Liverpool will win the league

PoTMS

It's happening. We better prepare for it now.

el3mel

Guess this is it folks. The record Sir Alex worked so hard to break and bring it to us is getting taken back from us again this year. They'll equal the record this season and have no doubt in my mind the 21 for them will follow soon.

We're about to destroy the last bits of Ferguson work at United that still stood firm since his retirement.

Oh well.

Guy Incognito

Our best player is leaving. Looked what happened to City without De Bruyne. That said, Jota has to start and Nunez has to go to the bench.
He was out for much of one season and they still won the title.

Think they'll be chuffed they are only five points behind with a game in hand.

Eddy_JukeZ

We have to root for City again, so Liverpool don't win it.

I truly hope INEOS change that at some point. The Glazers are an embarrassment.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

They are the favourites obviously. If we can stay within 3 points of them when Salah gets back we have an outside shot.

always_hoping

The stars have have aligned for Klopp's team. City the only genuine challenger will likely drop more points in matches they are expected to win and struggle to hit 80 points this season.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
I can't believe it but as of today I'm rooting for City to win it. Liverpool and their supporters have just been total scumbags recently. That dive by Jota today was the most blatant dive I have seen. The constant flooding of the Anfield pitch is positively third world in its sporting approach. And just the fact that the officials and the league are so clearly in Liverpool's corner.

DennisReynolds

I can't believe it but as of today I'm rooting for City to win it. Liverpool and their supporters have just been total scumbags recently. That dive by Jota today was the most blatant dive I have seen. The constant flooding of the Anfield pitch is positively third world in its sporting approach. And just the fact that the officials and the league are so clearly in Liverpool's corner.
Whereas Arsenal's first world sporting approach let to Rice slipping and conceding a penalty against West Ham.

VivaRonaldo85

£16 million for Endo, an unknown before his arrival who is doing a good job for them week in week out in their midfield. That’s called recruitment sadly lads.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
City are currently priced at 1.75, Liverpool at 3.75.

Sounds about right to me - 70-30 in City's favour.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Two horse race - Liverpool and Manchester City.

None of this should be unexpected, the rest are miles adrift no matter how the league table looks at times.

They have some world class players - there are no other world class players anywhere else in the PL.

Oranges038

Aye, he was but they had more creativity spread around midfield at that time. This is his longest spell out of the team since and right now they really lack a cutting edge without him, the players who have come in don't have the quality and impact as Mahrez, Silva, Sane and Sterling etc had.

Joel Miller

Got a bad feeling about it to be honest. Although Salah being away at AFCON could be huge. Fingers crossed for Egypt making the final.

MiceOnMeth

Lads something bad has happened.. the thought of Liverpool winning the league no longer sickens me :nervous: my hate of City and them winning 4 in a row is so strong that I actually hope Pool stuff those cheating cnuts

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Lads something bad has happened.. the thought of Liverpool winning the league no longer sickens me :nervous: my hate of City and them winning 4 in a row is so strong that I actually hope Pool stuff those cheating cnuts
Clearly you've had something a bit strong over Christmas. Once it clears your system your thought process will fix itself.

On a serious note, the fact Liverpool and City are going at it again and we're not even in the conversation should sicken everyone connected to Man Utd. Yet it's obvious it doesn't.

Our coach is talking about a distant third as overperformance. Our club is briefing about how worried it is about losing Champions League money. Nobody is seriously promoting the idea that we might step up and actually stop Liverpool or City ourselves, not just this year but any year.

It's vomit inducing. I remember them few years that Barcelona and Atleti were vying for La Liga. Madrid moved heaven and earth to get ahead of them. Do we see that from loans FC? Free transfer United? We are pathetic.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
AFCON ends on February 11 if Egypt makes the final, Salah will miss 4 PL games. Not enough to impact the league form

Red Star One

AFCON ends on February 11 if Egypt makes the final, Salah will miss 4 PL games. Not enough to impact the league form
If he misses full 4 PL games it should have quite a large impact. But I'm not sure if Egypt makes it to the final this year

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
They won't win shit. They will bottle enough games by April to let Pep pass them by... again

Unless Aston Villa keep up their shit :) Which would be my preference to Pep winning another title for Abu Dhabi oil princes

