Sun, 17 December 2023 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
    genuine question - but why can liverpool and city for example, play 19 home games a season, and at least half will see a reasonably competitive effort from much 'poorer' teams than us on paper. Fulham for example, very nearly won there recently. Even everton lost 2 nil with a very harsh red card.

so while not expecting us to win, why cant we seem to go out and put in even an effort that a mid table side might - why have we shipped 4,5,6, and 7 against these teams lately? Why are we all fully expecting to be hammered? Surely we can have the incredibly low expectation of a non humiliating defeat - how did we get here?
    It's a valid question. How many teams will lose 0-3 to Bournemouth at home this season either. Our current manager, and the one before him have collectively built a squad of completely shameless losers.

Roane

Liverpool are not the team or time to experiment but injuries and suspensions could be time to do something different.

I honestly think a bog standard old school 442 could be the answer for us.

Onana

AWB Varane Evans Reguilon

Antony Mainoo Amrabat Garnacho

Martial
    Hojlund/Marcus

I know and accept what people say about Martial. However he holds the ball up better than Rasmus currently and Rashford.

A 4 5 1 may also work simply as our MF is where we are losing games. In which case I would have Marcus as the one up front and put MCT in the middle with Mainoo and Amrabat.

I know there is much criticism of Amrabat. But I am liking what I see. He makes space, is everywhere and looks to pass forward. He is new to the league and needs time but more importantly he needs support from his MF partners. For me it's no coincidence Fred and Mainoo looked rubbish in teams that don't sit back. It's because Bruno and McT go walk abouts and the one man has too much ground to cover. You put Roy Keane in MF with Bruno and McT and he would look crap. And knowing Keane get sent off beating the crap out of them for Indiscipline

Matt Varnish

Really? That's the excuse this time?

Think of the dogshit Liverpool sides against our juggernauts of the 90s and 00s. Not once did they roll over for us like we've been doing for them over the last few years. Home or away. Injury crisis or not.

But evidently, ETH has the blessings of so many fans to roll over again and again.

Last year -- meh! We finished above them anyway.
    This year --- meh! Much injury. Big match too scary for professional footballers playing in the top division.
    Next year -- meh! New ownership, teething problems behind the scenes.

We are absolute outsiders not because of any injuries, but because we have a manager with zero ability to light a fire under his players. And that's because they've realized that like them, he doesn't belong at this level either.

Most clubs down the table stand a much better chance against Liverpool than we do and I can promise you it's not because they all have better players than us.
    Go into the kitchen, make an omelette, but don't break any eggs

Blood Mage

Onana
    Lindelof - Varane - Evans
    AWB - Amrabat - Mainoo - Reguilon
    McTominay
    Hojlund - Garnacho
    Damage limitation time.

space

We may as well play something fun since we are going to lose anyway:
    Whatever Back Four + Onana
    Mainoo Gore
    Pellestri Hannibal Garnacho
    Hojlund​

erikcred

Go into the kitchen, make an omelette, but don't break any eggs
    Okay.

I'll first spend most of my budget to buy a bunch of hens that I'm familiar with because I guess it should be easier to make the omelette with their eggs.

These hens that I demanded that the restaurant buy me, provide some shitty eggs, so I'll decide that I cannot make the only omelette I'm known for, because I don't have the "right" eggs for that sort of omelette.

Then, I'll decide to prioritize eggs from two hens that I desperately wanted to get rid of earlier in the day, but turns out these are the only two hens that'll lay passable eggs. Without those, I'm out of a job at this restaurant by mid day.

At this point, I realize I don't know how to make a top class omelette and figure out that the previous omelette I made back home was so well received only because everyone else in the town where I lived had to make do with cheap ingredients while I could outspend them comfortably. But sadly, this new town has chefs with actual skills and money for good ingredients. I'm fecked.

Matt Varnish

Okay.

I'll first spend most of my budget to buy a bunch of hens that I'm familiar with because I guess it should be easier to make the omelette with their eggs.

These hens that I demanded that the restaurant buy me, provide some shitty eggs, so I'll decide that I cannot make the only omelette I'm known for, because I don't have the "right" eggs for that sort of omelette.

