Liverpool vs Tottenham-What’s the best result for us?

spaceboyRSA

In life, compromise is important. A draw is probably the perfect balance between us getting closer to third and hindering Liverpool.

That said, my wife tells me I don’t compromise, so go spuds!

Thomas Hunter

Of course Liverpool needs to win. It doesn't matter, at this point they are just in their own league with City, and they will likely finish 2nd, so I don't care if they win, because that's what is better for us. Honestly it will be very hard to clinch a top 4 considering our upcoming fixtures. Even then, if Chelsea or Arsenal win Europa League, which they have big chances of, we wouldn't have Champions League next season. So we need all the points we can get et our opponents the less they can. I hope this is correct, english is not my first language. I still believe we can finish 3rd though.

robinrooney

Liverpool win would be the best result.

The draw is what I'm hoping for.

Spurs hopefully drop points against city later in the season.

We still need to win our own games.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Liverpool win. Wtf is wrong with some of you? We need to secure top four as early as possible. It's not as if Liverpool are competing with a pub side for the title. City have won 7 in a row. They will do their job.

Cristiano_RAFC

I'll take a draw. Spurs would only be 1 point ahead, whilst Liverpool only gets level on points with City with City still having a game in hand. If I'm not mistaken Spurs still has City to play so I'm hoping they lose that one too. Irrespective of today's game, we will need to get a high point tally from our last 7 games to get top 4 anyway and we have some very difficult fixtures yet to play.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Liverpool win. Wtf is wrong with some of you? We need to secure top four as early as possible. It's not as if Liverpool are competing with a pub side for the title. City have won 7 in a row. They will do their job.
Spurs still have to go to the Etihad. I suspect regardless of this result at Anfield Spurs will be out of the top 4. A draw for me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If City do their job, it will include them beating us too so that's a no-no for me, I'd much rather see Liverpool lose points today (a draw is what I'm hoping for)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If City do their job, it will include them beating us too so that's a no-no for me, I'd much rather see Liverpool lose points today (a draw is what I'm hoping for)
That's part of my thinking. I feel they will beat us. We need some margin for error.

gr3yham3

Of course Liverpool needs to win. It doesn't matter, at this point they are just in their own league with City, and they will likely finish 2nd, so I don't care if they win, because that's what is better for us. Honestly it will be very hard to clinch a top 4 considering our upcoming fixtures. Even then, if Chelsea or Arsenal win Europa League, which they have big chances of, we wouldn't have Champions League next season. So we need all the points we can get et our opponents the less they can. I hope this is correct, english is not my first language. I still believe we can finish 3rd though.
That's not right. 4th place only misses out on UCL spot IF:

1. Both the UCl and EL winner's are from the PL
2. Both of the winners also did not finish in the top 4 positions in the PL

So that means for that to happen, either one of Chelsea/arsenal finish out of top 4 but win the EL, while Spurs win the UCL but also finish out of the top 4.

Relfy

Draw or Spurs win - can't have the dippers winning the title

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Nothing but win win for me regardless of the result Every possibility does us a favour.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
You win whatever happens.

If Spurs win, you can laugh at us.
If we win, you can laugh at Spurs, & be a lot more confident in the race for third.
This is the right answer, any result is a win for us.

Irrational.

A draw. How anyone can make this Liverpool team and their fans even more cocky is beyond me. Next best result would be a Spurs win.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Hate to say it, but a Liverpool win please. Wouldn't matter if we had beaten Arsenal, but needs must.

Let City take care of Liverpool. We need all the help we can get especially as we're looking so precarious.

Hoof the ball

This is perhaps one of the only games Liverpool have left with which they could drop points. I'm all for self-interest, but I don't want to see Liverpool over the finish line.

A draw would be good.

Phil Osophy

I rate top 4 too much to be succesful in the near future, just to think about what Liverpool do or not. I think CL qualification could be an inflexion point and define our future for good or bad, so I grab with both hands every point our rivals lose at the moment.

It's not the final day of the season anyway, so Liverpool can (and will) win today and still depend on City, with 6 games more to play where they can bottle it as they know to do. It's clear for me.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
You win whatever happens.

If Spurs win, you can laugh at us.
If we win, you can laugh at Spurs, & be a lot more confident in the race for third.
No if Spurs win they almost certainly end up ahead of us. If they lose we have a small chance to overtake them. Either way the odds are not stacked in our favour

Also my biggest fear this year is City winning the Quadruple. So I'd rather Liverpool win the title than that.