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
If he misses full 4 PL games it should have quite a large impact. But I'm not sure if Egypt makes it to the final this year
1. I don't think Egypt makes the final
2. Liverpool without Salah should be able to handle Burnley Bournemouth and Chelsea

JogaBonitoRooney

£16 million for Endo, an unknown before his arrival who is doing a good job for them week in week out in their midfield. That’s called recruitment sadly lads.
But but he's a Bundesliga league player. Not good to get those. They're no good according to the caf.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
But but he's a Bundesliga league player. Not good to get those. They're no good according to the caf.
It's fine, he didn't play for Dortmund. Didn't you know that the Bundesliga is so easy that every player looks good for Dortmund while actually he is shit? Except of course they are signed by City, than it will just be ignored :lol:

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I'm starting to get worried now. They are not going away.

Munkehboi

Nah, no Salah and Endo will ruin them. Mac Allister is not a good No.6. They will leak goals against Bournemouth...probably not Burnley though.

Once KDB and Haland are back, Man City will go the remainder of the season unbeaten.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
1. I don't think Egypt makes the final
2. Liverpool without Salah should be able to handle Burnley Bournemouth and Chelsea
They could play 9 men and still win against those lot

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Nah, no Salah and Endo will ruin them. Mac Allister is not a good No.6. They will leak goals against Bournemouth...probably not Burnley though.

Once KDB and Haland are back, Man City will go the remainder of the season unbeaten.
We look better with Mac Allister and Curtis Jones is playing his best. SoBoSly is out of form right now and once he gets going again our midfield will be solid enough to get the job done. It’s all about Jota, Diaz, Nunez, and Gakpo.

Oscar Bonavena

I think City will piss home if they don't get bored and drop more unnecessarily silly points. Liverpool's home form might see them close but they're not in the same class as City.

The last 2 games have confirmed for me that Arsenal don't have what it takes.

Tyrion

I think City will piss home if they don't get bored and drop more unnecessarily silly points. Liverpool's home form might see them close but they're not in the same class as City.

The last 2 games have confirmed for me that Arsenal don't have what it takes.
Even last season when people were handing Arsenal the title, City were still most likely to win it. Unless they're 15 points behind, I still wouldn't rule them out.

marktan

Pool needed to have a bigger lead. They got screwed by the Diaz Var decision and realistically should've won the Arsenal game if decisions went there way.. but they didn't. A 2 point lead is nothing. City won't drop many points with De Bruyne in there, who often produces chances out of nothing.

The only one slight plus is that City don't have quite the same attacking depth they once used to, with Mahrez and Gundogan being gone. Doku is good but not as impactful as Mahrez, ditto Kovacic for Gundogan. Alvarez Halaand, Doku, Silva and Grealish with a fit De Bruyne behind them still wins the league though.

HappyCamper

Supports
Liverpool
City are currently priced at 1.75, Liverpool at 3.75.

Sounds about right to me - 70-30 in City's favour.
58% for City to win and 30% for Liverpool now, with the bookies.
It's obviously close to a correct estimate but I feel that both City and Arsenal are somewhat underpriced now.
I would put Liverpool at 25% or so, maybe even as low as 20%. Most likely I'm wrong but the lines might be skewed from the sharps (the soft bookies follow blindly) because they underestimated Liverpool pre-season and would like to even out the bets with a lower overall margin as insurance to early bets on Liverpool.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Guess this is it folks. The record Sir Alex worked so hard to break and bring it to us is getting taken back from us again this year. They'll equal the record this season and have no doubt in my mind the 21 for them will follow soon.

We're about to destroy the last bits of Ferguson work at United that still stood firm since his retirement.

Oh well.
Ferguson’s work and legacy was destroyed the moment the Glazers came on board. Liverpool’s title win will simply confirm that.

Rojofiam

They won't win it. Midfield not good enough. One injury to any one of Alisson, Trent, VVD or Salah and they'll disintegrate. Stop being pathetic.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
PGMOL FC will win it again unfortunately.
Howard Webb and his minions will see to it.
It's annoying for neutrals that was expecting fight to the wire.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Ferguson’s work and legacy was destroyed the moment the Glazers came on board. Liverpool’s title win will simply confirm that.
SAF's legacy is cemented and won't ever be destroyed no matter what the Glazer's do or how many titles Pool will win. We are wasting what he built though in extraordinary fashion.