Liverpool FC are up for sale

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Wonder if Klopp leaves when they are owned by a state or oil sheikh. Would be the biggest hypocrite ever if he doesn‘t
Tbf, didn't he once state that he'd never spend "x" amount on a single player when referencing to us buying Pogba? So he's already proven to be a hypocrite.

Unless his times already up before a takeover, i think he'll stay if the new owners - no matter who they are, provide him a platform to reubild with a substantial investment in the squad.

stu_1992

Can't help but feel a bit jealous, but there's no guarantees they'll end up in a better position than they are now either. These owners have been objectively good for their club, but I guess it's run its course.

Telsim

I really, really didn't need this. Not after yesterday. Not after drawing Barcelona.

LordSpud

It just goes to highlight what a waste of time the GlazersOut movement is. They could not care less. This hurts.

RoyH1

Bahrain? Kuwait? Oman? This is their chance to get in on the game

OmarUnited4ever

Dubai is in the UAE though, isn't it?

Who already own City.

Technically, Man City is owned by City Football Group, which is controlled by Sheikh Mansour, an Emir/Prince from Abu Dhabi.

Dubai, is different entity within UAE, so if some representing them comes forward to make an offer for Liverpool, then it would be treated as unrelated to City by the PL.

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
That headline feels a bit click baity. It sounds more like they are open to offers and keeping their options open but not committed to a sale of the club, which is a pretty standard stance for an investments company.

El Zoido

It just goes to highlight what a waste of time the GlazersOut movement is. They could not care less. This hurts.
It’d work if fans stopped going. If OT was empty every week. GlazersOut fans are just a noisy minority really.

Chairman Steve

They’re inviting shareholders to buy a stake and that doesn’t mean they are selling the club outright.

In a technical sense, they are selling the club but not to change of ownership level. They want a Clearlake Capital like Boehly has at Chelsea or whoever the Glazers want at United, to pump in the money. Otherwise it wouldn’t say they’re fully committed to Liverpool. They still want to run Liverpool but with someone pumping in money to assist.

Ornstein’s tweet is kinda misleading as they are up for sale but not the entire club. It is no different to where United are at now with the Glazers, who are looking for third party investment.

I‘m absolutely sure the Glazers and John Henry talk to each other (as seen with the European Super League) and the ESL getting shot down was a setback and this third party investor thing is their new scheme.

Himannv

They didn’t even have to do much to get the owners to sell. Just a few rumblings of dissatisfaction and they’re out the door. We’ve been trying for years and have had no luck getting the horrible scum out and ours are worse than theirs ever were. Even Woody’s house burning down has no effect of them leeches.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Who can realistically buy the club? Are we sure that it'll be a gulf country?

Telsim

Really stuck with the Glazers forever, aren't we?
We are. They have absolutely no incentive to sell. None. They got an asset that has generated them more than a billion since they got it. And they got it for free. No risk, no investment, 1 billion profit. If I were in their place, I would never sell this club. Would you? Would anyone? I'd pass it down to my children and they to their children and so on.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s weird the way so many United fans on here see our owners as the reason we’ve had so little success over the last decade, while simultaneously seeing the departure of owners that brought Liverpool the type of success we can only dream of as somehow great news for Liverpool.

JustKatie

I mean it's pretty funny really.
One third of a bad season and they're up for sale where we've been poor for a decade and only whispers and hints but with no intent to sell.

I just pray it's not another oil country. Imagine City and Liverpool being able to spend indefinitely...the worst two for us

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It’s weird the way so many United fans on here see our owners as the reason we’ve had so little success over the last decade, while simultaneously seeing the departure of owners that brought Liverpool the type of success we can only dream of as somehow great news for Liverpool.
The Glazers aren't (solely) responsible for your downfall, nor is FSG responsible for our recent successes. Both just need to get managerial appointments spot on - the latter already did that and perhaps you've also found your guy with Ten Hag now. A lack of investment in the squad isn't why Utd has stopped being succesful.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If Liverpool hold on a little while longer, Abramovich might be available for them soon :wenger:

Red00012

FSG spent feck all they had Klopp as their manager
Glazers spent feck all - we’ve had years of shit managers.

Now compare what Klopp has bought and sold V what our shit managers has bought and sold.

New investor / owner for Liverpool means more money been spent .

LARulz

This is a joke. Glazers need to feck off, they must realise that there won't be anyone left to be stupid enough to buy the club if they've all gone elsewhere

Elcabron

I'd be surprised if Rathcliffe isn't interested given he tried to buy Chelsea in summer.

No surprise they are selling though, they have debt of 250m. Top 8 earning players all over 30. We are entering a period of higher interest rates and lower marketing budgets, will make for uncomfortable period. Not sure what way the Glazers see things playing out.

Shark

@NotShark
The bad news hasn't stopped coming since SAF retired. It's just misery on top of more misery for us.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
FSG spent feck all they had Klopp as their manager
Glazers spent feck all - we’ve had years of shit managers.

Now compare what Klopp has bought and sold V what our shit managers has bought and sold.

New investor / owner for Liverpool means more money been spent .
Well, yeah. But as United fans well know, it’s not about spending money. It’s about spending money well.

MUFC OK

I'd be surprised if Rathcliffe isn't interested given he tried to buy Chelsea in summer.
He absolutely will be.
The bad news hasn't stopped coming since SAF retired. It's just misery on top of more misery for us.
That's how it feels. The one constant though has been the owners. Scousers getting rid of their second lot of American owners whilst ours remain. They will be joining the big league with this news.