Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
By scoring more than City.

Seriously though City have a number of tricky games left. Newcastle in good form should have got at least a draw against Liverpool last week and West ham and Wolves are two real banana skins
Newcastle shouldn’t have had anything against us. They rarely threatened anything. I expect City to win that comfortably.

Pintu

In theory, I don't see how it changes anything, except City can afford a draw and then rely on outdoing them for GD.
In that scenario City doesn’t need to outdo them for GD. A draw will keep City 1 point ahead and they only need to match the results of Pool over the other 3 games.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I fancy Chelsea and Madrid to give them very tough games but although I thought Spurs would be where they stumbled I can't see them dropping any more points in their remaining games, sadly. Thankfully it's all in City's own hands now and three wins and a draw will see City through.
Chelsea are completely done and are on the beach. No way they beat Liverpool in the final. I reckon they also beat Madrid as long as they do not fall into the trap of conceding 2 or more goals in less than 5 mins like PSG, Chelsea and City.

Its weird that Liverpool get an extra days rest before the fa cup final though
Is it? Is it really?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Oh come on. Cut some slack. Liverpool had so many significant injuries throughout the year and so many players playing out of position. We lost fabinho for some periods, matip, thiago, trent and Henderson. No wonder our difference was pathetic as you say. The fact we finished 3rd only handful of points behind united is something. If our players were fit at the same time, there is no way united would have been second!

We are in 2 finals, won a trophy already. But still gutted we drew today. Strange feeling considering the title was never in our hands anyway
Did United ever have a worse title defence under Fergie? Nope.

Sylar

Newcastle are winning how exactly??
Football is strange. City should win, but football isn't played on paper
We've seen some weird results

Maybe not Newcastle but just takes a moment like an early red, or injury or an off day.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Watching these cnuts today and their squad now, I bet even Pep envies it. In fact De Bruyne aside is there any City player who definitely makes the Liverpool XI?

copen1945

Liverpool handed the league trophy back from their grasp. Just need Chelsea and Real Madrid to do their jobs. Come on, Benzema, and Lukaku.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool handed the league trophy back from their grasp. Just need Chelsea and Real Madrid to do their jobs. Come on, Benzema, and Lukaku.
It’s not been in our grasp since we drew with City.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Great result. Well done Spurs. City can still lose it of course but if they win tomorrow it gives them a little bit more breathing room.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm gutted, not for missing out on the quad so much but the fact we still won't be getting number 20 yet. I would give up the FA cup and probably the CL for it.

Still, at least there's hopefully a bit more calm now as people were taking this too seriously.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If City pump Newcastle it’s over. They will win at least 2 of the last 3.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
? I’m saying you support Bristol Rovers you twit. Why would you care about Man Utd, or why would you fail to understand why Man Utd fans want Liverpool to lose every game.
Yet again, you have completely missed the point and I don't feel the need to explain my allegiance to Manchester United over the last 60 years. And stupid name calling just about sums you up.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm gutted, not for missing out on the quad so much but the fact we still won't be getting number 20 yet. I would give up the FA cup and probably the CL for it.
Explain this to me

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Explain this to me
I’d rather win the Premier League over the FA Cup and Champions League as a double. It’d put us on 20 titles tied with United and for me the league is the more desirable trophy. Feels harder to win that than it is to win a European Cup.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Trent gets a free pass every week. His defending for that goal yesterday was brutal.

He allows Harry Kane to take the ball down then just walks away from him and stops. Son is the other side of him, so if he stops with Kane he at least follows Son. He does neither and Son is left in the box alone and scores.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I’d rather win the Premier League over the FA Cup and Champions League as a double. It’d put us on 20 titles tied with United and for me the league is the more desirable trophy. Feels harder to win that than it is to win a European Cup.
You say that but all I hear is [redacted]. Don't want to offend, sorry! :D

I mean, i'm sure there are legitimate motivations i can understand. That, i can't. It's just dumb. How is a trophy you won 19 times harder to win than one you won 6 times....

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
If I was a Liverpool fan, I’d probably prefer another Premier League title over another Champions League win at this point.

In my lifetime they’ve won the Champions League twice, the first time following one of the most memorable finals during the competition’s history, and the second time following one of the most memorable semi-finals / comebacks during its history.

But during that same period they’ve only won the league title once despite being one of the 2 biggest clubs in the country so a huge underachievement (a dig was necessary). And that was during the pandemic without fans in the stadium and proper celebrations, and when there were numerous restrictions. So I’d want a league title under ‘normal’ circumstances, and then after that the CL would be the priority.

I’m most definitely not a Liverpool fan though so good luck to City in the title race, Chelsea in the FA Cup final and Real in the CL final !

Last edited:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
From a Northamptonian, congratulations for yesterday. That was some result!
It was indeed and your congregations are especially welcome from a Northampton fan who must feel incredibly disappointed to just miss out on the automatic slot.
My very best wishes to you for a successful play off outcome.

Are you a fan of both Northampton and United?

Remember the geese

It was indeed and your congregations are especially welcome from a Northampton fan who must feel incredibly disappointed to just miss out on the automatic slot.
My very best wishes to you for a successful play off outcome.

Are you a fan of both Northampton and United?
Thank you. Much appreciated :)

My first love is United, but I do keep an eye on the Cobblers. I've been to several matches over the years, including Play Off finals. I remember watching the Town in a Play Off Semi Final vs Bristol Rovers at Sixfields stadium in the '90's.

