Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
And somehow putting that much muscle didn't affect his stamina levels, despite muscle being a problem for the likes of Traoré who can't last a full match.
Why are you speaking so outlandishly on something you clearly know absolutely nothing about? If I were making such bold claims I would at least do some degree of research...

Firstly Traore is noticeably bigger than Goretzka.

Second of all it's clear he is a fast-twitch athlete who's body is primed for explosiveness not endurance. They are two completely different types of athlete. Hence why one has always been a pace merchant who's played on the wing his entire career, and the other has played in the most physically demanding position stamina wise (central midfield) his entire career.

Putting on 10lbs of muscle doesn't automatically affect your endurance levels. He is clearly still within a body weight range that is optimal for his frame.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The ones I've spoken to are a little concerned. Compare the momentum and energy levels between the two and Liverpool are clear favourites for all these trophies.
The more I peek into this thread, the more I'm convinced that most of you are speaking utter crap, fueled by nothing factual and nothing but your worst nightmares of seeing Henderson lifting 4 trophies on TV for a year

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Let's focus on City's trophyless season. Pep is the type to walk away and admit Klopp is better than him.

GlasgowCeltic

Just remembered they wouldn’t have even got top four if Ole had managed a result in the 4-2 game, whatever happened to that Nat Phillips guy

Real Name

The more I peek into this thread, the more I'm convinced that most of you are speaking utter crap, fueled by nothing factual and nothing but your worst nightmares of seeing Henderson lifting 4 trophies on TV for a year
:lol: Its funny cause its true. I mean your post, not what the most are speaking.

Tango80

City not winning any trophies would be a disaster for them :lol:

I almost feel a quadruple really should happen at some point in the next few years? Both City and Liverpool are miles ahead of everyone else in Europe. And both, over the past few seasons, have shown to be very very consistent. The perfect scenario to do a quadruple.

If neither of those teams don't do it over the next few years, it's a golden opportunity missed.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Just remembered they wouldn’t have even got top four if Ole had managed a result in the 4-2 game, whatever happened to that Nat Phillips guy
Plays for Bournemouth. I think he moved permanently. Alisson's goal against West Brom also seems huge now considering where we currently are.

I still think City have the league in the bag. Those four games are all very winnable for them.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Imagine seeing Hugo Lloris picking up 4 trophies in a year. You’d tear your hair out.

What makes it worse is that Jordan Henderson looks like a gormless twat. At least Lloris looks cultured. He wouldn’t look out of place sitting in a Parisian cafe having a cigarette and coffee.

The Constant Gardener

Amazing how much their performance dropped during the covid shutdown where it was difficult to secure certain substances

Spark

The real question at this point is how much would you theoretically be willing to spend to not let Liverpool win a fecking quadruple.

I've currently banged £50 on and reckon I might have to stick another £100 on them achieving it. (Spread across them winning Prem/FA/Champions, FA/Champions, Prem/FA).

Odds are getting disgustingly low though.

United Hobbit

I put £100 on 7/1. At least I can have some sort of bright side to the nightmare it would be. I hope I never see that money.
I fear unfortunately you will see it, I'm just not brave enough to put more on though wish I'd done 10 as I'd get about 70 quid.

I'm going to be in Paris for my belated 30th birthday gift the night they're probably winning the quadruple and their 7th CL... getting the Euro star as well sp that'll be rammed with them as well. Absolute torture :nervous:

I hasten to add I'd far rather NOT see them win another trophy let alone the quadruple, and get no money but I at least want to make some money out the inevitable. Its the fact it eclipses our treble which was such an achievement, sending us further into mediocrity.

God the pundits will be sickening they already GUSH over them as it is... I'm sick of hearing the word quadruple multiple times when they're on. They seem DESPERATE for them to win it

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Super dedicated, world-class athlete with a bunch of time on his hands over a 4 month period because of lockdown uses incredible pool of resources to put on 10lbs. What a shock.
Come on, man. Goretzka was eating clen and trening hard to look like that

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Klopp won’t lose the final because he is a “hungry dog of a manger”?
Thats convinced me then!
Ancelotti is a cool cat. Everyone knows hungry dogs eat cats.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think we'll pick up both cups but don't see us nicking the league.

rio's upper lip

The 2020 Pool PL win was an absolutely dreadful prospect, but the idea of it was much worse than when they actually won. I was fine then, I’ll be fine now — even IF they do the quad (or win one or both of the big’uns).

It’s by no means ideal of course, but I always try to think ahead with these things. They may be sucking on the teet of success at this very moment, but who knows where they (or we) are in 3-5 years? We’ll surely win stuff again, and they’ll surely be shite again at some point. Just make sure to stay alive long enough so you get to watch it unfold. In the mean time, relax. There are worse things to worry about in the world.

Conor

Premier league table sorted by total number of "pressures":

Don't have an up to date version, but running stats from earlier in the season:

The idea that Liverpool and City run and press so much more than anyone else is a myth.

What marks them out is their efficiency. Two of the top three in the league in terms of percentage of successful pressures, their total pressing skewed heavily towards the final third where it has the most impact and the total amount of physical output needed reduced by maximising their advantage on the ball, to the point where City ultimately have to make less pressures overall than any other team in the league. Which then allows the off the ball work they do have to do to be done with more intensity and focus. Rather than screaming PEDs, it screams high-level organisation.

