Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    I'm going to be superstitious here.
    In the last few games where we have thrashed teams, I have been bullish, but not submitted an official prediction.
    So, for this game, again, I will be bullish, we should probably win by a 3 goal margin. I won't submit any official score prediction, though.

Superstition aside, it'll be a tough game, because LFC tend to treat this as a one-off Cup game (and that's fair enough).

Last edited:

minoo-utd

On papers we have the better defence, better GK, quite better midfield with Matic and Herrera/Fele, and our attacking players can cause problems to anyone and can score every game so far, so IMO the only problem is that after the international break we usually are not ready so just hope this time things change as I think we are better than them and we can win this, hopefully Jose play to win not to defend.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
    We need to be aggressive and attack them. They really are a shambles at the back and we shouldn’t be too afraid. Yes, keep it tight and look to expose that on the counter attack, but I don’t want to see us going there with absolutely no desire than to get a point. We can win this game and should be aiming to do so. Our confidence would be through the roof with a dominant win at Anfield, Jose has to be brave.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
    I really hope we bring our A game against Liverpool and do not suffer some sort of post international duty slump.

They are there for the taking and we need to prove we can beat the bigger teams.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Liverpool are so one-dimensional that we just need to stop their plan A and we should be fine. We did that last year but we can't completely park the bus like we did last year. With the confidence we have in attack we will pose more of a threat.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
    You guys are all kidding yourselves, Mourinho won't stop being Mourinho. He'll go for the easiest pragmatic way to win, and that's not all attack.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
    DDG
    Valencia Bailly Jones Young
    Herrera Matic
    Rashford Fellaini Martial
    Lukaku
    Long balls is the way to go.

PoTMS

I reckon we have a better chance of beating them if we attack them from the off rather than park the bus. As it’s often said, attack is the best form of defence but I trust Mou in that he knows best. I don’t think anyone would be surprised to see a three man midfield of Herrera, Matic and Fellaini with the pace of Rashford and possibly Mkhitaryan on the wings. Martial on the bench is a given but I hope to god Lingard doesn’t start. Left back is a problem as Salah will have most of our options on toast.

el3mel

We can't attack them like madmen because they'll hunt us on the counters using Mane and Salah speed. They are struggling against midtable teams because they close the game tightly and deprive them of spaces, so we need to play it tight and compact. Close all spaces and have one marking Coutinho to prevent him from shooting outside the box, they we can hunt them easily on any chance we get as the game goes one. Before anyone saying City, the game between them and Liverpool as an equivalent one till Mane red card then the massacre started, before it Liverpool actually got some chances past City defense using apaces. They collapsed after the red card.

If we played it right, we'll win, or at least get a draw.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
    JDT
    Lets park the bus for long period of time, and lets hope Tony handed the ball in their box, and dove to win a challenge with no liverpool players around him and lukaku cooly slot the ball home in between mignolets legs, and then proceed to time waste until the final Whistle, keep diving here and there. Because, you know.. Just cos..

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
    Offside goal or a bad penalty decision to sicken the scousers please.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
    I want to beat them so badly. Their defence is there to get blitzed. I really hope Mourinho backs us to go for the 3 points rather than the safe 1 point like last season.

GBBQ

You guys are all kidding yourselves, Mourinho won't stop being Mourinho. He'll go for the easiest pragmatic way to win, and that's not all attack.
    He's not stupid though, the whole world can see that the best way to take on Liverpool is to attack them.

Pivotal match, if we win we're 10 points ahead if we lose, its down to 4 points and could give them a shot in the arm to get their season back on track. Would prefer this match to have taken place before the international break though.

Bestietom

This is the first of our toughest games ahead. We have Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea coming up shortly after this game. We will then see if we are in the fight for the Premiership. We don't meet City until 9th December but we need to stay up there with them until we meet. These games will be our biggest test and show where we are and what we are made of.

Witchking

Last season, before the game against Liverpool, everyone was gung ho about how United are on a roll and will win. Instead we saw a United team playing defensively.

Hopefully this time i hope Jose is happy with the attacking players he has and goes after Liverpool's defence. It will suck if United again plan to sit back and hope to hit on the counter because Liverpool have got good players who can hurt us.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    This is the first of our toughest games ahead. We have Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea coming up shortly after this game. We will then see if we are in the fight for the Premiership. We don't meet City until 9th December but we need to stay up there with them until we meet. These games will be our biggest test and show where we are and what we are made of.
    I hope we hammer them but I smell a draw. BTW is the December match v City home or away?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    Ah, the game I hate more then any other.

I'm worried about this one, they're due a good result, and they're always likely to game raise against big opposition... plus, our defenders are due a collective shit-fest as they've all kept their noses fairly dry since Stoke... so yeah, not feeling too positive, despite how good we've been lately, and how crap they've been. Feck I hate this game.

