Liverpool will win the league

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
I find it strange that Klopp has become bigger than Liverpool FC. You then brought up Sir Alex. Clearly the suggestion being that the two situations are comparable.
Yes that is what I said indeed, that the situations are comparable.
But they're not.
They clearly are. Manager takes over at an under-performing huge club and completely transforms the expectations of fans, coinciding with stadium improvements and training upgrades etc...both sets of fans would be apprehensive at what happens next.

@RobinLFC isn't comparing the two with regard to longevity or achievements....quite frankly, who could. It's more to do with fear of the unknown following the departure of a manager that identified with the club and fans so much. Its no different, whether it's Fergie, Wenger, Pep or Klopp. If you feel that Fergie WASN'T Manchester United (and vice-versa) whilst at the helm, I can guarantee that opposition fans thought differently.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
I think they've already won it. If they hammer Sheffield United tonight, their goal difference will be miles ahead of City. That would mean Liverpool have to fail to win 2 matches while City would need to every match. Can't see that.

In terms of Arsenal they still have a couple of tricky away matches. With the points advantage and favourite fixture list (+refs) I think they're practically there.
Liverpool have 5 away games remaining including Aston Villa and they usually look shaky and susceptible to dropping points away from home.

They have a period at the end of April where they play 4 away games in a row in the space of 9 days (Atlanta, Fulham, Everton, West Ham) followed by Tottenham home and Villa away. They will definitely drop points. It just about whether City and Arsenal can capitalise.

This weekend could be big in terms of deciding who’s actually running for the title with the 3 teams having banana skin away games (Man Utd vs Liverpool, Brighton vs. Arsenal, palace vs.City). If Liverpool win, I would be tempted to rule out Arsenal or City if they drop points.

TheReligion

Abusive
They clearly are. Manager takes over at an under-performing huge club and completely transforms the expectations of fans, coinciding with stadium improvements and training upgrades etc...both sets of fans would be apprehensive at what happens next.

@RobinLFC isn't comparing the two with regard to longevity or achievements....quite frankly, who could. It's more to do with fear of the unknown following the departure of a manager that identified with the club and fans so much. Its no different, whether it's Fergie, Wenger, Pep or Klopp. If you feel that Fergie WASN'T Manchester United (and vice-versa) whilst at the helm, I can guarantee that opposition fans thought differently.
That’s all good and well although I wasn’t even talking about that in my post so unsure why we are now.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
That’s all good and well although I wasn’t even talking about that in my post so unsure why we are now.
I may have got lost along the way...I was comparing the Fergie situation to ours, purely in that both managers were synonymous with the club that they managed

Blood Mage

Honestly at this point City have become such an evil, corrupt presence in this league that Pool winning doesn't hurt as much. I didn't want them to do another treble that's for sure.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
But I was talking about exactly that in my post, and then you just went "oh but one was 9 years and the other 27 so I don't even know why blablabla" :lol: You are such an incredible pain in the ass if you wanna discuss anything Liverpool-related, don't know why I even bother.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
But I was talking about exactly that in my post, and then you just went "oh but one was 9 years and the other 27 so I don't even know why blablabla" :lol: You are such an incredible pain in the ass if you wanna discuss anything Liverpool-related, don't know why I even bother.
Whereas you have been a delight over the years.

soapythecat

As much as I despise them as a club, I equally despise City. I’d rather Liverpool win it than City. Arteta is an annoying fecker too. Klopp, I kind of don’t mind and will be happy for him to get it in his final season.

Reynoldo

As much as I despise them as a club, I equally despise City. I’d rather Liverpool win it than City. Arteta is an annoying fecker too. Klopp, I kind of don’t mind and will be happy for him to get it in his final season.
Wash your mouth out :p

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The lesser evil for me is liverpool winning it rather than city doing a four in a row.

Ideally arsenal win though.

