Liverpool

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's based on the him matching Ronaldo's scoring record or trophies won during their careers? OH wait.
Why do people always bring up the career argument for this comparison? It's completely irrelevant to the question of how good they are now.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Why do people always bring up the career argument for this comparison? It's completely irrelevant to the question of how good they are now.
Because it gives an indication of what they have done, unless you argument is just that Suarez at this best is as good as the currently slightly injured Ronaldo.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Because it gives an indication of what they have done, unless you argument is just that Suarez at this best is as good as the currently slightly injured Ronaldo.
What they have done doesn't neccesarily tell you about them now. I think you should look at most two years back for current comparisons with the year just gone having much higher weight.

Ronaldo hasn't been injured most of the season like Messi so I'd be inclined to take their most recent season at face value.

For discussions of career legacy, they are obviously leagues apart.

Cal?

CR7 fan
What they have done doesn't neccesarily tell you about them now. I think you should look at most two years back for current comparisons with the year just gone having much higher weight.

Ronaldo hasn't been injured most of the season like Messi so I'd be inclined to take their most recent season at face value.

For discussions of career legacy, they are obviously leagues apart.
Are you trying to argue they were as good as each other during 13/14? :lol:

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Are you trying to argue they were as good as each other during 13/14? :lol:
In the end, I think Ronaldo was better. But I think they were both of a level where they could compare to each other.

Cal?

CR7 fan
In the end, I think Ronaldo was better. But I think they were both of a level where they could compare to each other.
That's in the season Ronaldo destroyed the CL goal scoring record and won La Decima... :confused:

If ARgentina doesn't win the WC, there won't even need to be a vote for Ballon D'Or 2014.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I also want him to stay.
This could be the biggest sulk season ever. Every time he goes near a player, they are going to hold on to something claiming he bit them. It will be brilliant seeing him have done to him what he does so often.

I would hate to see Liverpool take someone to the cleaners for Suarez. He isn't even in the same league as Messi/Ronaldo so expectation of upwards of 60M are quite surprising. And for those saying 60M + Sanchez obviously seem a bit blinkered. Sanchez will cost a lot of dosh.
No they're not. In the current market where Bale goes for £80m+ and a good defender, Luiz, goes for a crazy £50m I don't think upwards of £60m is at all surprising.

Sparky Rhiwabon

No they're not. In the current market where Bale goes for £80m+ and a good defender, Luiz, goes for a crazy £50m I don't think upwards of £60m is at all surprising.
You were probably looking at £80m before this latest incident. Maybe take 25% off that, so yes £60m.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
That's in the season Ronaldo destroyed the CL goal scoring record and won La Decima... :confused:

If ARgentina doesn't win the WC, there won't even need to be a vote for Ballon D'Or 2014.
Knowing how these Ballon d'or voting goes after World cups, I wouldn't be all surprised if someone else wins and Ronaldo loses this one - Messi or no Messi.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
No way Barca will pay £60m. Not a prayer. He'll go for £40m if he does go although I'd be a bit surprised.

TwoSheds

I'd love to. What if he doesn't go at all though?

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Like I said. Best of luck.
Like I said, Suarez's performance was outstanding when Liverpool refused to sell him. Whatever he is he isn't a sulker. To suggest so exposes ignorance or an agenda.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Knowing how these Ballon d'or voting goes after World cups, I wouldn't be all surprised if someone else wins and Ronaldo loses this one - Messi or no Messi.
This being based on Messi's performance in the WC 4 years ago and winning it?

SalfordRed1960

There are not many strikers that go for over 60M even in this market.

Suarez is good, and at the end of the day, he will go for what Barca or Real think he is worth rather than what Liverpool think he is worth. I am quite sure Spurs wanted a lot more than they got for Bale. United probably the same for Ronaldo. If Suarez doesn't go this year, he probably will never go to those teams and thus Liverpool are unlikely to demand that amount.

As for Luiz, I just don't get where anyone believes he is worth 50M. But then again he which to a sugar daddy club.

SalfordRed1960

Like I said, Suarez's performance was outstanding when Liverpool refused to sell him. Whatever he is he isn't a sulker. To suggest so exposes ignorance or an agenda.
I think he may be the one that had an agenda. Be a reasonably good boy, play exceptional football and the big boys will come. Well they appear to have arrived. If he doesn't go, you may see a totally different side to him. Let's just hope he isn't still hungry.;)

entropy

How spot on was fergie when he said a club of liverpool's history and tradition were better off selling a trouble maker like suarez during the evra incident. I myself thought he was maybe pushing it to suggest selling off a player of such talent but boy was he right.

TwoSheds

How spot on was fergie when he said a club of liverpool's history and tradition were better off selling a trouble maker like suarez during the evra incident. I myself thought he was maybe pushing it to suggest selling off a player of such talent but boy was he right.
Yes and no. If they'd have sold him then they'd have got 50p and a bag of Nobby's nuts. If they sell him now they'll get £40m.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As much as Lallana is decent if they sell Suarez and replace with Southampton players I will be delighted. Gerrard is major on the slide also. Plus they will need to pull something special out the bag to finish top 4 especially with their venture into champs league. Big transfer window for Liverpool ahead, are they building on Suarez or selling and trying to rebuild. Imagine if they had kept Suarez and bought Sanchez that would have been real progress for them. Hope its the latter and they sell him.