Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

Relevant

I reckon Liverpool looked extremely leggy in both their last two league games and in the first half against Villareal where I thought the impossible may happen :keano:.

I wonder if this puts to bed the claim that they're on PEDs.....cos if they are then they're about as useful as United's right now :lol: although some of em still do have boogly eyes...

I'd take Chelski over Pool for the cup right now, Pool look overcooked and Klopp will be tearing his transplant out wondering whether to shit, stick or twist given the situation in the league and with the Champions League final just around the corner.

djembatheking

All it takes is West Ham to beat City then it is set up for Stevie G to play his part in the quadruple on the final day.

Superden

i cant believe im so invested in the end of a season, where we arent even in the conversation for winning anything. and cheering on real and city, two clubs i despise. although it is good to see teams i want to win actually win, and score some goals doing it. and it feels dirty. really dirty.

Chairman Steve

Chelsea were wasteful as feck in the League Cup final a few weeks back, as well as having 2(?) goals ruled out for VAR. If they play similar to how they played in that, then they’ve got a good chance of winning. Fabinhos a pretty big loss for Liverpool. He’s as important as Van Dijk for me.

djembatheking

The way this season has gone it really wouldn`t surprise me if West Ham beat City to hand the quad to Liverpool and send us to the conference.

erikcred

The way this season has gone it really wouldn`t surprise me if West Ham beat City to hand the quad to Liverpool and send us to the conference.
Relax. KDB will score a hattrick in 10 mins or something. The league is done.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea were wasteful as feck in the League Cup final a few weeks back, as well as having 2(?) goals ruled out for VAR. If they play similar to how they played in that, then they’ve got a good chance of winning. Fabinhos a pretty big loss for Liverpool. He’s as important as Van Dijk for me.
He’s not as important as VVD though. Great player but we are deep enough for the FA cup. The league is done anyway but he will be a loss if he’s not fit to play against Madrid.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I reckon Liverpool looked extremely leggy in both their last two league games and in the first half against Villareal where I thought the impossible may happen :keano:.

I wonder if this puts to bed the claim that they're on PEDs.....cos if they are then they're about as useful as United's right now :lol: although some of em still do have boogly eyes...

I'd take Chelski over Pool for the cup right now, Pool look overcooked and Klopp will be tearing his transplant out wondering whether to shit, stick or twist given the situation in the league and with the Champions League final just around the corner.
Chelsea aren’t exactly in the best form right now. We’ve lost one game since the beginning of 2022. I think we’re favourites for Saturday, but Chelsea are easily good enough to win on the day with the players they have available.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: Love it. Wasn't surprised that Spurs opened Liverpool up completely down his side in a crucial game in the title race.
It was silly for sure. But he's not said anything about quadruple. He just stated he wants one, or two, or three more out of the four. Huge difference.

I think City sacrificing both FA Cup and CL trophies for the league meant we had no chance regardless of the Spurs result. City have not just beaten their remaining 'tricky' opponents but annihilated them. I expect 5 goals each against West Ham and Villa too.

We would have had a chance if Pep kept his team in all the competitions but in hindsight he probably did the right thing focussing on the league and surrendering the others.

Chelskiing

Supports
Chelsea
I literally said to win it in an off season domestically would be nice. I'd take the CL in a season where we were getting relegated. You know what's better than that though?
that's not what i asked though. i agree that winning the CL and being known as clearly the best team is the ideal scenario. but if you have to choose between one or the other, which one do you choose? i'd take the trophy over the recognition of 'being the best'.

Chelskiing

Supports
Chelsea
aye Fabinho is a disgraceful dirty **** responsible for stopping lots of counter attacks. very happy if he's not there

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Greatest side ever la, even if they only win the carabao
They are literally comparing this Liverpool side to others in the past, they're not even comparing us to other teams :lol:

Clutching at straws here mate.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
They are literally comparing this Liverpool side to others in the past, they're not even comparing us to other teams :lol:

Clutching at straws here mate.
I'm taking the piss obviously. But it's funny how eager to eulogise they are at the first chance. They never throw these plaudits so easily to other teams. Pep is right in regards to media bias.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm taking the piss obviously. But it's funny how eager to eulogise they are at the first chance. They never throw these plaudits so easily to other teams. Pep is right in regards to media bias.
To which teams? No other team bar City has reached the heights Liverpool has in the past ten years*, and it's so obvious that this is City's best ever side that you can hardly write an entire article about it.

* In terms of performance and consistency under the same manager.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
All it takes is West Ham to beat City then it is set up for Stevie G to play his part in the quadruple on the final day.
City with +7 in goal difference means they really only need one more win.

It will take a miracle for liverpool to win the title now - they really needed to beat City

United Hobbit

This season is fecking HIDEOUS

Chelsea bottled that Liverpool there for the taking

EVERYTHING is going Liverpool's way they're getting the quadruple may stick more money on it

El Zoido

Three cups on penalties and the league on GD to confirm greatest team ever.

Verward

City is too good to let that happen. All they need is one win to almost seal it which they can easily get from next 2 games.

United Hobbit

Everything is going their way it's absolutely sickening - easy draws, teams missing chances, refereeing decisions

The commentary over them as well is SICKENING its so biased they're DESPERATE for them to win the quadruple

laughtersassassin

They are so fecking inevitable. Always win no matter what.

Still would be surprised if they magically do the quadruple

MalaysianRed7

I can bet any money on here that City lose to West Ham tomorrow, thus knocking United into the ECL and Liverpool into pole position for the title. They’ll then give Southampton their annual 9-0 thrashing, before Gerrard contributes positively to a Liverpool title challenge for the first time by holding City on the final day, allowing Liverpool to drop points to Wolves and still win the league.

Drizzle

Quad is very much on. City lose to a decent West Ham side and then Liverpool pump Southampton say 4-0 and actually even a win may not be enough for City on the last day. Likely? Not really. But given how everything is falling the scousers' way this season, I'm doubling down on my bets. There's genuine evil afoot this season.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I can bet any money on here that City lose to West Ham tomorrow, thus knocking United into the ECL and Liverpool into pole position for the title. They’ll then give Southampton their annual 9-0 thrashing, before Gerrard contributes positively to a Liverpool title challenge for the first time by holding City on the final day, allowing Liverpool to drop points to Wolves and still win the league.
This

United Hobbit

You just know this is happening, this season is fecking hideous and all this is making me hate our cowards even more

BlueHaze

Thought for certain they'd win everything this year but Spurs taking 2 from them changed it. City basically only need 1 win out of their last 2 against Villa and West Ham. Pep may be a CL bottler with them but he is far too good and far too experienced to throw the league away with 2 games to go.

Still think the cnuts will take the CL but I would never rule out that Madrid team.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
How do City lose the league here? Even if they lose to West Ham they will pump Villa.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
At least they are completely knackered and a few injury niggles which may cause some worries in the last few
They look spent. Chasing the quad definitely took its toll. If they arrive at the CL final dead on their feet / injuries to key players, they may actually get battered.