Gerald G

De Gea
    Valencia--Bailly--Jones--Darmian/Young
    Herrera--Matic--Fellaini
    Rashford--Lukaku--Martial​

cyberman

Jose will take all emotion out of this. I hope he doesn't automatically go defensive just because it's at Anfield.
    I think we'll play a back 3 with the spare centre back sweeping up the runs in behind, we can push up and pressure their weak midfield and help supply the front players.
    Hopefully.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    Jose will take all emotion out of this. I hope he doesn't automatically go defensive just because it's at Anfield.
    I think we'll play a back 3 with the spare centre back sweeping up the runs in behind, we can push up and pressure their weak midfield and help supply the front players.
    Hopefully.
    Yeah, I can see him having Lukaku and Martial as a front 2, Herrera, Fellaini and Matic behind them, Valencia and Young as WB and Smalling, Jones and Bailly in defense.

Ban

God I hate this fixture. Will be nervous as f.
    We're coming as favorites but anyone who thinks we'll win comfortably is silly. It will be a nervy, horrible game. Although they're in a little crisis they're still dangerous in attack and we need to be careful. Not to careful tho, we must attack and expose their faulty backline. Defensive approach and hitting them on the counter. Frustrate them and Klopp who doesn't like when an oppo team doesn't play like he wants them to.

They're going to definitely raise their game for this one.

Ugh. What a horrible fixture.

AdnanRED

I really think they are there for the taking, as good as they are on counters and in attack they miss so many chances and somehow I believe are worse than last year.

This game is like a cup final for them though, I expect them to bring up something to pump them up a bit and the crowd before the game, maybe Bob Shankly's dead dogs anniversary or something.

I think we can beat them with a 4231, just keep coutinho on his left foot and don't push up too much because they are bound to make a mistake.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    Yeah, I can see him having Lukaku and Martial as a front 2, Herrera, Fellaini and Matic behind them, Valencia and Young as WB and Smalling, Jones and Bailly in defense.
    This sounds strong to me. As is his wont Jose will adapt, but while I'm happy to see adjustments in formation and game management from Palace at home to Anfield I'm slightly concerned we'll lack in ambition like we did in too many big games last season.

Sitting back breaking down their attacks then countering quickly sounds a good way to get at their shaky rearguard but I worry we'll hem ourselves in too much. I hate to pile on him as he's done well this season but Fellaini worries me in this system; I don't like him when he's being pressed and the imperative is on him to move the ball forwards quickly.

Liverpool have been poor at converting chances but I think they'll make a couple, and if they take one I'm concerned we'll be drawn out to be caught ourselves on the counter.

I want to see us trust our CBs to hang tough and for Matic/Herrera/Fellaini to screen effectively while we commit men forward. It would be a bad sign if Lukaku has to drop deep too often away from Martial/Rashford to get on the ball.

This is a bit of a cautious post but I've not gone into a game against these lot in as expectant a mood in a long time. We're the better team in far better form but we need to give ourselves the chance to show it. If we show some positivity I think we can really hurt them.

Trizy

I honestly don't think there is a need to sit back and try hit them on the break that we might need to do at City or Chelsea away.

They're completely shite at the back. If we play against them like we did in all our 4-0 wins, we'll score 3-4 goals. Grant it we might concede but we'll out score them.

cyberman

I dont see the need for Fellaini when we have such a defensive block.
    I can see Mkhi playing behind Lukaku and Martial / Rashford since we would need someone to carry the ball and slip those little passes through.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    Ah, the game I hate more then any other.

I'm worried about this one, they're due a good result, and they're always likely to game raise against big opposition... plus, our defenders are due a collective shit-fest as they've all kept their noses fairly dry since Stoke... so yeah, not feeling too positive, despite how good we've been lately, and how crap they've been. Feck I hate this game.
    I suspect we concede goals here. I predicted 2 - 2 draw. One of these insane, incident filled, goal-in-the-first-minute, pinball, perfect-goal-given-offside sort of games. Then I snuck back and went 2 - 3 to United. 97th minute, Jones nicks a corner and smashes the upright in the process.

SouthPredators4

I think if Mourinho is playing 3 CBs, Lindelof should play in place of Smalling. We have no need for Smalling's aerial ability but his lack of passing and technique would be detrimental to our ball retention. Play Lindelof the furthest forward of the three CBs like a libero to lend weight to Matic and Herrera when Fellani moves up in anticipation of a long ball or crosses. Surely our best tactics in Anfield.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
    On current form we should beat Liverpool easily. We're great going forward and more than solid at the back. They've been decent going forward and atrocious at the back.

However, form goes out the window in these games and you know the Liverpool that show up to play us will not be the same Liverpool that showed up to play Newcastle. They are game raisers.

All that being said, it would be be very disappointing to come away from this with less than three points. No matter how their attack performs, we should be able to exploit their back line far more than they exploit ours. We should get way more chances than them. Let's hope we take them.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
    We really shouldn’t change our team too much for Liverpool. I feel that was a big mistake when we played Stoke away.

A simple Mata for Herrera swap should be enough.

Womp

idiot
    With how shit they've been, it's only expected they'll put in the best performances of their lives as they're playing us. Feckin' cnuts

Will happily take a scrappy 1-0.

Devil may care

Their fans will be whipped up into a frenzy by yellow jaws and their players will be doing that gangbang press thing like an asteroid is about to hit earth, but I'll be disappointed if we can't find a way to punish their comical defense, they are there to be taken with our counter attack if Jose doesn't play too deep.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 574 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw