Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

Jacob

I said it many weeks back. Liverpool won't win a single title beyond the league Cup. They flukes the FA Cup though.

Dante

Average bang
This is the beginning of the end for Klopp. The way they've collapsed at the end is going to undermine his influence in the dressing room the same way Ole suffered after losing the EL final.

IWat

This is the beginning of the end for Klopp. The way they've collapsed at the end is going to undermine his influence in the dressing room the same way Ole suffered after losing the EL final.
Klopp has past achievements to fall back on, and 2 cups this season alone, Ole had the Norwegian league.

RedChisel

All that jizz flying about from the media gimps and the dippers themselves and they end up with a worse double than Mourinho got with us.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You Ok Bro?

Got to all of the cup finals they entered and finished second with an obscene amount of points, oh to have that kind of problems.

He does need to refresh the team but beginning of the end is a bit premature

OmarUnited4ever

Hala Madrid...

Still a great season by Liverpool..

A season of choking UCL final and PL title, accompanied by winning domestic cups on penalties without scoring goals.

Dante

Average bang
Klopp has past achievements to fall back on, and 2 cups this season alone, Ole had the Norwegian league.
Check out Klopp's final season at Dortmund. He finished 7th.
You Ok Bro?

Got to all of the cup finals they entered and finished second with an obscene amount of points, oh to have that kind of problems.

He does need to refresh the team but beginning of the end is a bit premature
He staked his reputation on winning the quadruple but failed at the two biggest hurdles. The players will never look at him the same way again.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He staked his reputation on winning the quadruple but failed at the two biggest hurdles. The players will never look at him the same way again.
As much as I despite Liverpool football club, yet to see anything suggesting Klopp staking his reputation on winning the quadruple. Unless of course I missed that interview. All the quadruple noise has come from the media and it has been an utter greek tragedy for them. Let's have it right, there has been open debates , if Klopp won XYZ would it make him the best manager of all time. Better than Paisley or Shankly, all this shit is coming from BT and Sky.

Glorious to see them get beat in the final. Utterly glorious.

It's recency bias. There's a desperation in the media for someone else to do something like that again so that they have something to write about all summer. I don't think it's an "ABU" thing.
Agreed.

What they should be looking at is how dominant Ferguson’s United were, but managed to do it once, how dominant Liverpool were in the 70-80’s but managed it 0 times, or how City, with 2 billion quid on players and 4 of the past 5 titles have once again 0.

Liverpool’s season has been absolutely outstanding, truly incredible, yet they leave nowhere close. Should tell them everything they need to know.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool is still the best team in the world, and they play the best brand of fotball. 92 point in the league, won both cups, and was the best team in the Cl final. That is unlucky imo.

DeGea’sFeet

Liverpool is still the best team in the world, and they play the best brand of fotball. 92 point in the league, won both cups, and was the best team in the Cl final. That is unlucky imo.
Find this type of comment hard to understand. Real Madrid knocked out PSG, Chelsea, City, Liverpool…. Basically 2 finalist and 2 winners from the past 4 or so years.

They didn’t fluke it. They have a tactic and it works.

Today I actually wasn’t that impressed by Liverpool. Their final ball was often wasteful, most of their chances were not that good and chances you’d expect a 6’7 feet keeper to save, apart from 1 save which he pushed onto the post.

To me, my reading of the game after 30 minutes it always looked like RM would score and win. I honestly didn’t get the pundits talking about Liverpool dominating that first half. Most the chances were chances a team playing with a low defence would expect to give away.

the_cliff

Haven't beat a top 4 team all season.
Haven't scored a goal in any of the 4 finals they've played in.
Won the 2 trophies they did end up winning on penalties.
Had easy runs in all domestic competitions (and a Europa league level run to the European Final).

They had to play Villareal in the Semis for Goodness sake, we at our worst for the last 10 years made fairly easy work of Villareal in the group stages. First decent team they've played in the UCL they've lost.

Ironically the 'Best team in the world' didn't win as many games against the top 4 English teams this season as the team that did end up winning the UCL and of course Madrid don't even play in the same domestic league.

Flexdegea

As much as I despite Liverpool football club, yet to see anything suggesting Klopp staking his reputation on winning the quadruple. Unless of course I missed that interview. All the quadruple noise has come from the media and it has been an utter greek tragedy for them. Let's have it right, there has been open debates , if Klopp won XYZ would it make him the best manager of all time. Better than Paisley or Shankly, all this shit is coming from BT and Sky.

Glorious to see them get beat in the final. Utterly glorious.

Don't quote me but his interview looked like he was crying before it looking at his eyes, he was very dejected......just my take :lol:

Wing Attack Plan R

Hala fecking Madrid!! Thought Benzema’s goal should have stood and killed this thing off a lot earlier. Courtois MOTM by a county mile. It’s a travesty that players like Henderson and Milner could lift this trophy, so good job, Real Madrid cnuts.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Find this type of comment hard to understand. Real Madrid knocked out PSG, Chelsea, City, Liverpool…. Basically 2 finalist and 2 winners from the past 4 or so years.

They didn’t fluke it. They have a tactic and it works.

Today I actually wasn’t that impressed by Liverpool. Their final ball was often wasteful, most of their chances were not that good and chances you’d expect a 6’7 feet keeper to save, apart from 1 save which he pushed onto the post.