Pav1878

Honestly at this point City have become such an evil, corrupt presence in this league that Pool winning doesn't hurt as much. I didn't want them to do another treble that's for sure.
I have refrained from logging in and replying to posts for quite a while now but felt compelled to tonight. What the actual feck is going on amongst some of our fan base where they would prefer Liverpool to win the league!? You want them to equal our record do you? Have you all forgotten how insufferable they are when they win anything let alone a league title!?

and don’t forget that not one Liverpool fan would ever reciprocate your sentiments.

our fans are joke

Pav1878

The lesser evil for me is liverpool winning it rather than city doing a four in a row.

Ideally arsenal win though.
Are you for real? How can any United fan ever write what you have just written?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I have refrained from logging in and replying to posts for quite a while now but felt compelled to tonight. What the actual feck is going on amongst some of our fan base where they would prefer Liverpool to win the league!? You want them to equal our record do you? Have you all forgotten how insufferable they are when they win anything let alone a league title!?

and don’t forget that not one Liverpool fan would ever reciprocate your sentiments.

our fans are joke
If City win it they beat your three-in-a-row PL record. And yes, I know, state-funded, cheats, oil money and all that, but kids growing up right now don't give two flying fecks about that. It matters what they win right now in terms of creating a fan base* and global support, no matter how hard some people want to stick their head in the sand.

Every Utd fan should want Arsenal to win the league imo.

* Unless they get relegated to the Championship or something like that

Pav1878

If City win it they beat your three-in-a-row PL record. And yes, I know, state-funded, cheats, oil money and all that, but kids growing up right now don't give two flying fecks about that. It matters what they win right now in terms of creating a fan base* and global support, no matter how hard some people want to stick their head in the sand.

Every Utd fan should want Arsenal to win the league imo.

* Unless they get relegated to the Championship or something like that
That we can agree on

always_hoping

Eight more wins and Liverpool will be crowned champions. Probably won't need eight wins as Manchester City, Arsenal won't win their remaining league games.

Alexis Mac Allister turning out be a title winning type of signing.

Patchbeard

Didn't think Mac Allister would be this good ffs. Still there's plenty of games for them to cock this up, can either see us getting stuffed at the weekend or it being very close again like the cup game.

Ghirahim

I knew they'd win, there's no chance Liverpool are losing at home. It's up to United to raise their game and beat them at the weekend.

Mac Allister played for Brighton and Brighton have some talented players.

Last edited:

Northstand

Liverpool have 5 away games remaining including Aston Villa and they usually look shaky and susceptible to dropping points away from home.

They have a period at the end of April where they play 4 away games in a row in the space of 9 days (Atlanta, Fulham, Everton, West Ham) followed by Tottenham home and Villa away. They will definitely drop points. It just about whether City and Arsenal can capitalise.

This weekend could be big in terms of deciding who’s actually running for the title with the 3 teams having banana skin away games (Man Utd vs Liverpool, Brighton vs. Arsenal, palace vs.City). If Liverpool win, I would be tempted to rule out Arsenal or City if they drop points.
Surely those Liverpool fixtures mentioned in your second paragraph show that they’d still have plenty to do even if the scenario painted at the end of your post comes to fruition?

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
Surely those Liverpool fixtures mentioned in your second paragraph show that they’d still have plenty to do even if the scenario painted at the end of your post comes to fruition?
The second paragraph was in response to comments that Liverpool will not drop any points in the run-in. I can see them dropping at least 3-5 points in the run-in.

I said at the end that it's just about whether City and Arsenal can capitalize. If Arsenal or City drop points at the weekend they would have to hope Liverpool screw up 2 out 7 games and go on to win every game themselves which doesn't seem likely, especially for Arsenal who play away to Spurs and Utd.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The second paragraph was in response to comments that Liverpool will not drop any points in the run-in. I can see them dropping at least 3-5 points in the run-in.

I said at the end that it's just about whether City and Arsenal can capitalize. If Arsenal or City drop points at the weekend they would have to hope Liverpool screw up 2 out 7 games and go on to win every game themselves which doesn't seem likely, especially for Arsenal who play away to Spurs and Utd.
That's fair.

