Liverpool refuse to refund fans who could not attend Liverpool v Atletico Madrid (Atletico have covered the €17k)

big rons sovereign

Thats what it's all about doing the right thing. I have a few dipper supporting mates and they basically because of the whole Hillsborough thing that anything they do that's shitty pales in comparison to what happened to them.
Which is s shitty way to be.

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
Earth to @Schweigaard, earth to @Schweigaard, come in @Schweigaard..

It's hardly the worst thing your club has done (and let's be honest it's a long list) but you kept the money and let Athletico pick up the bill. You'd have thought the decent thing to do was square it away irrespective of what was discussed beforehand. Holding the game with fans was a ridiculously selfish decision in itself given the circumstances and the penny pinching antics afterwards just get under people's skin (along with the furlough ploy you tried)
I don't disagree, I just reacted because I think it became way overblown. First of all we don't know all of the facts (the articles you all base it on are not trustworthy at all), and even if the article was 100% true that's such a non-issue. Yeah Liverpool were being cheapskates, but it was within their rights. It's not common at all for the home team to refund away tickets of fans who don't go to the game - BUT I get that the coronavirus situation makes it a bit unique.

The furlough thing had everyone furious, Liverpool fans included. In general I can just say that I support the players and the team around them, I don't associate with the guys up top who make these decisions at all - so I don't really get this "hate" towards Liverpool because of it. It's like hating Newcastle for having a shitty owner - but most people (myself included) seem to sympathize with them instead.

big rons sovereign

I don't disagree, I just reacted because I think it became way overblown. First of all we don't know all of the facts (the articles you all base it on are not trustworthy at all), and even if the article was 100% true that's such a non-issue. Yeah Liverpool were being cheapskates, but it was within their rights. It's not common at all for the home team to refund away tickets of fans who don't go to the game - BUT I get that the coronavirus situation makes it a bit unique.

The furlough thing had everyone furious, Liverpool fans included. In general I can just say that I support the players and the team around them, I don't associate with the guys up top who make these decisions at all - so I don't really get this "hate" towards Liverpool because of it. It's like hating Newcastle for having a shitty owner - but most people (myself included) seem to sympathize with them instead.
I don't them.because of this, I hate them because I grew up in the 80s and they've always been dicks.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

No the hate is because bell ends like you endlessly defend shit decisions made by them. Wise up.