Bwuk

Watching these cnuts today and their squad now, I bet even Pep envies it. In fact De Bruyne aside is there any City player who definitely makes the Liverpool XI?
Yeah I find the Liverpool are underdogs mentality the media seem to have very strange. Id have Laporte in and you could argue between Walker & Trent imo.

Allison
Trent - VvD - Laporte - Robertson
Fabinho
KdB - Thiago
Salah - Mane - Diaz​

NoPace

Yeah I find the Liverpool are underdogs mentality the media seem to have very strange. Id have Laporte in and you could argue between Walker & Trent imo.

Allison
Fabinho
KdB - Thiago
Salah - Mane - Diaz​
Fabinho over Rodri and Thiago over Bernardo, I just can't see it. Those are fairly easy calls to me. Rest is fine. Probably decide between Walker, Trent and Cancelo (and Robertson and Cancelo) based on opposition and form and such.

VivaRonaldo85

If Liverpool only win one league title in the last 6 years of Klopp with what he has built, I’d actually be disappointed if I were a Liverpool fan given this is one of their greatest ever teams. The Liverpool fans I know are so confident these days, they just expect to win both up coming cup finals. The league is their holy grail and we must hope City now hold their nerve.

Remember the geese

Allison
Fabinho
KdB - Thiago
Salah - Mane - Diaz​
I do think Liverpool probably edge it in terms of personnel, primarily due to their attack, but City are the better side. I do think that City were stronger a few years ago though.

There are definitely a few City players in with a shout in a combined eleven. Perhaps Allison shades it over Ederson, but it's close. Cancelo is fantastic. Bernardo Silva over Thiago is a fair debate. I would take Rodri over Fabinho. Mahrez is a terrific player, but it's difficult to put him in over Salah.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Thank you. Much appreciated :)

My first love is United, but I do keep an eye on the Cobblers. I've been to several matches over the years, including Play Off finals. I remember watching the Town in a Play Off Semi Final vs Bristol Rovers at Sixfields stadium in the '90's.
That is exactly the same for me. Manchester United have been my first team pretty much ever since Munich.
But I also am a fan of my local team.
Surprisingly some people here don't seem to understand that concept.
And I do think that supporting a local team like Northampton or Bristol Rovers for example makes you so much more appreciate a top club like United.

Gurtej

We won CL, PL and FA cup….we won CL at a time when Italian and Spanish teams were dominating and were world class!! PL didn’t had the best players in the world as we have now…A lot of people underestimate this fact!!

Anyway, even if Liverpool win CL, FA cup and League cup, they won’t match what 99 team achieved!

Atleast once silver lining this season…. And wouldn’t it be funny if they only won either of the three left !! Lol!!

Remember the geese

That is exactly the same for me. Manchester United have been my first team pretty much ever since Munich.
But I also am a fan of my local team.
Surprisingly some people here don't seem to understand that concept.
And I do think that supporting a local team like Northampton or Bristol Rovers for example makes you so much more appreciate a top club like United.
Yeah, it isn't a very difficult concept to understand. Or shouldn't be. I remember the disapproval from some of my family members when I supported United against Northampton in the League Cup a few years ago. It shouldn't have come as a shock though because I did the same a decade earlier when we knocked them out of the FA Cup! :lol:

In all seriousness though, I completely agree with your last point.

Xanther

They can complain all they like about "if only we didn't have to face such an awesome team at the same time, any other season we would've completed the quad" but it's precisely because of City forcing them to raise their game and squad depth that allowed them to challenge for the quad in the first place.

So there's no sympathy from me, this is the difficulty of attempting the quad and even the treble.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You say that but all I hear is [redacted]. Don't want to offend, sorry! :D

I mean, i'm sure there are legitimate motivations i can understand. That, i can't. It's just dumb. How is a trophy you won 19 times harder to win than one you won 6 times....
The truth is, failing to secure the title this year will see Jurgen's wavering reputation in the game drop to irreparable depths, and no one wants to see that happen to guy we all love and respect.

He's obviously a halfway decent football manager, and don't even get me started on that frankly magnificent set of pearly whites. He deserves more than the one title he currently has to his name. It's just not fair, it really isn't it, but that's just the way it is with this game we love - football doesn't deal in fair.

Let's face facts - one league title in 12 years of managing Liverpool is nowhere near enough, not even remotely. It pains me to say it, truly, but if Klopp fails to claim a further 4 league titles before quitting Liverpool, he'll be considered a monumental failure in every sense of the word, forced to retire and become a postman or a cabbage farmer or something similarly suited to his abilities.

The facts are the facts.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The truth is, failing to secure the title this year will see Jurgen's wavering reputation in the game drop to irreparable depths, and no one wants to see that happen to guy we all love and respect.

He's obviously a halfway decent football manager, and don't even get me started on that frankly magnificent set of pearly whites. He deserves more than the one title he currently has to his name. It's just not fair, it really isn't it, but that's just the way it is with this game we love - football doesn't deal in fair.

Let's face facts - one league title in 12 years of managing Liverpool is nowhere near enough, not even remotely. It pains me to say it, truly, but if Klopp fails to claim a further 4 league titles before quitting Liverpool, he'll be considered a monumental failure in every sense of the word, forced to retire and become a postman or a cabbage farmer or something similarly suited to his abilities.

The facts are the facts.
Maybe doing commercials for toothpaste ?