Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

mustaine

Happy Real won! :)

Looking at Liverpool though, I think they are a very good team and whatever we say, they have grown gradually and the right way (unlike most top teams around). I respect that, I’m happy to see them fail to win titles but at the same time I can’t help that I like the way they’ve done things since getting Klopp in. He might annoy me but he’s a great manager. All top modern teams need to sign players and they’ve done a wonderful job of getting players that fit their system instead of just signing big names. Hats off to them for a good season, thankfully they didn’t win it all but two tities (regardless of penalty shooutout wins) and competing for two more is really a great achievement.

F-Red

They've already booked the parade haven't they? Bit embarrassing.
Yep, pure arrogance from the club. Thought they had it in the bag but they've not even won a double (by the definition of the term where you win the domestic league title).

GazTheLegend

Looking at Liverpool though, I think they are a very good team and whatever we say, they have grown gradually and the right way (unlike most top teams around). I respect that, I’m happy to see them fail to win titles but at the same time I can’t help that I like the way they’ve done things since getting Klopp in. He might annoy me but he’s a great manager. All top modern teams need to sign players and they’ve done a wonderful job of getting players that fit their system instead of just signing big names. Hats off to them for a good season, thankfully they didn’t win it all but two tities (regardless of penalty shooutout wins) and competing for two more is really a great achievement.
Yes but also get feckED Liverpool l m a o

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Klopp is exhausted, and so is his team. A lot of first 11 players are absolutely knackered and drawing towards the end of their cycle.

Depending on how good Klopp will be at building a new team, there isn't much left in this one.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What a great day for football

Okey

Gonna be a long night. Hala Madrid. Premium Scouse tears on tap all night.

brian017

So the Bestest and Greatest Premier League Team Ever™ ends up with just the Carabao Cup and FA Cup both win on penalties after 0-0 draws.

I wish the media would wait until May before jizzing themselves and handing out such accolades

Kopral Jono

The amount of hate Liverpool have been getting from fans of clubs who aren’t their traditional rivals is quite stagerring, though. It’s almost as if the whole of England were rooting against them tonight. I would even go as far to say we weren’t hated this much when we were good!

mustaine

Klopp is exhausted, and so is his team. A lot of first 11 players are absolutely knackered and drawing towards the end of their cycle.

Depending on how good Klopp will be at building a new team, there isn't much left in this one.
Might be, doesn’t really take away that they have been really good. They need new blood, that’s for sure. This might have been the last chance of PL glory for now since City are probably dominating the next couple of years. But, we’ll see. However the next episode goes, I still respect what they’ve done.

Deanor44

They're good from 12 yards, they're good from 12 yarrrrrrds, champions of penalties, they're good from 12 yards!!!!:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

Greck

Never forget they laughed at us for losing the title on the last day and losing the CL to the spanish champs twice.

Deanor44

They really are the gift that keeps on giving..... champions of the phantom premier league and the dribble...:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm

They’ve been good last couple of seasons. Not worldclass obviously, but very good.
But now I think we might see the end of an era. All of Salah, Mane and Firmino Will be gone in two seasons time. And it wont be easy for Klopp to replace them.

The disrespect over the treble every single bloody season is incredible.
Being in a couple of finals and in a title race means you are absolutely miles away. Wrap up two however, and go into the CL final with the league and FA Cup wrapped up, fair enough, time to talk about the possibility.

Every year though the media and fans start banging on about it in bloody April, or sometimes even earlier.

Liverpool here a prime example, was mentioned so much, and what have they to show for it? An FA Cup and League cup double. Houllier managed better than that.
It’s time to show the difficulty of the treble more respect. Hell we wouldn’t have won it without a Giggs wonder goal and an absolutely bizarre CL final.

Hester_manc

What a week this has been for Liverpool...They thought they had won the league, when City almost lost points to Villa, and tonight they had all the chances, but Madrid`s keeper played the best macht of his life.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I find the prospect of the parade tomorrow incredibly small time. Premier League or Champions League, sure. Lower down side winning a trophy for the first time in forever, sure. FA Cup and Carabao Cup for Liverpool...nah not for me.
The disrespect over the treble every single bloody season is incredible.
Being in a couple of finals and in a title race means you are absolutely miles away. Wrap up two however, and go into the CL final with the league and FA Cup wrapped up, fair enough, time to talk about the possibility.

Every year though the media and fans start banging on about it in bloody April, or sometimes even earlier.
It's recency bias. There's a desperation in the media for someone else to do something like that again so that they have something to write about all summer. I don't think it's an "ABU" thing.