Liverpool V Manchester United

gaz hacket

We have both started the season fairly poorly, but we have managed to grind out a couple of results which in recent seasons would not have happened. Our determination and mental strength levels have certainly improved this season.

The thing that gives me optimism for this fixture, is the fact that we have a proven quality striker, who will at some point get chances.

You are toiling on that score. With the exception of Tevez, you have no-one in that bracket.

Clearly Ronaldo is being missed, and unless you sign a striker within the next 2 days, then you will continue to struggle to score goals.
So you support that boring load of crap i watched yesterday against villa my how you have got better ,NOT , as for bringing people in jesus you look even less threatening .

Ronaldo#7

Van der Sar
Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Fletcher Scholes Anderson
Tevez Berbatov Rooney

Giggs, Park and Nani on the bench can come on in the 2nd half to give us some more legs.

Liverpool without both Gerrard and Torres, so I fully expect a win (even with those 2 in the side i would still expect to win this game).

Man Utd 2-0

Tevez & Berbatov the scorers!:drool:

reddevilcanada

let's hope the injury to Torres keeps him out for this one and it would be nice to see Mr. Liverpool miss this one as well, although he'll be in Ando's pocket even if he does play....

I think Rooney will give us the win in this one with a couple of goals. They'll probably get a goal via a set-piece or something as well.

kps88

Benitez holds breath over Torres

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is sweating over the fitness of striker Fernando Torres after the striker limped off.

Torres will have a scan tomorrow to determine the extent of the hamstring injury suffered during the goalless draw with Aston Villa in the Barclays Premier League.

He pulled up suddenly during the first half and immediately signalled he was unable to play any further part in the game.

The Spain international now has a two-week international break before Liverpool return to action against Manchester United and then, in the Champions League, Marseille.

Benitez said: "We will have to see what the scan shows tomorrow. When you lose Steven Gerard and then Torres, it is always a problem.

"We will have to see the extent of the injury. If it is like Gerrard's, it could be 10 to 15 days and he may only miss one game.

"We will just keep our fingers crossed that it is nothing too serious."

rooney__10

I wouldn't mind seeing this if carrick can come back from injury ok, seen as though nani off form parks been out for so long and ronaldos injured.

-----------Van Der Sar----------
-----------Rio------Vida-------
rafael-----------------------Evra
-------------Carrick-------------
-----Fletcher------------Ando-----
-------------Scholes------------
--------Tevez----Rooney--------

Thats if fergie trusts rafael to start in such a big game. However it is a massive game to be trying out fairly new tactics.

Alex

I hope Anderson scores his first PL goal, I will go nuts

Alex

I have predicted it 5 or more times.:(:(
I have as well, didnt predict him to do it in a CL shootout but the boy walked up like a man and did the business. He is seriously a few goals away from being rated as one of the best ihn the world his acceleration is ala Henry

rooney__10

I have as well, didnt predict him to do it in a CL shootout but the boy walked up like a man and did the business. He is seriously a few goals away from being rated as one of the best ihn the world his acceleration is ala Henry
a bit ott

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Well, I expect Fletcher to start on the right thats for sure. He is always played in these type of games. I'd also go with Scholes and Carrick in the middle. I'd lob Nani on the left, he's one of the few players that seems to be able to deliver a great performance against quality opposition.

Rooney and Tevez upfront as I can't see us signing Berbatov...

--Fletcher--Scholes--Carrick--Nani--
---------Tevez-----Rooney---------

(normal defense).

Red_Jamie

Liverpool (with Gerrard and Torres) 0 - 1 United (with Berbatov)

Liverpool (with Gerrard and Without Torres) 0 - 1 United (with Berbatov)

Liverpool (without Gerrard and with Torres) 0 - 2 United (With Berbatov)

Liverpool (without Gerrard and Torres) 0 - 2 United (with Berbatov)

Liverpool (with Gerrard and Torres) 0 - 0 United (without Berbatov)

Liverpool (with Gerrard and Without Torres) 0 - 0 United (without Berbatov)

Liverpool (without Gerrard and with Torres) 0 - 0 United (Without Berbatov)

Liverpool (without Gerrard and Torres) 0 - 1 United (without Berbatov)

i'm going for 0 -1

PaulScholes03

United are bound to lose to these fecks eventually. Hopefully not this match. I'm a bit nervous but perhaps we'll have our new Cantona by then.
Yes, but actually if there's a match I'd pick for us to lose to them, it's this match, coz it's early in the season and there's still time for us to pick up the pieces. Also, it's better than losing to them in the Champions League or a high-stakes PL match later in the season.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Reading through RAWK, it's unbelievable how many of them actually predict a win every single year. They always have a 'sneaky feeling' that they will just 'nick it' 1-0, or that they're 'due a win'.

feck, I love beating those cnuts.

Havak

Pokemon master
Torres definately ruled out for this game, 2-3 weeks until he'll be ready to play again. (Hopefully Gerrard will be missing too).