If we're looking askance at any team it should be Leeds.
One thing your stats don't take into account is that Liverpool and City are dominating 90% of the games they play.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Errmm Pep has 9 leagues in 3 major countries in 14 years. Give him 29 years and I’d wager more than 13 leagues. The comparisons are about what Klopp has done to change Liverpool from an ok team when he took over to a model team and a perennial winning side competing in the PL against the most dominant team ever and at the same time getting into finals and winning in Europe akin the the Liverpool of the 70s and 80s. All of this change in 6 seasons is not bad for a team with limited funds compared to other teams. If he does overtake united in leagues to go along with the finals in Europe he will go down as one of the top mgrs in our lifetime.
No manager has ever had the advantage of their owners sponsoring the club either, so not really interested in debating what Guardiola has achieved at City. What Ferguson did at United, in terms of where they were, and where he took them to, will always dwarf anything that the corrupt City machine achieve in football.

I am a big Klopp fan and rate him higher than Pep because he did things the right way, but I was just saying that there is no escaping the fact that Liverpool will drop when he goes, just as United have done after Ferguson.

He is irreplaceable and Liverpool won’t have the resources to compete at the very top without a special manager to bridge that gap. What he is doing there is phenomenal and, in my opinion, the drop off will be severe.

Fortunately for you guys, he has signed on for a few more years. Enjoy it while it lasts.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
One thing your stats don't take into account is that Liverpool and City are dominating 90% of the games they play.
They do take it into account. That's a massive part of why their running/pressing stats are relatively low. As I said in the post you quoted, maximising their advantage on the ball minimises the physical output they need to commit to off the ball work. And off the ball work is obviously far more physically taxing than what's required in possession.

So people see City pressing like demons and think they must have some unnatural physical advantage, when in reality they're just controlling the game in such a way that their pressing is occuring in shorter and more intense bursts. But for the 68% of the time City have possession, it's their opponents who are being taxed more physically.

Last edited:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Klopp won’t lose the final because he is a “hungry dog of a manger”?
Thats convinced me then!
It should because he will get everything out of his players because he has instilled an immense winners mentality into them. They leave everything on that pitch. Not sure why you're acting so sarcastic llol, it wasn't rocket sense. Maybe I should have backed it up with xG or whatever the feck stats they are.

Conor

They do take it into account. That's a massive part of why their running/pressing stats are relatively low. As I said in the post you quoted, maximising their advantage on the ball minimises the physical output they need to commit to off the ball work. And off the ball work is obviously far more physically taxing than what's required in possession.

So people see City pressing like demons and think they must have some unnatural physical advantage, when in reality they're just controlling the game in such a way that their pressing is occuring in shorter and more intense bursts. But for the 68% of the time City have possession, it's their opponents who are being taxed more physically.
That's true, in fairness I never really see the same thing in City as I do in Liverpool, to me the pressing Liverpool do is just crazy, I don't understand how their players don't break down every season. Leeds have had a load of injuries from doing the same thing haven't they, didn't Klopp's Dortmund have a similar issue after a while?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
That's true, in fairness I never really see the same thing in City as I do in Liverpool, to me the pressing Liverpool do is just crazy, I don't understand how their players don't break down every season. Leeds have had a load of injuries from doing the same thing haven't they, didn't Klopp's Dortmund have a similar issue after a while?
He has a lot to choose from as far as players and rarely starts the same lineups especially earlier in the season. We have five forwards to choose from with the addition of Díaz. He rotates Konate and Matip and he has always rotated the midfield. We are just a much deeper team which naturally tends to avoid injuries. Pretty simple reason really.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I don't mind Liverpool doing the quadruple. It will give us something to aspire to and build towards

Camilo

What's really annoying about Liverpool is how damn likeable the team is. They're like a more tactically focused version of Fergie's United in a way....there's an inevitability about them, something City don't even have.

If they manage it it'll be well deserved.

Winrar

What's really annoying about Liverpool is how damn likeable the team is. They're like a more tactically focused version of Fergie's United in a way....there's an inevitability about them, something City don't even have.

If they manage it it'll be well deserved.
This is how I exactly feel. Perhaps I've just completed my cycle of the 5 stages of grief.

MUFC OK

All you who hoped for a Madrid win tonight, we’ll done, I hope it makes you very happy. What a sad little life pseudo Liverpool fans.

macheda14

All you who hoped for a Madrid win tonight, we’ll done, I hope it makes you very happy. What a sad little life pseudo Liverpool fans.
Honestly in the grand scheme of things if it comes down to city winning the league and Liverpool winning the CL I’m more fine with that. Liverpool have won it enough times for us to not really catch up, but city have never won it. Liverpool winning 7 isn’t as big for them as city winning 1. However this also gives us the chance that neither city or Liverpool won the CL

Irwin99

If Real get through they have a long time to rest and recuperate as they've already won their league. Also, Pep does have a tendency to feck things up tactically.

Real will be a tough game for them.

I’m loving my life

Hopefully they do win the quadruple.

That way it might get United fans mad enough to storm Glazer HQ by force and get them to sign over the club to us.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If we were to allow the possibility of Liverpool winning the CL to ruin the reality of City botching the CL for us then in a way Liverpool would have already won.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hopefully they do win the quadruple.

That way it might get United fans mad enough to storm Glazer HQ by force and get them to sign over the club to us.
Far more likely that they’ll just be happy to have us United fans talking about something else

MUFC OK

Honestly in the grand scheme of things if it comes down to city winning the league and Liverpool winning the CL I’m more fine with that. Liverpool have won it enough times for us to not really catch up, but city have never won it. Liverpool winning 7 isn’t as big for them as city winning 1. However this also gives us the chance that neither city or Liverpool won the CL
City will bottle the league.