To me, my reading of the game after 30 minutes it always looked like RM would score and win. I honestly didn’t get the pundits talking about Liverpool dominating that first half. Most the chances were chances a team playing with a low defence would expect to give away.
Haven't beat a top 4 team all season.
Haven't scored a goal in any of the 4 finals they've played in.
Won the 2 trophies they did end up winning on penalties.
Had easy runs in all domestic competitions (and a Europa league level run to the European Final).

They had to play Villareal in the Semis for Goodness sake, we at our worst for the last 10 years made fairly easy work of Villareal in the group stages. First decent team they've played in the UCL they've lost.

Ironically the 'Best team in the world' didn't win as many games against the top 4 English teams this season as the team that did end up winning the UCL and of course Madrid don't even play in the same domestic league.

And yet they have been the bookmakers favorite in all the games they`ve played all season beside City away, which they where close to 1/1 with. We all would have called United the worlds best team if it was us in their position. Fine margins

Feck me, these newbs are getting worse.
You`r e shitting yourself mate

the_cliff

And yet they have been the bookmakers favorite in all the games they`ve played all season beside City away, which they where close to 1/1 with. We all would have called United the worlds best team if it was us in their position. Fine margins

Nah we would've called United the best team in the world if we'd won the Champions league.

History doesn't remember favourites, history remembers winners.

Irrational.

Liverpool route to the final:

Inter Milan
Benfica
Villarreal

Real route to the final:

PSG
Chelsea
City

This was their best chance of winning the quadruple and they fecked it up.

fergies coat

To be the best team in the world you have to win the big trophies, not be favourites by the bookmakers. Car crash of a post.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Then they can have the bookmaker’s trophy.

Using bookies as a metric is about as dumb as right wingers over here thinking Trump was going to win because they had large boat rallies.

RedDevilRoshi

You clearly are spouting utter nonsense. You need to back it up if you want to be “the best team in the world.

One league title, one FA Cup, one league cup & one CL triumph in 9 years doesn’t give you the tag as “the best team in the world”. You need to win the big trophies and do your talking on the big stage where it matters most. Liverpool have bottled it on the big occasions more often than not. Being the bookies favourites means Jack shit. You don’t win anything for being the bookies favourites, let alone be claiming that you are the “best team in the world”.

Shitting myself on a team that failed to score in 120 minutes in both their cup final triumphs and lost the two big trophies in the same week, if given the choice, they would have preferred to have swapped them over. Yep, I think I’m absolutely shitting my pants!

Last edited:

the_cliff

So don't you think it's a bit of a let down that the 'Best English team in history' lost to an old, ageing, out of prime, close to retiring Madrid team ? I wonder what would've happened if they played the Madrid team of the three peat.

In all honesty this Madrid team....
Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Marcelo, Isco, Casemiro, Bale, Carvajal all have 5 UCLs that's insane. What a group of legends. I don't see this being repeated in our lifetime.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Then they can have the bookmaker’s trophy.

Using bookies as a metric is about as dumb as right wingers over here thinking Trump was going to win because they had large boat rallies.
Dumb ? haha. Its the smartest and most logial way of looking at it. Being a fan of a team make people blind and bias. Had i posted this on Kops forum, everyone would have agreed. Had i posted it on a neutral forum. many would have agreed. Posting it on a United or Everton forum and most would not agreed. Statistics and watching games is the way to go. Liverpool dominante pretty much every game they played this season. That is a fact. Its fine margins they dont have a quadruple in their bag tonigh.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Dumb ? haha. Its the smartest and most logial way of looking at it. Being a fan of a team make people blind and bias. Statistics and watching games is the way to go. Liverpool dominante pretty much every game they played this season. That is a fact. Its fine margins they dont have a quadruple in their bag tonigh.
But they didn’t win the trophies they most coveted.

It’s fine if you want to make money off of a team, use the bookies. But the bookies don’t anoint trophies.

I’m sure Paddy Power can gin up a trophy for Pool. Then the treble will be complete.

Baneofthegame

Dumb ? haha. Its the smartest and most logial way of looking at it. Being a fan of a team make people blind and bias. Had i posted this on Kops forum, everyone would have agreed. Had i posted it on a neutral forum. many would have agreed. Posting it on a United or Everton forum and most would not agreed. Statistics and watching games is the way to go. Liverpool dominante pretty much every game they played this season. That is a fact. Its fine margins they dont have a quadruple in their bag tonigh.
We could say it’s fine margins for a lot of seasons, for a team so dominant they couldn’t manage a goal in three finals, it’s the results that matter at the end of the day.

the_cliff

We could say it’s fine margins for a lot of seasons, for a team so dominant they couldn’t manage a goal in three finals, it’s the results that matter at the end of the day.
Four Finals.

The irony is this was Madrid's most comfortable result in the knockout stages this season.

DeGea’sFeet

Best 2 teams in the prem definitely! Best team in the prem it’s not a ridiculous comment, but City winning the league two years a row speaks louder.
Most attractive football? I agree, but realise that is also a debate as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Like comparing guitar players, someone who is technically great Vs someone who is raw and plays with passion etc.

Best team in Europe? I think the English press really have slept on RM not just this year but over the past decade. In that time they’ve won the thing 5 times! But I’ve never heard them spoken about as “the best team” or “favourite” it’s always “man city” or for a while “Bayern” and now “Liverpool & Man City”