Havak

Pokemon master
Love playing Liverpool, they haven't beat us for a while now and are probably due a win. They're without Torres and possibly Gerrard, we'll be missing Ronaldo for sure. (Carrick, Hargreaves & Giggs are all possible choices, and it's still possible we could sign Dimitar Berbatov at this time).

Fergie's line-up:

------------------- Van Der Sar ----------------
- Brown ----- Ferdinand ---- Vidić ------ Evra -
------------- Anderson ------- Scholes ---------
- Fletcher ------------------------------ Nani -
---------------- Tévez ---- Rooney -------------

Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, O'Shea, Park Ji-Sung, Possebon, Gibson & Rafael De Silva.

This is a "worst-case" scenario line-up IMO. This is in case we don't have Carrick, Hargreaves or Giggs fit and don't manage to sign Berbatov. Fergie will be reluctant to drop Fletcher after such good performances in the Premier League so far, not to mention he's the only one to chip in with goals so far. It'd be harsh to drop him even if we have Hargreaves back. Anyway, that's almost an unchanged team from the match with Zenit St. Petersburg, which we lost, but on paper that's our strongest team. (I'd personally have Park on the right for more penetration, but I feel that Fergie will utilize the pace of Park towards the end of the game, especially seeing how he won't be at full match fitness). The rest of the team picks itself, we only have the two strikers, Neville isn't up to full fitness and Brown is probably better than him now sadly. Nani needs to perform, Scholes needs to keep his hands off the ball etc. But all in all it's a strong side.

If we get any of our injured players back, he'll probably stick them on the bench instead of some of our less experienced players. (Gibson, Possebon, Rafael). I'm unsure if he'll start Berbatov if we manage to make the signing, but seeing him on the bench would also make me happy.

I'm going to be boring and predict a 0-0 draw as both teams are lacking penetration, playing badly and missing players. In theory it's got 0-0 written all over it, but since it's Liverpool vs Manchester United, we've got to expect some crazy things to happen.

(Just in case you were wondering, which I doubt people are, I'd play Fletcher in the middle next to Scholes with Park on the wing. Anderson on the bench for a bit of a rest, though that's providing we only have the squad I posted up there already).

hotshot2004

we should line up with all defenders, we are bound to score a dozen based on the previous meetings.

could do with dipperslayer mickey back

(yes! i knew i could get it in)
i agree line up should be something like this

VDS

Neville - Rooney - Berba - Evra

Brown - oShea - Scholes - Giggs

- Rio - Vida

:lol::lol:

Skelter

Internet GYPO
Will Hargreaves and Carrick be back? Hope so!

VDS
Brown - Rio - Vidic - Evra
Hargreaves - Scholes -Carrick
Tevez - Berbatov - Rooney

:drool::drool:

Havak

Pokemon master
Anderson is now injured, ruled out of the Brazil squad with an undisclosed injury. (Probably driving Fergie around Manchester all day looking for Dimitar, tweaked his ankle).

So:

------------------- Van Der Sar ----------------
- Brown ----- Ferdinand ---- Vidić ------ Evra -
------------- Fletcher ------- Scholes ---------
- Park Ji-Sung --------------------------- Nani -
---------------- Tévez ---- Rooney -------------

Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, O'Shea, Possebon, Gibson, Rafael De Silva & Berbatov.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
So does Berbatov start?
There is a decent chance I think, he has plenty of time to get ready and train with his teammates etc.

There is no bigger game that he could make his debut in!

Whether him Tevez and Rooney start at the same time is probably the question.

December_16

VDS

Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Scholes
Anderson
Carrick

Nani
Tevez
Rooney

Subs: Kuszy, Neville, Fletcher, Park, O'Shea, Hargreaves, Berbatov.

Injuries permitted, of course.

1-0 Berbatov (coming as a sub) would be nice. But I wouldn't bet against Rooney releasing one against the scousers.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
(Liverpool - Gerrard - Torres) + (United + Berbatov) = Win
(Liverpool + Gerrard + Torres) + (United + Berbatov) = Win

Im not worried about this one

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I wouldn't be surprised if Berbs starts on the bench.

I can all him Berbs now because he's ours!

giggs-beckham

Clueless
vds

brown ferdinand vidic evra

nani scholes carrick giggs

rooney berbatov​

Or:

vds

brown ferdinand vidic evra

carrick scholes fletcher

rooney berbatov tevez​

(Dont think anderson and hargreaves will be fit)

Jacob

Jacob's prediction

Line-up:

------------------------VDS---------------------
Brown--------Ferdinand-------Vidic-----------Evra
Nani----------Scholes---------Fletcher-------Giggs
---------------Rooney---------Tevez-------------

Score: Liverpool 1 - 2 Manchester United

Goals: Rooney, Nani

Player to watch: Rooney

rooney__10

Jacob's prediction