Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

Sviken

This is the worst timeline. Liverpool were a fecking joke 6-7 seasons ago and it looked like it would have stayed that way forever. Where did it all go so wrong?

IrishRedDevil

Not liking the thought of the CL defeat making City totally lose confidence and then lose the League as a result.

MUFC OK

Congrats, scouse cnuts, on winning the quad, sincerely, no genuine united fan ever..

MUFC OK

Not liking the thought of the CL defeat making City totally lose confidence and then lose the League as a result.
Theyre botting this lad and you know it. I'm lumping whatever I can on liverpool to win the lot. Hopefully make a few thousand.

Nero

Liverpool are winning feck all apart from the fizzy pop cup.

City league, Chelsea FA Cup, Madrid CL.

Drama queens in the mud.

Jezpeza

the mental and physical toll of that combined with a game against in form newcastle is about as good a chance of them dropping points as now remains but the league is still firmly citys to lose

tentan

Poor man's poster.
So........

Man City, Real Madrid and Chelsea please do the world a favour and stop them!

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
City need to win all their games now get this loss out of their heads and focus on the league. :D

Chelsea win the cup for your fans you might be going bust soon so maybe your last chance at a major trophy :lol:

Madrid need to shut the Liverpool love in up, they are coming to avenge the last final defeat so we need you to pay the refs a little bit more and make sure you beat this team, play like Villareal did first half for the whole match and put klopp back in his losing finals depression phase and win the CL for United. We gave you Ronaldo Heinze Becks RvN Chicarito you owe us this much!

Hala Madrid

ExoduS

As a non English Manchester United fan, I hope Liverpool beats Real Madrid in UCL final, however I hope that lousy neighbors win English premiership. It's so weird. I have more respect for Liverpool than for Real Madrid and Manchester City. I hate teams with unlimited money with passion.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They'll beat Madrid. I thought City would do better against Liverpool in the final. Now watch them implode in the league too

amolbhatia50k

As a non English Manchester United fan, I hope Liverpool beats Real Madrid in UCL final, however I hope that lousy neighbors win English premiership. It's so weird. I have more respect for Liverpool than for Real Madrid and Manchester City. I hate teams with unlimited money with passion.
fecksake

ExoduS

I have been a fan of Man Utd since like 1996 or 1997. Up until few years ago Liverpool was sorta irrelevant. Few second places and that fluke win against Milan in 2005 where I wanted Milan to win. Kill me, but I hate Real Madrid more than Liverpool. Real Madrid buying our players and our players wanting to play for them hurt us more than any wins Liverpool have had.

amolbhatia50k

I have been a fan of Man Utd since like 1996 or 1997. Up until few years ago Liverpool was sorta irrelevant. Few second places and that fluke win against Milan in 2005 where I wanted Milan to win. Kill me, but I hate Real Madrid more than Liverpool. Real Madrid buying our players and our players wanting to play for them hurt us more than any wins Liverpool have had.
Sorry I can't understand that. Ronaldo left us for Madrid. Beckham and RVN were players we wanted to get rid of. How things so small compare to decades of strong rivalry and animosity between fans, I'll never know.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
In my life time I have never seen Real Madrid lose a champions league final. 7 out of 7. I hope it's the first time but if I had to bet I would bet on Real Madrid.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Sorry I can't understand that. Ronaldo left us for Madrid. Beckham and RVN were players we wanted to get rid of. How things so small compare to decades of strong rivalry and animosity between fans, I'll never know.
I would think there are a lot of supporters of both clubs who don’t feel the animosity that we feel. If united supporters started watching in the mid 90s at Liverpool’s lowest point and weren’t brought up in the area nor had relatives constantly feeding the hatred of Liverpool then I could see how they don’t really care about us winning number 7 or the league.

amolbhatia50k

In my life time I have never seen Real Madrid lose a champions league final. 7 out of 7. I hope it's the first time but if I had to bet I would bet on Real Madrid.
I fancy Liverpool to win this. Barring playmaker and CF they're stronger in every area. It's like they're facing City minus the ridiculous bottling.

amolbhatia50k

I would think there are a lot of supporters of both clubs who don’t feel the animosity that we feel. If united supporters started watching in the mid 90s at Liverpool’s lowest point and weren’t brought up in the area nor had relatives constantly feeding the hatred of Liverpool then I could see how they don’t really care about us winning number 7 or the league.
I started supporting United in the early 00s so Liverpool were mediocre during most of time following the club too. But it's easy to get / feel the rivalry if you pay enough attention.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
City quickly recovered from their dramatic CL exit against Tottenham in 2018/2019 to win all of their remaining Premier League games, and hold off Liverpool in the title race.

