition come first?

Relevant

We beat Leicester on the last day and deserved our place.
That's true and we did deserve our place cos we got it.....but there are 38 games in a season, same for everyone. You don't get bonus points for beating your nearest rivals for fourth place in the last game.

Shit season for them (marvellous ) but they won 8 out of the last 10 games and conceded last minute goals in the 2 they drew.....and despite what many of our fans claim, they had a freak season with injuries.

Be interesting to see what'll happen next year, bookies have City odds on but there's nowt between United, Chelsea and Liverpool

Swedish_Plumber

Klopp mentioning it as the greatest achievement is spot on. They truly are the greatest side of all time. Forget the invincibles, centurions and treble winners/double ‘three-peaters’.
This is still their year.