Liverpool assistant Buvac leaves after dispute with Klopp

TheoY

Supports
Liverpool
How the hell would that be a good thing? Gerrard knows absolutely nothing about tactics compared to Buvac and has nowhere near the experience (17+ years) with Klopp like him. Liverpool fans are seriously delusional about everything.
Gerrard is already on a coaching path, and he is young. He would be coming into an advisor's role, eager to learn from an already working team, and starting to chip in gradually. Didn't Giggs do likewise?

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Maybe it was Klopp who got the offer from Arsenal, and he is interested, so as a smokescreen because of the timing, he sent his closest most trustworthy friend to negotiate on his behalf. I mean.. If it's so unrealistic they split up, this makes the most sense.

Klopp to Arsenal, Salah to PSG, Rodgers to Pool and Martial to sign a new contract before next season.
City gets found off of doping and Pool get relegated because Salah has been ineligible player for them

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Thing is he's managed in the background for almost two decades. Doesn't give interviews and is known for being a private person.
To suddenly go from that to the cauldron of toxicity that is the Emirates just doesn't add up. On the eve of CL semi aswell.

On the other hand if it is personal reasons the club could have just insinuated that and there wouldnt have been any speculation .
I don't think he even speaks English lol. This would be a massive risk for Arsenal.

CognitiveNeuro

Gerrard is already on a coaching path, and he is young. He would be coming into an advisor's role, eager to learn from an already working team, and starting to chip in gradually. Didn't Giggs do likewise?
Well then say it's a great thing for Gerrard then, not necessarily for Liverpool. Liverpool need to replace an experienced coach with another experienced coach or Klopp will be lost.

TheoY

Supports
Liverpool
Well then say it's a great thing for Gerrard then, not necessarily for Liverpool. Liverpool need to replace an experienced coach with another experienced coach or Klopp will be lost.
If it's a great spell for Gerrard, it's great for Liverpool. He won't be the first relatively inexperienced assistant who rises from the interim to make it.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Buvac: "I can't take it anymore. Stop fecking whinging about 'that offside goal against Manchester United'. I'm off to Arsenal."

TheReligion

Abusive
First game without the brain and they get beat but scrape through against Roma on aggregate.

Could be interesting this.

montpelier

if Arsenal get Buvac & Henry in...

then the obvious choice for conditioning coach is gonna be Chris Eubank, innit? - :lol: :lol:

(not explaining, it's shit enough as it is, but I am sorry)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
First game without the brain and they get beat but scrape through against Roma on aggregate.

Could be interesting this.
According to reports Buvac’s been more uninvolved with the first team for a while.

Before yesterday Roma were yet to concede a goal at home in the competition. They’re a decent side.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
If it's a great spell for Gerrard, it's great for Liverpool. He won't be the first relatively inexperienced assistant who rises from the interim to make it.
It is not about experience but competence. Has Gerrard anything speaking for him being a tactical genius that could overtake Buvacs analyses etc.? I highly doubt it, honestly. Especially since Gerrard retired shortly before the PL finally began to catch up with the other European leagues from a tactical point of view. Not that he couldn't learn but at the moment I think he is the exact opposite of Buvac.

At least here in Germany, I have the feeling that many poorly managed clubs initiated their own downfall by simply appointing highly merited ex-players instead of competent experts with lesser names.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Their pattern play looks far less fluid this season compared to seasons past. Losing Buvac looks more criminal by the game, from a Liverpool perspective.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The half blood prince is never appreciated until he's gone.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Their pattern play looks far less fluid this season compared to seasons past. Losing Buvac looks more criminal by the game, from a Liverpool perspective.
Nah. The bigger problem is not having. playmaker in midfield. It's still very workman like.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I don't think Liverpool fans will be complaining too much. Just five goals conceded in the league, in third and unbeaten.

Firmino and Salah to an extent aren't doing as well as they did last season so they're not scoring as many goals as you'd expect. I think they're missing something in midfield.

marktan

Missing the Ox maybe? Whenever I caught their matches in the CL and big games last season he was often playing as almost the 4th attacker with the front 3, linking up and creating space in the box.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I don't think Liverpool fans will be complaining too much. Just five goals conceded in the league, in third and unbeaten.

Firmino and Salah to an extent aren't doing as well as they did last season so they're not scoring as many goals as you'd expect. I think they're missing something in midfield.
What is the obsession with looking at just the competition that makes Liverpool look good? Last season the whole focus was on the CL and their league/domestic up form was ignored. Now it's the other way around.

Its also quite common for people to only look at league goals when praising Van Dijk, which is rather convenient since Liverpool have conceded a bunch with him in the cups.

cyberman

Yeah but Liverpool fans constantly told us they would rather have less points coupled with attacking play than workman like wins with more points.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I remember speaking to someone who said it was a huge blow and the beginning of the end. Now that’s obviously more than a bit hyperbolic, but losing a man credited as the brain does seem to have impacted us in certain ways. Ultimately we’ll only be able to evaluate at the end of the season but it doesn’t bode well so far.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I remember speaking to someone who said it was a huge blow and the beginning of the end. Now that’s obviously more than a bit hyperbolic, but losing a man credited as the brain does seem to have impacted us in certain ways. Ultimately we’ll only be able to evaluate at the end of the season but it doesn’t bode well so far.
Who?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Was Buvac Klopp's assistant at Dortmund too? Do we know why he left?

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Was Buvac Klopp's assistant at Dortmund too? Do we know why he left?
They've been together for ages, since their playing days, they've had their fair share of disputes over the years -happened a few times in BuLi-, like many close friends do, but this time shit got real, maybe Klopp doesn't appreciate his work like before, or maybe he's too direct in pointing out K's mistakes or their disagreements in front of others, or he feels too good to be just his assistant any longer, or all the above.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
They've been together for ages, since their playing days, they've had their fair share of disputes over the years -happened a few times in BuLi-, like many close friends do, but this time shit got real, maybe Klopp doesn't appreciate his work like before, or maybe he's too direct in pointing out K's mistakes or their disagreements in front of others, or he feels too good to be just his assistant any longer, or all the above.
Thanks, that makes sense.

Could also be Klopp's new teeth that freaked him out I guess.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Missing the Ox maybe? Whenever I caught their matches in the CL and big games last season he was often playing as almost the 4th attacker with the front 3, linking up and creating space in the box.
He didn't catch fire for them until late in the season IIRC. I think Coutinho is the bigger miss. Should be fine if Fabinho and Keita come up to speed, but big if.

What's Lallana up to?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah but Liverpool fans constantly told us they would rather have less points coupled with attacking play than workman like wins with more points.
That was last season. This year we prefer crap football with better results. This rule only applies to the league however. In the League Cup we prefer making several chances and being able to blame it on Moreno. In the CL...it depends which game week it is. Some weeks we like the good football and winning, others we're all about giving farmers a chance to taste victory.