Out of interest how many points do you see Arsenal and City dropping in their respective fixtures (with CL commitments in mind where there will be practically zero first XI rotation)?

Edit: out of the 3-5 points dropped that would put Liverpool finishing on 89-91 points total. Arsenal on a maximum 8 game win streak can achieve 92. City 91.

Statue of Limitations

All three teams should easily get 80 points - will be City to win though, they will be relentless per their usual final quarter of a season.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
If they’ll win, everyone will say they told us so. After all, hindsight is 20-20.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
That's fair.

Out of interest how many points do you see Arsenal and City dropping in their respective fixtures (with CL commitments in mind where there will be practically zero first XI rotation)?

Edit: out of the 3-5 points dropped that would put Liverpool finishing on 89-91 points total. Arsenal on a maximum 8 game win streak can achieve 92. City 91.
I see Liverpool dropping 3-5 points minimum, they could drop more. With City, I can't see them dropping more than 3-5 points maximum (potentially at Tottenham and Brighton). If City can avoid dropping points and overtake Liverpool on GD, they win the league for sure.

Arsenal are unpredictable, would rather see how we do against Brighton. We've played relatively easy away games in the league in 2024, outside of Man City. It will be a real test to come away with 3 points.

I think Arsenal and City will still have opportunities to rotate. City play Luton at home in between the Real Madrid games. Arsenal play Bournemouth at home in between the Semi's (assuming we go through).

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I see Liverpool dropping 3-5 points minimum, they could drop more. With City, I can't see them dropping more than 3-5 points maximum (potentially at Tottenham and Brighton). If City can avoid dropping points and overtake Liverpool on GD, they win the league for sure.

Arsenal are unpredictable, would rather see how we do against Brighton. We've played relatively easy away games in the league in 2024, outside of Man City. It will be a real test to come away with 3 points.

I think Arsenal and City will still have opportunities to rotate. City play Luton at home in between the Real Madrid games. Arsenal play Bournemouth at home in between the Semi's (assuming we go through).
So Liverpool are dropping 3-5 MINIMUM. Understood.

How many are Arsenal dropping minimum with the same analysis? And City?

Just Hope

Didn't think Mac Allister would be this good ffs. Still there's plenty of games for them to cock this up, can either see us getting stuffed at the weekend or it being very close again like the cup game.
When Mount's transfer was being discussed I argued we should go for MacAllister instead and people rejected the idea because he wasn't a physical player. Now we can see the importance of having football knowledge over the capacity to run.

LDUred

When Mount's transfer was being discussed I argued we should go for MacAllister instead and people rejected the idea because he wasn't a physical player. Now we can see the importance of having football knowledge over the capacity to run.
It's not what he's renowned for but his defensive output is quite impressive tbh.

Aerially he doesn't win much but in ground duels, interceptions, and tackles, he's made a significant contributions. He's probably slightly below the average height but he can clearly hold his own physically.

Now, imagine if Bruno and Rashford could do that. Liverpool's players don't have many obvious weaknesses. They all run and press.

Last edited:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Our trophy would be beating them on the weekend. Sad but thats where we are now.
Yes you have kind of turned into what we were when you were winning everything in sight. A cup team looking to hopefully get into Europe with bizzare losses. At least you didn’t get beat be a friggin beach ball like we did. Yesterday was just out of control.

DevilRed

Yes you have kind of turned into what we were when you were winning everything in sight. A cup team looking to hopefully get into Europe with bizzare losses. At least you didn’t get beat be a friggin beach ball like we did. Yesterday was just out of control.
Exactly. We used to laugh at you lot when you'd beat us at anfield and celebrate it like a CL final while you were languishing in 5th place

How the tables have turned. :(

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
So Liverpool are dropping 3-5 MINIMUM. Understood.

How many are Arsenal dropping minimum with the same analysis? And City?
City: 0
Arsenal: 3-13 (upper end based on previous run ins :))