Liverpool will win the league

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Unfortunately I think the opposite. If Liverpool win, that will be more incentive for Pep to continue I feel.
Ye your probably right, If they win it then they’ve broke another record 4 in a row which could make him think he’s done everything there now. I’d rather Arsenal won it personally. Hate city and Liverpool more.

Rojofiam

I'd rather Arsenal wot it, then Pep would have motivation in his last contract year to take it back one last time, then he'd probably leave in 2025.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Really hope we don't get put into the positon where a win against Arsenal hands these cnuts the title
It'd be the ultimate conundrum.
Lose and they'll crow about how they won the league in Manchester for the next 20 years.
Lose and win it for Liverpool.

Luckily Arsenal will lose out of the blue to Burnley or someone so it won't be a thing.

Piskin

McAllister has made liverpool tick this year, while we bought Mount

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
They've barely got any tough fixtures left apart from City at home and Villa away (when it might already be won).

always_hoping

Poor by Man City to draw at home to such mediocre Chelsea whom will likely be beaten by a bit to spare in the upcoming Cup final.

Liverpool can now lose To City in Anfield and still be ahead of them in the table and if Arsenal happen to be their main challenger then good luck..

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Poor by Man City to draw at home to such mediocre Chelsea whom will likely be beaten by a bit to spare in the upcoming Cup final.

Liverpool can now lose To City in Anfield and still be ahead of them in the table and if Arsenal happen to be their main challenger then good luck..
Nah. City have a game in hand at home to Brentford.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

We've still got some tough games left. Everton and Utd away are not going to be easy. City at home who could overtake us if they win. Villa away isn't easy and our injuries are not going to help in any of those. Tough few weeks ahead, but hopefully we can beat Chelsea next weekend, win a trophy and get a boost towards the run in!

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Agreed. In their title winning season, they were ahead in 24 of their games by half time and won 23 of those. This year they've won the most points in the last quarter of games.
When Liverpool won the league in 19/20 you only had 3 subs available. The advent of five subs and increased injury time has altered how games play out.

Liverpool’s five forwards have scored 42 Premier League goals between them this season - sometimes from the bench. The dynamic of football matches has changed. Klopp has front-loaded the squad deliberately to have match-winners off the bench in a five-sub-era. This means that games are changed with positive substitutions late on - hence many late goals.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Klopp is also going to end up staying another 3 years I reckon. He'll say how he just couldn't bear to leave them.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Gosh when will they have a dip in form? Waiting all season for it, will it even happen?

Terrific Tangerine

Supports
Blackpool
McAllister has made liverpool tick this year, while we bought Mount
The thing is, this is true but its true because of Klopp and the way he manages Liverpool and not so much a comment on the players.
If they had bought Mount and United had bought McAllister you could be making exactly the same point but in reverse.

All the expensive flops United have had in the last 10 years are not down too often to buying bad players, they literally perform worse because of the way United are run and the general situation there.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

When Liverpool won the league in 19/20 you only had 3 subs available. The advent of five subs and increased injury time has altered how games play out.

Liverpool’s five forwards have scored 42 Premier League goals between them this season - sometimes from the bench. The dynamic of football matches has changed. Klopp has front-loaded the squad deliberately to have match-winners off the bench in a five-sub-era. This means that games are changed with positive substitutions late on - hence many late goals.
Fair point but 5 subs has only strengthened the bigger clubs realistically as the quality of the bench is so much better so if anything should have improved.

I think your 19/20 team are a level or two above this group.

Josh 76

Gosh when will they have a dip in form? Waiting all season for it, will it even happen?
When they go for the title, they never seem to lose many games. But they have only won 1 league title in 9 years. (That was in empty grounds when there wasn't much pressure). Let's see how they handle the last few games. Most of their players haven't had a title run in. It's a totally different ball game.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
When they go for the title, they never seem to lose many games. But they have only won 1 league title in 9 years. (That was in empty grounds when there wasn't much pressure). Let's see how they handle the last few games. Most of their players haven't had a title run in. It's a totally different ball game.
This empty grounds thing is just fantastic. They were already well clear of everyone when the pandemic started.

redallover87

This empty grounds thing is just fantastic. They were already well clear of everyone when the pandemic started.
As it stands klopp has only had 7 full seasons,and 1 near full season.A large part of their team have had multiple title run ins,they just lost out by a single point to cheats.The 19/20 title was basically done and dusted before covid,and if anything the break hampered their momentum.They won it in a record number of games and were on course for 108 points when covid struck

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
One of my friend who was Liverpool fan through and through even when they won nothing, had just passed away last week.
I am thinking of him so many times recently.
I wish he was witnessing Liverpool's 20th.

*His favourite player was Jamie Redknapp 7

Offsideagain

Unfortunately I think the opposite. If Liverpool win, that will be more incentive for Pep to continue I feel.
I would rather Liverpool won it than City. Remember, at sometime the PL will announce the verdict on the charges against City and if Liverpool have won the title and City are relegated to the Championship (which they should be), you won't see Guardiola for dust, £19m pa or not. Bayern will come sniffing again and he'll be off.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
As it stands klopp has only had 7 full seasons,and 1 near full season.A large part of their team have had multiple title run ins,they just lost out by a single point to cheats.The 19/20 title was basically done and dusted before covid,and if anything the break hampered their momentum.They won it in a record number of games and were on course for 108 points when covid struck
Don't think this is true. Our defense and Alisson, yes, but of the front six it's only Salah. So not a large part.

redallover87

Don't think this is true. Our defense and Alisson, yes, but of the front six it's only Salah. So not a large part.
Alisson,van dyke,robertson,Gomez,Konate,Arnold,Diaz,jota,salah,jones,elliot.Thats 11,nearly half of a 23 man squad.Matip,thiago,kostas,adrian,kelleher,bajetic,are all still there,but wont play.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Alisson,van dyke,robertson,Gomez,Konate,Arnold,Diaz,jota,salah,jones,elliot.Thats 11,nearly half of a 23 man squad.Matip,thiago,kostas,adrian,kelleher,bajetic,are all still there,but wont play.
Konate, Diaz, Jota, Elliot were not part of the 19/20 title winning side, and Curtis Jones was still a PL 2 player back then who only made a few sub appearances. So they all haven't been part of multiple title run-ins like you said, since we didn't compete for the title in both 20/21 and 22/23.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It feels inevitable to be honest. They play City in a few weeks, don't they? I can see them winning that. Ah well, hopefully it goes tits up when Klopp goes.

Real Name

It feels inevitable to be honest. They play City in a few weeks, don't they? I can see them winning that. Ah well, hopefully it goes tits up when Klopp goes.
With half of their team out I don't they're favorites vs City.

lex talionis

I only make it to to Manchester once every few years, that last time being last February (?) for the Leicester City match and what’s remarkable to me is how little interest in City there is in the city of Manchester. It’s almost like they’re just a renter, while United are the landlord — the lord of the land known as Manchester.

If City win it again literally almost no one will give a shit. Of not us, then we need to make sure anyone other than Liverpool lifts the PL trophy.