Anfield

Kick-off
Mon, 17 October 2016 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    People forget that Liverpool are averaging nearly 3 goals a game. And we restricted them to zero clear cut chances. Just a shot through a crowd and a long range strike.

Anyone on here during the build-up would have taken a point! Unhappy because I really think we could have won it. Game of chess at the end of the day!
    Loving the positivity, I'm gonna pour you a glass of orange juice.

A point better than nothing. Don't care if we play shit on stick, we need to settle down and be solid in the first instance. Need some bleeping goals though:(

Good job mourinho. We are as far away we were from league leaders with probably the toughest game of the season out of our way. It also shows teams how to play against Liverpool. All in all a good weekend for us, yes the entertainment wasnt there but we needed the result more than the entertainment.

so many were predicting a possible hammering (me included) I'm actually happy with the result. Mou's tactics worked.....not a great spectacle...but tactically interesting.

We needed a win badly tonight as we have been poor lately. A draw would be ok normally but our performance was dire going forward and Liverpool deserved to win this as they had the better chances. I got to be honest i don´t think we are getting top 4 this season as our attack is too average and wont get us enough goals.

We needed a win badly tonight as we have been poor lately. A draw would be ok normally but our performance was dire going forward and Liverpool deserved to win this as they had the better chances. I got to be honest i don´t think we are getting top 4 this season as our attack is too average and wont get us enough goals.
    Such an obvious WUM you won't last long! :cool::D:wenger::devil::lol:

feck me was that not the biggest anti climax ever. Good point for you tho - Mourinho's game plan worked well especially in the first half.

Happy with a draw considering how much of hiding we were gonna get supposedly. Pity we didn't show more belief in ourselves to get the goal because we have the quality. De Gea two top saves but Valencia's tackle on Firmino was superb.

Maybe it's just bias, but I thought Anthony Taylor let them get away with a lot of niggly fouls tonight but called us on every one.

so many were predicting a possible hammering (me included) I'm actually happy with the result. Mou's tactics worked.....not a great spectacle...but tactically interesting.

The tactics worked but we needed DdD to pull off two world class saves. Can't really rely on that happening all the time.

Herrera, Young and Bailly were very good. Ibra was shite but didn't really have much to work with. Pogba was completely pointless. We really missed Martial on the counter but not the worst result.

Well a point was the least we could live with from this game, so not all doom and gloom. Terrible second half from us though.

Lots of stuff to talk about, but the only thing that must be mentioned is that Herrera has to be first name on the team sheet from here on out. Head and shoulders ahead as our best player tonight, and the best on the pitch by a good distance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Ander Herrera image Ander Herrera 65% of 746 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 565 ratings.

Score Predictions