Liverpool refuse to refund fans who could not attend Liverpool v Atletico Madrid (Atletico have covered the €17k)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Liverpool have shown their true colors over the last few days. Embarrassing club.

Cloud7

Liverpool are really having a PR nightmare recently aren’t they?

Josh 76

Heysel
Suarez
Furlonging
Now this.......
Do this fraud of a club ever learn!

Liverpool are really having a PR nightmare recently aren’t they?
Recently?

The never ending Hillsborough campaign is about the only good thing they've ever done.

Greck

This is the board United fans (Jose fans) used to brown nose back then. They were incompetent before Klopp and continue to show their true colours

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Vile club somehow painted as standard bearers. How they get away with it is beyond me

GBBQ

There really is no such thing as a benevolent owner. You don't become the billionaire owner of a sports team by being generous.

it is just nice that being knocked out of the CL, the loss to Watford, the furloughing, the season possibly being voided and now this has really taken the sheen off what was at one point looking like a record winning title.

hp88

They will do a u-turn in a day or two and get praised for their actions.

Acole9

Outstanding
Tin pot club, not worthy of the Premier League title.

RedDevilRoshi

Liverpool’s true colours have really come out during this worldwide pandemic.

Absolute scum of a club

Deery

Dreary
You’ll never walk alone, Liverpool for the little man..

Castia

Wonder how Oliver Holt will spin this one.
Had to stop following him on Twitter he’s a complete weapon. He hates United with a passion and his obsessive hate for Jose Mourinho is bizarre to say the least.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Is there a more concrete source for this than sportwitness? It's on a few of the shitrag tabloids now (who are all quoting a Spanish tabloid).but nothing from Sky or BBC yet.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Had to stop following him on Twitter he’s a complete weapon. He hates United with a passion and his obsessive hate for Jose Mourinho is bizarre to say the least.
He's an avid Liverpool fan. The funny thing is, he thinks he does a good job of hiding it. What is it about Liverpool supporting journos that turns them into deluded blinkered mentalists? There's something really odd about that club.

This one made me laugh. You can almost see his brain working 'feck, I better not make this too obvious'...

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shambolic club who are out of touch with the world.

Tarrou

what a turnaround they've had PR-wise

everyone was drooling over them a couple of months ago

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This is the board United fans (Jose fans) used to brown nose back then. They were incompetent before Klopp and continue to show their true colours
I genuinely do think ‘this Liverpool board’ has been absolutely adorned by Klopp’s (and his coaching/staff) brilliance, in the same way ‘our board’ has had their shortcomings exemplified by poor coaching in the past however many years.

Everything looks a little rosier now on our side because of a string of strong performances. It’s basically how it works. Us armchair fans have absolutely no idea of the workings of gigantic companies.

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
How normal is it for the home team to refund the away team's tickets in (somewhat) similar situations? From what I can remember, it's usually the away team that refunds their own team, despite the home team getting the ticket income.

The furlough thing was huge, and rightly so - but this is yawn-inducing and shouldn't be a controversy.

Cloud7

I genuinely do think ‘this Liverpool board’ has been absolutely adorned by Klopp’s (and his coaching/staff) brilliance, in the same way ‘our board’ has had their shortcomings exemplified by poor coaching in the past however many years.

Everything looks a little rosier now on our side because of a string of strong performances. It’s basically how it works. Us armchair fans have absolutely no idea of the workings of gigantic companies.
This is completely the truth. This is the same board that squandered the Suarez money on stars like Benteke. The same board that bought players like Stewart Downing to Liverpool. The only reason this board look good now is because they have arguably the best, or at worst second best, manager in the world leading the team.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
As a (VERY) outspoken man of strong morals, I’d love to hear Klopp’s thoughts of his clubs recent decisions :rolleyes:

Crustanoid

Is this now a 4th asterisk next to their amazing achievements to humanity in 19/20 (after the abnormal league, furlough-gate and the Covid-transmission-SpecialNightatAnfield debacle)?

NWRed

How normal is it for the home team to refund the away team's tickets in (somewhat) similar situations? From what I can remember, it's usually the away team that refunds their own team, despite the home team getting the ticket income.

The furlough thing was huge, and rightly so - but this is yawn-inducing and shouldn't be a controversy.
The point is Liverpool pocketed the money from their fans tickets and have refused to refund it, hardly rocket science to get your head around. Away clubs have sometimes refunded travel costs but often ticket costs, although I do recall disputes between clubs over the hiking of prices and clubs reciprocating and then subsidising their own fans tickets.

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
The point is Liverpool pocketed the money from their fans tickets and have refused to refund it, hardly rocket science to get your head around. Away clubs have sometimes refunded travel costs but often ticket costs, although I do recall disputes between clubs over the hiking of prices and clubs reciprocating and then subsidising their own fans tickets.
The story has been utterly misrepresentented. I read now that Atletico assured their fans long BEFORE the game that they would refund any ticket of people who didn't travel. Why would Liverpool refund them when Atletico already promised to do so? Liverpool never refused to refund anything, because no one asked them to (and didn't have to).

https://www.atleticodemadrid.com/no...ara-socios-con-entrada-para-anfield-liverpool

Non-controversy.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!

Exactly: The point is Liverpool pocketed the money from their fans tickets and have refused to refund it, hardly rocket science to get your head around.
YAWN

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
Exactly: The point is Liverpool pocketed the money from their fans tickets and have refused to refund it, hardly rocket science to get your head around.
YAWN
Nope. Atletico already promised their fans they'd refund them if they didn't travel before the game (as advised by their government). Liverpool was never asked to refund anything. Again: https://www.atleticodemadrid.com/no...ara-socios-con-entrada-para-anfield-liverpool

Hardly rocket science, as you say - and also not something controversial or worthy of a media headline. But hey, it suits the narrative so whatever.

IRELANDUNITED

No matter what good gestures they attempt now it will always be seen as trying to score brownie points after making a total show of themselves! They are an absolute disgrace.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Classless,
Racist,
Cringy,
Stingy,
Delusional,
Face saving,
Almost League winning,
YAWN singing,
Non proper english speaking,
Heavy metal football worshipping,
Bright toothed managers appointing,
Grass, wind and CoronaVirus blaming,
dislikable pricks.

What's funny is, this time They are doing it to their own fans. So I cannot really complain.