However I think yesterday's dramatic exit will be more painful than that was, plus they've blown yet another opportunity to win their holy grail. Plus I think that they were definitely stronger overall in 2018/2019 than they are now, so it will be interesting to see how they react to this.

BradtheAmerican

Definitely agree with you as another non English fan.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm at the stage where Liverpool winning the CL, FA cup and League Cup would be seen as a win for us/me :lol: Basically, anything but the league
Exactly, for me also, anything but the league, buuut I have faith that they can blow it right at the end in all the competitions. I mean Klopp lost his fair share of finals.
We can celebrate what we have at this moment.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
This is the worst timeline. Liverpool were a fecking joke 6-7 seasons ago and it looked like it would have stayed that way forever. Where did it all go so wrong?
Eh,the moment the signed Klopp?

amolbhatia50k

Exactly, for me also, anything but the league, buuut I have faith that they can blow it right at the end in all the competitions. I mean Klopp lost his fair share of finals.
We can celebrate what we have at this moment.
Nothing? :(

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Premier league table sorted by total number of "pressures":

Don't have an up to date version, but running stats from earlier in the season:

The idea that Liverpool and City run and press so much more than anyone else is a myth.

What marks them out is their efficiency. Two of the top three in the league in terms of percentage of successful pressures, their total pressing skewed heavily towards the final third where it has the most impact and the total amount of physical output needed reduced by maximising their advantage on the ball, to the point where City ultimately have to make less pressures overall than any other team in the league. Which then allows the off the ball work they do have to do to be done with more intensity and focus. Rather than screaming PEDs, it screams high-level organisation.

If we're looking askance at any team it should be Leeds.
I think, that’s probably because they have possession more than any other team.

While for us, we don’t have as many possession. So thats a different story.

A better way to look at context, should be % of pressing during non-possession.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I think, that’s probably because they have possession more than any other team.

While for us, we don’t have as many possession. So thats a different story.

A better way to look at context, should be % of pressing during non-possession.
A valid point that actually explains a lot around game and season management. Possession of the football is broadly better in terms of fatigue than chasing shadows. Even better is scoring goals relatively early in matches. Both these factors combined means that teams like Liverpool and City can actually spend big chunks of matches in cruise control where goals are not being chased and early subs can be used to save key players going into the red zone.

Klopp's use of subs over the past dozen or so matches has been incredibly effective - both in terms of saving legs and changing the direction of matches.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I have zero interest in whatever Liverpool do or don't do.
The only thing I am interested in is Manchester United putting in place the right business strategy and employing the very best people who are capable of transforming this club into being fully competitive in the future.
Liverpool??
Who cares.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I have zero interest in whatever Liverpool do or don't do.
The only thing I am interested in is Manchester United putting in place the right business strategy and employing the very best people who are capable of transforming this club into being fully competitive in the future.
Liverpool??
Who cares.
You support Bristol Rovers you twit.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I've not been around since the abuse I received, which resulted in me buying a ticket to India (or near enough) Glaston style.

But seeing the City result today. Wow. :eek: Even I didn't think Pep would bottle it this time. Amazing.

Wilt

City are still the best chance of preventing the unthinkable.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You support Bristol Rovers you twit.
Firstly why does being a fan of my home football club make me a twit as you have chosen to describe me?

Secondly, I have been a fan of Manchester United since the Munich Disaster. And have been to watch them far more than Bristol Rovers.
United are my number one team and always have.
So why does that stop me from having an opinion of them just because I happen to live in Bristol?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
There's some hope.

If they are to do this they will have to beat three managers (Carlo, Conte, Tuchel) who have all had the measure of Klopp in head to heads in recent times.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Liverpool have a fortnight between the FA Cup and Champions League finals. We had four days in 1999. Not really the same challenge, is it? At least they’ve got two league matches in-between that they’ll need to win. It’s all good for Real Madrid who’ve won their league already.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I’ve worked it out like this for how I’ll rate our season:

- Just the Carabao Cup = acceptable season but not good in the context of where we ended up.
- Carabao and FA Cup double = good season.
- Carabao and PL/CL double = great season.
- Carabao, FA Cup & CL or PL treble (or Carabao, PL & CL) = incredible season.
- Quadruple = off the scale.

I’m not convinced City will throw the league away now though so option four probably won’t happen.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
You know what i wouldn't even mind Liverpool winning 2 out of the 3 trophies, just as long they lose one of them. That's how much i don't want them win the quadruple.