Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

Josh 76

If you count the Europa League it’s four European finals in six years now.
Big pressure to win the final now.
Otherwise it will be just 1 European trophy In 4 finals. Very thin line from being the greatest ever to a German cheerleader !

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How was Ancelotti vs Klopp when Ancelotti was in UK?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Big pressure to win the final now.
Otherwise it will be just 1 European trophy In 4 finals. Very thin line from being the greatest ever to a German cheerleader !
Football is all about thin lines.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
How was Ancelotti vs Klopp when Ancelotti was in UK?
Ancelotti actually has a decent record against Klopp from when he was Napoli manager. I think he was Everton manager last season when they won at Anfield, but everyone was doing that then.

philnguyen1994

If Liverpool wins the PL and UCL but loses the FA Cup Final, would non-Utd football fans consider that a genuine 'treble' like ours in 99?

Not in my book, but I could imagine the pundits lapping it up.

iKnowNothing

They have a very good chance to win the thing. Pep (assuming he makes it there) has a weird tendency to pull out obscure tactics when it matters the most.

sirAlexsglasses

I never thought I’d ever want City to win the league, it’s the best of a bad situation, City to take the league and dippers the CL. I don’t. Want City to achieve their goal of winning the CL and I absolutely do not want the dippers doing the quadruple. What an absolutely depressing state of affairs.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Must be a terrible time to be a United fan.

Really miss Liverpool being a poor side though...can we get those days back :(

padzilla

Hipster
Are Liverpool the first club in top flight English football to be playing in every single game they possibly could have in a season?

The closest United came in was 2008-09 I believe, when they qualified the finals of the CL and League Cup (which they won) but lost on penalties to Everton after Mike Riley made a ludicrous decision not to award us a penalty during the game, which even Moyes, the then Everton manager, agreed should have been given - not that I'm sore over it or anything.

It was also Fergie's first ever semi final defeat.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Are Liverpool the first club in top flight English football to be playing in every single game they possibly could have in a season?

The closest United came in was 2008-09 I believe, when they qualified the finals of the CL and League Cup (which they won) but lost on penalties to Everton after Mike Riley made a ludicrous decision not to award us a penalty during the game, which even Moyes, the then Everton manager, agreed should have been given - not that I'm sore over it or anything.

It was also Fergie's first ever semi final defeat.
Utd also played in the Community Shield, Super Cup and Club World Cup that season, so had they got past Everton in their FA Cup semi, they literally would have played in every possible match. It seemed at the time that the Boxing Day win away to Stoke, just after returning from the Club World Cup in Japan, would be crucial in terms of the title race.

I think there was talk of Utd winning a possible quintuple including the Club Word Cup, rather than a quadruple that season

RoyH1

Save us City!
No. I'm positive that in a final Liverpool would beat City. Madrid and its ole' boys have a better shot even if their football is not as good. Counterintuitive, I know, but that CL finals record is not to be scoffed at.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don't think OP realised how fitting 'inevitable' would be.

Thread will have to be deleted; makes for tragic reading in hindsight.

ForeverRed1

Must be a terrible time to be a United fan.

Really miss Liverpool being a poor side though...can we get those days back :(
It’s the worst, it’s like the equivalent of Arsrnal and West Ham fighting it out to be the best two sides in the world and winning everything while catching you up. Having to pick between the two to win everything. Seriously shite.

padzilla

Hipster
It's at the stage for United fans where many of us would accept City winning the league or CL as okay if it prevents Liverpool winning them...

Ten Hag better be bloody good!

Laurencio

They'll have to beat Real Madrid (probably in for a comeback tonight tbh) or City in the final of the CL, Chelsea in the FA cup and rely on City dropping points against Newcastle, Wolves, Villa and West Ham for the league - which is not a given.

I reckon they get one of those trophies, not all of them.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Y'all need to relax. Pep might choke in the UCL, but he'll never let a league title slip away from his grasp this close to the finish line. Liverpool will probably win the FA cup. The UCL is a coin toss between them and city. But the league? The league is gone.
City has that odd game from time to time where they dont score and Pep dont make any adjustment ingame. I can see this happend with esp with the pressure from Liverpool.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
If City are knocked out by Real tonight, it will be interesting to see how that affects them mentally and confidence-wise ahead of their remaining Premier League games.

I know they quickly recovered from their QF exit against Tottenham in 2018/2019, to win their remaining 5 Premier League games and hold off Liverpool. However firstly I think that overall their squad was strong then than it is currently despite De Bruyne's injury problems, notably with the firepower of Aguero, a younger Fernandinho, Kompany still around etc. Secondly I think that with every passing season, CL exits and failing to land the prize that they want most of all yet again would become more painful.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah im sure you get a whole team behind cheating with Peds :lol: Klopps influence must be on the level of Hitler

Gazautd18

I'm torn on this now...
If you'd have asked me this last week I would have detested the thought of "them" winning anything.
But I just lost an old friend on Monday who was a Liverpool fanatic.
I went round his house to see his son when they were 2-0 down and then the goals started coming in.
I think it's destiny that they will clean up.
Bastards.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Three CL finals in five years is already disgusting. A quadruple would far, far too much.

I don't see them beating this also-excellent City side in both the PL and CL though. The PL most of all.

What a nightmarish world where City winning major trophies is a plus.

youmeletsfly

Three CL finals in five years is already disgusting. A quadruple would far, far too much.

I don't see them beating this also-excellent City side in both the PL and CL though. The PL most of all.

What a nightmarish world where City winning major trophies is a plus.
Realistically, what's worse, the scouse winning all 4 or City winning the UCL and becoming themselves a "big club".

I get the Liverpool hatred and so on, but something inside me tells me that oil money should stay away from the UCL trophy.

Varun

Staff
Realistically, what's worse, the scouse winning all 4 or City winning the UCL and becoming themselves a "big club".

I get the Liverpool hatred and so on, but something inside me tells me that oil money should stay away from the UCL trophy.
City can when the quadruple and the I League here in India on top for all I care. Spouse cnuts can feck off

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Y'all need to relax. Pep might choke in the UCL, but he'll never let a league title slip away from his grasp this close to the finish line. Liverpool will probably win the FA cup. The UCL is a coin toss between them and city. But the league? The league is gone.
They've let an 8 point lead slip. The lead is definitely not gone. They have some tough games remaining.

Friston

Maybe Liverpool under Houllier the season they won the League Cup, FA Cup and UEFA cup.

Even though technically, every single possible game would probably involve getting FA cup replays every round.

Bestietom

City will take the League. Champions League is hard to predict yet. Have to see who goes through between City and Real.

padzilla

Hipster
It's pretty obvious all teams are, which makes you realise we are even shite at doping!
I wouldn't say it's necessarily obvious but there is no question that doping in football is not taken as seriously as other sports and there are huge question marks.

In football when a player fails a drugs test, which is rare to say the least, they are welcomed back at the end of their ban like they had an injury - in other sports they are seen as a pariah.

Questions genuinely have to be asked how teams are now able to produce super human bouts of energy for the entire duration of matches, as well as entire seasons, as well.

It's not like training methods are so advanced they've unlocked superhuman physical attributes that were secretly always there but previously undiscovered.

Nobody really cares though as long as their team is scoring goals and signing big-name players.

A player is able to be tested at any time, but surely the authorities should insist each player in top-flight football is tested after every single game.

I think we would be pretty naive not to think it's rife in top level football, especially with the slackness of the testing compared to the possible financial rewards.