Then, I'll decide to prioritize eggs from two hens that I desperately wanted to get rid of earlier in the day, but turns out these are the only two hens that'll lay passable eggs. Without those, I'm out of a job at this restaurant by mid day.

At this point, I realize I don't know how to make a top class omelette and figure out that the previous omelette I made back home was so well received only because everyone else in the town where I lived had to make do with cheap ingredients while I could outspend them comfortably. But sadly, this new town has chefs with actual skills and money for good ingredients. I'm fecked.
    Wooooooooooooooooooosh
    Thats the sound of sarcasm going right over your head

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
    It's really just going to come down to how much they want to embarrass us. Our players expect mercy after the beatings reach a certain point...sometimes that comes and the final scoreline is kinder than the performance. Fully expecting these feckers to try to run the score up as much as possible. If we hadn't been just so damn hopeless and unimaginative of late, we might even consider that a potential opportunity for us to try and get a result.

What on earth will our team look like for this ?

Could potentially be as bad as the below:

--------------------Onana----------------
    AWB-------Varane-----Evans-----Dalot
    ----------Amrabat-----Mainoo---------
    Anthony-----Mctominay------Garnacho
    --------------------Hojlund-----------------

Bench - Keeper, Reguilon, Rashford, Martial, Pellistri, kids

Absolute state of that for a club this size with the money spent.
    We have like 11 injuries tbh mate.

We're missing our LB, CB and CM. So are Liverpool. Those odds are fair, it's just shambolic where we're at.
    Licha
    Shaw
    Maguire
    Casemiro
    Eriksen
    Bruno
    Rashford

All played big parts in the last 12/18 months. All injured or suspended. Including our whole first choice midfield last year. Yes we will get battered but let’s be fair.

pauldyson1uk

It's really just going to come down to how much they want to embarrass us. Our players expect mercy after the beatings reach a certain point...sometimes that comes and the final scoreline is kinder than the performance. Fully expecting these feckers to try to run the score up as much as possible. If we hadn't been just so damn hopeless and unimaginative of late, we might even consider that a potential opportunity for us to try and get a result.
    :lol: They beat us 7-0 last season , they will be in front of their biggest crowd in over 50years, serious title contenders, they will want to grind our faces in to the pitch

always_hoping

Have myself convinced it's going to be at least a 4-0 win for Liverpool. What would be worse is United looking like they are about to claim the most unlikely draw only for VAR after 10 videos replays to give Liverpool a penalty in the 15th minute of added time for a Salah swan dive.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
    We're abject, with no spine or characters to stand up to Liverpool. We saw our true colours in the same fixture last season. Team is a disgrace. Salah will score in about 12 minutes after we press for 5 minutes before calling it a day. End result depends on how many Liverpool can be bothered to score. Our players will all still collect 200-300k though so who cares what the score is at the end of the day.

ROFLUTION

Badly need Evans and other leaders to step up in the dressing room for this game.

There'll be no "pass it to Bruno" this time, so better play as a unit and grow some cojones quick.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.

RedUnited86

So by Sunday evening, we'll have lost 52% of all our games this season.

Yeah, but he just needs more time :rolleyes:

Revan

Assumptionman
    And there's the drop in standards that's keeping ETH in a job right now.

A 7-0 humiliation to your worst rivals (among a generally spineless away record) means nothing as long as we get into the CL, which we don't belong in anyway as evidenced by this season.

I've no idea what this list means. What am I supposed to take from it?
    It means nothing. Every EPL manager here is accused of having an anti-United agenda. So every week we get a variation of 'FFS, look at X being the referee' while X changes every week.

Josh 76

13 - 0 to Liverpool at Anfield since we last scored there.
    They have scored 10 at OT in their last 3 visits. That's 21 goals against us in last 5 meetings. fecking disgusting. We are definitely their new Everton !

Oranges038

Another record for ETH to break.

Utd will win 3-1.

Fcuk Liverpool, they were garbage against Palace and lucked out with the Ayew red card. Poor finishing and Allison kept them in the game, they can be got at and do give away chances. Just need to take them when they come.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
    Another record for ETH to break.

Utd will win 3-1.

Fcuk Liverpool, they were garbage against Palace and lucked out with the Ayew red card. Poor finishing and Allison kept them in the game, they can be got at and do give away chances. Just need to take them when they come.
    Famous last words

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 302 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win