Kick-off
Sun, 17 December 2023 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

I don't understand those that won't watch because it looks inevitable we'll get humped. Surely supporting the club means supporting the club, good times and the bad times.

I think it'll be a walk in the park for Liverpool, but I'll still watch, sometimes big upsets happen. I'm hoping for one this weekend.
    The caf has decided we only want good times

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Yes, but not many choices right now. Might stick Hannibal in there.
    Or Donny:eek:
    True. I’d just stick the 3 most defensive ones and pray for a 0-0 or smash and grab. Best we can hope for at the minute. We can’t match teams like that.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    The game I always fear the most over the year, the first one I check on the calendar is when we go to Anfield.

I am usually afraid because it's the only game I want us to behave aggresively, being fighters and being more than footballers.

Unfortunately we have been too poor the past few years, and almost every time there have been a shame, especially last year.

We are poor, without confidence and we go there depleted.

Is there a time when we'll be able to go there and have a chance to win ?

--------------------------------------Onana-------------------------------------
    AWB--------------------Evans-----Varane/Lindelof------------Dalot
    -----------------------------Mainoo----Amrabat---------------------------
    Antony--------------------------Mc Tominay----------------Garnacho
    ---------------------------------------Hojlund------------------------------------

fergiewherearethou

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    Mourinho got sacked by a horrendous display at Anfield but after conceding 2 unlucky deflections from Shaquiri if I remember right. Maybe the history will repeat itself, who knows...
    I have 0 hopes about this game I just can't think of any scenario in which we can even play decent football, nevermind get a point.

EireRed_GS

Onana
    AWB - Varane - Evans - Regulion
    Amrabat - Hannibal - Mainoo
    Garnacho - Hojlund - Rashford?

Lets be honest though.. it doesnt really matter who we play. We're prob gonna get smashed.. Im just praying its not another cricket score

erikcred

Mourinho got sacked by a horrendous display at Anfield but after conceding 2 unlucky deflections from Shaquiri if I remember right. Maybe the history will repeat itself, who knows...

If you told me that night that a few years later, we'd get beaten 7-0 at the same place and this time manager would keep his job, I'd have thought you'd gone mad.

I have 0 hopes about this game I just can't think of any scenario in which we can even play decent football, nevermind get a point.
    The only hope is to watch hours of footage of teams managed by Sean Dyche and just copy their strategy and hope for a deflection or something to go our way. Oh, and Klopp hates it when injuries make the game very stop-start. So there's that strategy.

always_hoping

If you told me that night that a few years later, we'd get beaten 7-0 at the same place and this time manager would keep his job, I'd have thought you'd gone mad.
    One big difference, United was ahead of Liverpool in the table before and after that 7-0 match. Now is more similar.

To add salt to wounds just look at the officials, hand picked appointments by Klopp himself?

Referee: Michael Oliver. Assistants: Stuart Burt, Dan Cook. Fourth official: Anthony Taylor. VAR: John Brooks. Assistant VAR: Simon Long.

erikcred

One big difference, United was ahead of Liverpool in the table before and after that 7-0 match. Now is more similar.
    And there's the drop in standards that's keeping ETH in a job right now.

A 7-0 humiliation to your worst rivals (among a generally spineless away record) means nothing as long as we get into the CL, which we don't belong in anyway as evidenced by this season.

To add salt to wounds just look at the officials, hand picked appointments by Klopp himself?

Referee: Michael Oliver. Assistants: Stuart Burt, Dan Cook. Fourth official: Anthony Taylor. VAR: John Brooks. Assistant VAR: Simon Long.
    I've no idea what this list means. What am I supposed to take from it?

BootsyCollins

True. I’d just stick the 3 most defensive ones and pray for a 0-0 or smash and grab. Best we can hope for at the minute. We can’t match teams like that.
    Its sad times indeed.

Whats even more sad is that i have lesser hope for us to make an upset, than f.ex Sheffield United or Luton. I just dont see us having it in us to do a smash and grab against the top teams. We will most probably be flat and uninspired.
    If we cant fire urself up against the teams over us in the table, then whats the point?

CallyRed

Onana
    AWB
    Varane
    Evans
    Regulion

Amrabat
    Mainoo
    McTominay

Antony
    Hojlund
    Rashford

always_hoping

A 7-0 humiliation to your worst rivals (among a generally spineless away record) means nothing as long as we get into the CL, which we don't belong in anyway as evidenced by this season.

That one individual result meant next to nothing for Liverpool as they missed out on CL football. A win on Sunday will be a lot different as it keep them top and leave the rest chasing them.

I'd gladly take finishing the season ahead of Liverpool in the table than losing individual matches (no matter how bad) against them. United are not going to do either this season.

What you are supposed to take from that is the choice of officials are in favour of Liverpool not that they needed that.

mancsarered

Thinking Ten Hag is in damage control mode between this and Bayern. Prevent a massacre and keep your job.

joedirt87

Record crowd to be at Anfield, they really want to see us get thrashed.

Waynne

The feckening Part 2. Starring Eric and his squad of goons.

Jokes aside we're gonna get mauled. In reality though it's gona be a spanking.
    I'll have to be content with either.

IWat

The feckening Part 2. Starring Eric and his squad of goons.

Jokes aside we're gonna get mauled. In reality though it's gona be a spanking.
    I'll have to be content with either.
    There is going to need to be a Brazzers logo on the TV feed.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

There will not be a strong refereeing staff on Sunday.

FerociousCorgis

would love to see amrabat-mainoo-hannibal as midfield 3. Stay compact and stay active with the pressure in midfield. Dont give any space. Sub hannibal out in 2nd half and then maybe give mctominay a chance to make late runs into box for a winning goal or something.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Secret against these is to close of there FBs. That’s their main creativity. Trent is probably one of there most dangerous players

erikcred

half of the team is out. what are you expecting? we are absolute outsiders for this
    Really? That's the excuse this time?

Think of the dogshit Liverpool sides against our juggernauts of the 90s and 00s. Not once did they roll over for us like we've been doing for them over the last few years. Home or away. Injury crisis or not.

But evidently, ETH has the blessings of so many fans to roll over again and again.

Last year -- meh! We finished above them anyway.
    This year --- meh! Much injury. Big match too scary for professional footballers playing in the top division.
    Next year -- meh! New ownership, teething problems behind the scenes.

We are absolute outsiders not because of any injuries, but because we have a manager with zero ability to light a fire under his players. And that's because they've realized that like them, he doesn't belong at this level either.

Most clubs down the table stand a much better chance against Liverpool than we do and I can promise you it's not because they all have better players than us.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    half of the team is out. what are you expecting? we are absolute outsiders for this
    We're missing our LB, CB and CM. So are Liverpool. Those odds are fair, it's just shambolic where we're at.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    The only hope is to watch hours of footage of teams managed by Sean Dyche and just copy their strategy and hope for a deflection or something to go our way. Oh, and Klopp hates it when injuries make the game very stop-start. So there's that strategy.
    We can't play differently, we will see the same line-up, same approach, same mistakes and a similar result.

SER19

genuine question - but why can liverpool and city for example, play 19 home games a season, and at least half will see a reasonably competitive effort from much 'poorer' teams than us on paper. Fulham for example, very nearly won there recently. Even everton lost 2 nil with a very harsh red card.

so while not expecting us to win, why cant we seem to go out and put in even an effort that a mid table side might - why have we shipped 4,5,6, and 7 against these teams lately? Why are we all fully expecting to be hammered? Surely we can have the incredibly low expectation of a non humiliating defeat - how did we get here?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 302 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw